Status: work in progresss..............

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing...

important filler

I fiddled with Gretch’s guitar. I was just strumming it, but suddenly his voice came from next to me.

“If your messing with my instrument, play something for us!” I shook my head and blushed, looking around. We where in the mall, and the boys where taking a break. The boys laughed at my red face. “please, Grace, play something?” Timmy pleaded. That child, I could never say no. I thought a while, then nodded at my choice.

“Alight. Where’s your mike, Trisitian?” I asked, standing. The boys whooped and Tristian set the mike for me. He set it at my level and smiled. “You’ll do fine. What are you singing?”

“The way she feels by Between the trees.” He frowned.

“never heard of it.”

“it… it means a lot. You’ll see.” He nodded and sat on the fountain as gretch sat the guitar case for me so if I made any money they had somewhere to put it. I cleared my throat and then began strumming. A few heads turned and I blushed.

She's upset, Bad day, Heads for the dresser drawer to Drive her pain away, Nothing good can come of this. She opens it there's nothing There is only left over tears Mom and dad had no right she screams! As the anger runs down both of her cheeks…” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as a crowd gathered.

Then she closed her eyes, Found relief in a knife The blood flows as she cries.” I felt a tear slide and almost gasped.

All alone the way she feels, Left alone to deal with all the pain-drenched sorrow relief, Bite the lip, just forget the bleeding, Then she closed her eyes, Found relief in a knife, The blood flows as she cries. Woah, oh! Then she closed her eyes, Found relief in a knife The blood flows as she cries.” I sneaked a peek and the crowd was doubled. I clinched my eyes shut. Singing with tristian was one thing. By myself, all alone, was completely different. I put my feelings into this song.

Curled up she's on the floor, Relief left her she had hoped for something more, From it (hoped for something more) From it! He leans down to comfort her She is weeping and He Wraps His arms around And around and around and...” I felt a presence by my side suddenly, but didn’t open my eyes.

The deeper you cut, The deeper I hurt, The deeper you cut, It only gets worse. The deeper you cut, The deeper I hurt, The deeper you cut, It only gets worse…. Gets worse!” I opened my eyes to play the short rift and was startled to see Tristian there. I didn’t close my eyes again, just looked to the side, at him.

Now she's slowly opening... Yeah she's slowly opening New eyes... She opened her eyes And found relief in His life And put down her knives Woah, oh! She opened her life And found relief through His eyes And put down She put down her knife!” I stopped, and cheers began. I blushed deeply as I slid the guitar off and handed it back to a shocked looking Gretch.

“I heard you sing with Tristian, but… wow.” He murmured. I shrugged, and josh put an arm around me.

“I’m so, so glad you’ve stopped that.” He murmured, touching my sleeve lightly. I smiled and turned to see Freddie holding out a wad of cash. At least fifty bucks, easy.

“Whoa, what’s that?” I asked, shocked.

“That’s all the money those people threw at you! you got a twenty in here babe!” he laughed and stuffed the money in my hand, which I clinched around reflectively. I smiled. “yum. I want a smoothie!”

“Way ahead of you.” a soft voice said behind me. I turned to see tristian holding out my favorite smoothie. I smiled widely. He hadn’t really talked to me the two weeks since the greens contests last show.

“You where…. Amazing.” He admitted, going pink in the face.

“The song means a lot to me.” I admitted, looking around. I pocketed the cash and looked down.

“what’s wrong?’ tristian asked. I laughed slightly. “I’m kind of in a singing mood. Would you do a duet with me?” I motioned to the mike. He grinned. “absolutely!’ he tugged me to the mikes and told gretchin. He laughed, nodding. I told him my choice, and he agreed it was fun and good to do.

We ended up singing hush hush by Emily Osment and Josh Ramsay. It was great, we danced, we snickered, we just had fun. It was a relief I really needed. I ended up doing a duet with each of the boys, even Timmy. It was six by the time they wanted to leave. I turned to Tristian. His eyes widened.

“I don’t like that look. Whatever it is, no.”

“Please sing for me.”

“ok, definitely no!” he looked panicked. I pouted. “Tristian, I did just fine. Play the piano, no need to look at anyone.” He shook his head no, but josh pushed him to stand in front of the electric keyboard. “do it bro, so we can go.” He muttered. I laughed at Joshes face.

“Fine, I will.” He closed his eyes, debating, and theny they snapped open. Her rested his hands on the keyboard a moment, and then the song came alive beneath his fingertips. I gasped as he looked up and smiled at me, then began singing in a low, gravel like voice I haven’t heard before from him.

"Now I think I understand,
How this world can overcome a man,
Like a friend we saw it through,
In the end I gave my life for you.
Gave you all I had to give,
Found a place for me to rest my head
While I may be hard to find
Heard there's peace just on the other side

Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn
Under my skin
Let it burn!
Left this life to set me free
Took a piece of you inside of me
All this hurt can finally fade
Promise me you'll never feel afraid…
Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn!
Under my skin
Let it burn!
I hope it's worth it
Here on the highway, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you
So tell everybody
The ones who walk beside me, yeah
I hope you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight…
I hope it's worth it
What's left behind me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you
So tell everybody
The ones who walk beside me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight…


The song trailed off, and I think he got more cheers then I did. And the mall was less crowded. I grinned widely and hugged him, suprising both of us. “that was amazing! Why haven’t you sang like that before now!?” I exclaimed. He chuckled and went bright red, not answering.