Status: What do you think?

Ruled

My Birthday

I woke up with the sun almost blinding me. I sit up in my bed and wait for my eyes to adjust to the amount of light. When I could see, I saw Loki sleeping in a chair right next to my bed. I saw that there was a big box sitting next to him and he had his hand on it. I tried to reach for his hand without him waking up. It was smooth, but freezing. I suddenly feel his hand turn over and squeeze mine. Only one of his eyes open.

"Surprise, my sweet." I quickly jerk my hand away in shock.

"Were you even asleep?"

"No, I was just seeing what you would do. I got you a present."

"Why?"

"'Why?' Its your birthday, isn't it?" I completely forgot my own birthday. With everything going on and all these fuckisms, I forgot my birthday.

"You'll be nineteen? Correct?" I nod my head.

"I can't believe you forgot your own birthday. Clouded mind I suppose. Want to open your gift?"

"Its a pretty big box... wonder what it could be. A laser? A time bomb?" Loki just chuckles and looks at me.

"No, I think you'll really like it. Open it." He pushes the gigantic box toward me. I lift the lids, remove the bubble wrap to find a black acoustic guitar. My jaw just drops. I'm just in such shock and aw that I don't know what to say.

"I knew you'd like it. You might need this," he said handing me a green Gibson guitar pick with a chain attached to it.

"Its a necklace, clever. I love this gift. Thank you," I said giving Loki a big hug. He hugged back even tighter. I pushed his away.

"Sorry, couldn't breathe. Asgardian strength I'm guessing?"

"I suppose. I have another surprise for you later on after you get dressed."

"What is it?"

"Its a surprise. You'll love it. I promise. Meet me at my quarters when you're done getting ready and bring your guitar, please," he said getting up and leaving my room.

I get ready but combing my hair -which was pitch black now- ,Put on black skinny jeans, a hunter green shirt, and black boots. When I started putting on my eyeliner, I noticed that my eyes are now bright icy blue instead of pitch black like they've always been. I put one coat of pencil liner on the top lids and I stormed out of my room with my guitar. Then, I remembered my necklace. I come back to my room to put it on and then went to Loki's room.

"Loki? I have a question that I really need an answer to," I said as I walked into a pitch black room.

"Loki? Where are you? Why is it so dark in here?" I only heard foot steps.

"This isn't funny. I have some questions. Why are my eyes bright blue? Why is my hair now pitch black? Please answer me." The lights turned on and there was an empty chair and a table next to it with needles and ink.

"Whats this for?"

"Your tattoo. I'm going to draw your first tattoo," Loki said stepping out from the shadows.

"You still need to answer the questions."

"I don't know why your hair is now black or your eyes are now blue. If you ask me, you're still beautiful to me. Come, sit." I reluctantly sit down and put my right arm on the arm rest. He moved the table away.

"Don't you need that stuff to make the tattoo?"

"I just thought of a quicker way. This might hurt a bit, but it'll be worth it."

"Why are you doing this for me?"

"I know you want a tattoo, but your mother didn't want you to have one, correct?" I nodded.

"then, lets proceed." He placed his cold hand on my wrist. A green glow just lit his hand and my arm began to tingle.

"Just tell me if it starts to hurt, alright?" I nod my head and lay my head back. I could feel his on me, then back to my arm. My arm went from tingling to a slight pain, but nothing I couldn't handle. Images started appearing on my arm. I saw a bird and some vines. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. The slight pain increased with every passing minute.

"Its starting to hurt. I think you should stop, Loki." I sit up.

"I can't stop. I can try to make the pain less of a problem, but that will make this take longer, my sweet. Can you stand it for just one more moment?" I lay back down and bit my finger. I nod. Loki continued with the tattoo. I saw more colors in the images. The bird was turning blue, then purple and there was a yellow rose. The vines looked like they were transforming into snakes and they were turning green. The pain then increased sevenfold. I bit my finger harder and grunted.

Finally the pain ceased and Loki removed his hand. The purple bird, the green vines/snakes, and the yellow rose were visible the colors were so beautiful and vibrant. I smiled at the amazing results.

"Its fantastic. This was in one of my drawings. How did you know?"

"Have you forgotten already that I am a mind reader?"

"Oh, right. Well, this is really stunning. I'm so surprised. Are you an artist?"

"I didn't draw it, I thought it and transferred it onto your arm. Much simpler and a lot faster, wouldn't you say?"

"I would. It looks great. Despite everything, this is the best birthday present I've ever received, besides the guitar."

"I'm glad to hear it. Do you want to do anything special for your big day?"

"I can't think of anything. You don't have anything planned? You had all of this planned."

"I do, but I wanted to know what you wanted to do." I began to smile like an idiot.

"I wanted to spend the day with you and I want to hear you play a song of that guitar." I take the necklace off and wrapped the silver chain around my hand. I tune the guitar and started playing Sunday Morning by Maroon Five.

"'Sunday morning, rain is falling. Steal some cover, share some skin. Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable. You twist to fit the mold that I am in. But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do! And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew! That someday it would lead me back to you. Thats someday it would lead me back to you! That may be all I need! In darkness, she is all I see! Come and rest your bones with me! Driving slow on Sunday Morning and I never want to leave. Fingers trace your every outline. Paint a picture with my hands. Back and forth, we sway like branches in a storm! Change the weather, still together when it ends. That may be all I need! In darkness, she is all I see! Come and rest your bones with me! Driving slow on Sunday Morning. And I never want to leave.'"

I look up and see Loki smiling, paying attention to the words and listening closely. I put down the guitar to hear his reaction. I put the necklace back around my neck.

"That was fantastic. I never had the patience to learn how to play that infernal instrument. How do you do it?"

"You have to really want to learn. You can't just pick up a guitar and learn how to play. You have to want it, otherwise it would be meaningless." He simply nodded.

"So, you want to know what else I have planed for you?"

"Surely, why not?"

He stood up from the chair and offered me his hand. I took it and we just stared at each other. He then cupped my face in his hand and leaned in until ours lips met. At first it was gentle, then he kissed me harder. I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips were warm unlike his freezing cold hands which gave this embrace the perfect balance for me. I tangles my fingers in his hair and began to gently pull on it. I hear a grunt coming out of his mouth between breaths. We broke away.

"I think today, that was the best birthday present." His hand was still cupping my face. Our foreheads touched and we laughed.

"Well it gets better... if you'd let me," he said in all seriousness. I nod and we continued kissing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. Changes or no? Enjoy, but don't be a dick :)