Status: What do you think?

Ruled

Recovery

I laid motionless in the infirmary. I was hoping for Loki to come in and comfort me and tell me everything will be okay. But instead, I've been waiting and waiting for a solid three hours. I would call out his name, but my throat was sore and raspy from screaming so much.

I say his name in my head instead, then I heard footsteps. Loki opens the door and smiles at me.

"You called?" I just nod my head.

"You can't speak? What happened?" I looked at him and pointed at my throat.

"You have a sore throat?" I nod my head again.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know they would do something like this. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that they will pay for what they did and that its only a matter of time until we rule this planet, they'll have to answer to us. Would you rule with me, Helen?" I tried to open my mouth, but my throat was too raw for me to say anything. I try not to cry, but the pain was intense.

"Let me help you," Loki placed his hand on my throat. It looked like as if he was about to choke me. I panicked a bit, but his hand glowed a pale blue and I felt an icy cool sensation on my neck. The raw feeling and pain had vanished and I was able to speak again.

"Thank you." My voice was still raspy, but clear enough for him to hear me without difficulty.

"How did you find me so fast?" Loki looked at me with confusion in his eyes.

"Pardon?"

"Before I gave myself up to the Avengers, you said it would take you a couple weeks to find me, but it only took you a couple days."

"You didn't go very far to be honest..." Loki said. I chuckled under my breath at the irony of his statement.

"...And the magic I placed in that pendant was more potent than I realized. It was quite easy. I planned on staying longer so we could slay them all together, but you were injured and I wanted to take you somewhere safe." I remained silent and clutched the pendant around my neck.

"They will try to look for you again and hunt me down. We have to leave soon."

"Where are we going?"

"A place where they can't find us. I was hoping we could go to a different dimension, but the only way we can leave this one, is if I had my staff."

"And you don't have it?"

"No, its back with the Avengers. They guard it with their very lives because its connected to this powerful artifact called The Tesseract. In other words, thats how my staff can help us shift through different dimensions in no time at all."

"So we have to go back and get it?" Loki looked me in the eyes.

"I have to go back. Your going to stay here and be ready to leave."

"Will I need a bag?"

"Bring one if you like. But only bring what is necessary. Meaning, weapons and clothes." I nod my head.

"When do you plan on leaving?"

"As soon as you feel better." Then, this questions pops up in my mind.

"When will you come back?"

"I might not...."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Changes or no? Enjoy, but don't be a dick :)