Status: work in progresss..............

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing...

quiet melt down

“WAKE UP!” someone screamed in my ear. I bolted up, and Trisitan was shaking the bed like a maniac, while Freddy was holding Josh back. I buried my face in my hands, trying to calm my breathing down.

“See!? You scared her! Freddy, let me go!” Josh snapped. A second later a pair of arms wrapped around me. I pulled away, shaking my head. “Don’t. I’m fine.” I murmured, running my hands through my hair. Josh nodded, then scowled at Tristian. “Apologize.” Tristian rolled his eyes, but I held up a hand before he could say anything. “I told you, it’s fine. I have to get used to living around people again. Freddy, turn my Mp3 on?” I asked, rubbing at my eyes. He nodded, turning it on. I grinned as I heard the intro to Fallen Angels By Blackveil Brides come on. “My mp3 has class. It shuffled right to the song I was needing to hear.” Everyone laughed, and I stood and stretched. “alright. Everyone out so I can get a shower.” I made a shooing motion, but all the guys where staring at my legs. I looked down and cursed. I had thrown on a pair of athletic shorts they had bought me, and it exposed my scarred legs beautifully.

“What happened!?” Trisitan asked. I sighed, and began to pointing to each one in order. “Burned with an iron because I talked back. Cut with a knife because I didn’t make supper right. Glass bottle because he was drunk and I didn’t want him touching me. That was also the night he broke three ribs. That one he was high and felt like mutilating something. I was the nearest thing, and my coat hanger was the closest thing that was sharp enough to dig in. “ I lifted my shirt slightly, pointing to the one along my stomach. “That one was because he was an idiot and got me pregnant and didn’t want me having his kid. He’s an ex surgeon, so it would have been alright if he had given me pain killers.” I went to turn so they could see my back, but Josh grabbed my arm. I flinched away and he sighed. “Sorry. But he got you pregnant?”

“Multiple times. He beat it out of me the rest of the times though.” Trisitan looked mortified and Freddy looked green. Josh pulled me into a fierce hug.

“You have no idea how happy I am that we found you, then.” He murmured. I hugged him back, then pulled away.

“There’s plenty more, I promise. But now I want a shower. Please let go?” he let go immediately. I went to my dresser as Freddy and Josh filed out, but Trisitan paused. “You know, they got that movie last night. We can watch it today, if you want. Freddy says you’re his new horror movie buddy.” I smiled slightly. “I love horror movies. That and it’s the only movies I was allowed to watch.” He shook his head. “You are so damn strong spirited. I would have caved under what you went through.”

“Well, I knew eventually I would be found, with him constantly getting arrested and stuff.” He gave me a confused look. “IF you where locked in the basement and he got arrested, how did you eat?”

“I didn’t. sometimes it was three or four days before I ate.”

“Jesus, Gracie.” I jumped when his arms where suddenly around me from behind. I leaned against him for a moment, letting him hold me, then turned so I could see his face. “I was fine, really. Now please, I need a shower.” He sighed, letting me go. I watched him leave my room and Then I locked the door behind him. I felt my knees go out, and I fell to the floor, burying my face in my hands. I tried to push the memory I felt coming away, but I couldn’t. soon enough I was engulfed in it.

“Gracie! Get your ass up here now!” Gretchin slurred as the basement door opened. I groaned, going up the stairs slowly. When I was at the top he slapped me so that I fell in the entryway at his feet.

“Took you long enough.” He hissed, kicking me for good measure. I grunted, but knew if I cried he’d hit me again. he dragged me up and pushed me to the living room. All the windows where closed, and two guys where on the couch. I whimpered, turning to run for the basement, but he shoved me in the room again.

“Don’t even think about it bitch.” Gretchin growled. His foot connected with my face, and I whimpered again, holding my bleeding nose. A blow from behind me had me on the ground, and then all three of them where all over me, beating at me and pulling at me. Soon enough my shirt was gone and one of them was working on my jeans while the other two where still beating me. I was so confused. Usually his friends beat me and that was it, what was going on?

Soon enough I figured it out. That night not only did I get raped brutally, I also lost my virginity to three complete creeps.


“ So, why exactly did we have to watch that movie?” Josh asked. I shrugged, going to get up. He caught my hand and dragged me onto his lap.

“Ok, what’s up. You’re acting… weird.”

“I have no idea.” I said in a monotone, crossing my arms. Even in a hoodie and jeans I was cold. He sighed, squeezing my waist. “Tell me, Sis. Please.” I shook my head, pulling away and going to the kitchen, where Tristian and Freddy had gone after the movie ended. Tristian gave me a look, one of the hundreds all three of them had sent me since the movie started, but I ignored it, opening the fridge.

“Sit down. I want to cook lunch.” I said when Josh entered. They all sat at the Island, and I began pulling ingredients out for what Gretchin called the lunch potato. I loaded a steamed potato with cheese, lunch meat, and any toppings they wanted. It was usually pretty good. I moved around easily as the boys talked and caught up. I slid the plates at them and they gave me a skeptical look.

“Just try it.” I muttered, going to the fridge and getting a glass of milk. I heard a surprised sound behind me, and grinned. I knew they’d like it.

“What is this!?” Josh exclaimed. “A lunch potato.” I said mildly, sitting across from them. He frowned. “Where did you come up with this?”

“Tiff.”

“Who?”

“A friend of Gretchins. He cooked once. This is what he made. Gretchin one the next day, and I had to make it.”

“Why didn’t any of Gretchins friends report him?” Tristian asked, confused.

“Because they usually helped him.” I muttered, looking away from them all. Josh swore and Tristian sighed. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” I shrugged, and Freddy cleared his throat. “You talk about him so easily. How is that?” I laughed with out humor. “Are you kidding? It’s as hard as hell. But you guys keep asking questions, and I was taught if a question was asked you answer it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe I got another chapter up! you can thank Picture me brokens song Dearest i'm so sorry for that.... xD