Status: work in progresss..............

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing...

Jaylex meets Tristian

It’s really amazing what can change in as little as twenty-four hours. I mean, a day ago I was just a 17 year old girl wishing to win a simple contest with a, at the time, great friend.

Now I’m a 17 year old girl whose back in the Colorado police station, sitting with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands, listening to him rattle off the names of the children who had been killed before they had stopped tiff. They where, in a way, my own kids. I mean, I loved them so much. I was the one who took care of them when Jaylex couldn’t. I was the one they came running to. Out of almost fifty kids, only 15 where left. They where all in a interigation room away from me, probably scared to death, and I couldn’t help them until the officers where sure I had been a victim of tiff. I held up a hand suddenly.

“You said that Tiff’s son wasn’t in the room with the other kids. Where is he?” tristian gave me a confused look. Yes, tristian was there with me. He had driven me up. I had insisted on him, though the drive had been awkward. I’m not even going to think about that right now.

“he’s in a cell.”

“Why!?”

“He’s the one who had shot The suspect.” I gasped, shocked.

“Can I at least talk to him then?” the man hesitated, then nodded.

“I don’t see why not. It might even prove you where there as a victim.” I sprang up and fallowed the man to the cell that I had stayed in. in the back corner was a body, with only a pair of jeans on. They rocked back and forth, their head resting on their knees so that all you could see was black hair.

He’d got it back to it’s natural color?

I glanced at the officer.

“can I have a few minutes?” he sighed. “Have as many as you want. It doesn’t bother me.” I sighed in relief, approaching the bars. I knelt down and smiled at Tristian reassuringly when he hesitated to do the same. I wrapped my hands around the bars.

“Jaylex.” I whispered softly. His head snapped up, revealing the model like face that was tearstained. He was always so amazingly beautiful, just like his dad. Thankfully, his beauty was soul deep, unlike his dads.

“Gracie.” He breathed, then lurched my way. Tristian jumped, but I just reached towards him through the bars as he latched onto my hand. His skin was rougher then I remember. He knelt in front of me and I gasped.

“Oh, Jaylex, look at your chest.” I breathed. It was littered in cuts and scars that had never been there before.

“Forget my chest. Look at you!” he cried, reaching through the bars to touch my face. I smiled slightly at him.

“Jaylex, this is Tristian.” I said softly, pulling his hand away from my face and then pointing to Tristian, who had been silent. Jaylex gave him a studious look, then nodded. “Thank you for bringing my Gracie to me.”

“I’m not yours anymore, Jay.” I chided gently. He smiled at me, letting my hand go. “I know. Slip up. I’m sorry.” I smiled back. “It’s ook. So how did you end up back with your dad?” he gave me a confused look. “back with? I never left.” I choked slightly, and he gave me a confused look as Tristians arm went around me. “B-but tiff said he sold you!” his face darkened.

“He told me the same thing about you! he locked me in my room. I haven’t been out in almost two years.” I shook my head.

“How are the kids?” I asked softly. He let out a slow breath, then reached out and touched my face again. “Do you really want to know about all of them, or just ours?” he mumbled. I shook my head. “all of them! They’re all my kids. You know that.” He sighed.

“Right. Basement babies. I forgot for a moment. Sarah, johnny, Gregory, Tiffany, Louis, Harry, Jerek, doug, faith, Mary, pete, lucas, mark, Mathew, and Shakina are the only left.” I let out a sigh of relief when he said our baby girls name, then bit my lip. “All the others…”

“Dead.” He said bluntly. I squeezed my eyes shut a moment.

“ok. Wow. Ok.” I opened my eyes again, smiling at him even though I was close to tears.

“I’m going to get you out of here, ok? You don’t diserve this.”

“They just don’t want me with the kids. They’re trying to find me some relatives to live with. Not that they will. But they’re not going to press charges against me. He was coming at me with an axe. Self defense all the way.” I sighed in relief. “Ok that’s good. I just… what will happen when you don’t have any relatives?”

“I’ll need to find a job. I mean, I’m over 18, I can live by myself.” Tristian must of saw the look on my face. “ask before you make the offer.” He warned. I gave him a small smile.

“Would you really mind so much?” I asked softly. He sighed. “No. if you asked.” He added, smiling slightly. “Tristian, Dearest friend of mine, would it be alright if, unless by chance they find an nonexistent relative for Jaylex, he could stay with you until such time as he could buy his own place?” he shook his head, grinning. “Yes, Sarcastic one of mine.” I rolled my eyes and I turned to see Jaylex smirking.

“Love how you didn’t ask me.” I shook my head. “You really going to turn down a free place to stay?” he sighed.

“Touche.”

Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder. I whirled my head up to see the cop.

“We’d like you to come see the kids now.”

“Oh, so you want me to see them now?” he flinched, but just gave me a look. I glanced at Tristian.

“You stay here, ook?” he frowned. “Are you sure?”

“most definitely. If you came with me right now you’d not like what you saw.” He nodded, letting his arm slide away from around me as I stood. I winked at both of them.

“find something in common if youre going to be living together for awhile.” I said nonchalantly, making Jaylex chuckle.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short but the next one will be wayyyyyyy longer. i promise >:] I hope to have it up today. if not dont sue me please >.< and and and and and I just wanted to say i really appreciate all the comments i got yesterday. i was so excited when i opened my mibba a few minutes ago and saw all of the comments and recs ive gotten in the matter of 24 hours.