Status: What do you think?

Ruled

Arrows in the Fire

Loki and I trained relentlessly to perfect the fire starting. On this particular day though, Loki was worried and paced back and forth in his room. I stayed in my room, trying to remember what happened the day I killed my mother. It was all a blur. I started to recall house engulfed with flames, screaming people, and someone looking down at me when I was lying down. And that was it.

I stared at the ceiling for hours non stop until I felt a shudder on the Helicarrier. I looked out my window to see what was going on. The left side was on fire! I ran out of my room to find Loki. The first place I decided to look was his room. He wasn't there. I started to run all around the Helicarrier until I was outside. Flames everywhere.

"Loki! Where are you? Loki!" I heard no voice, footsteps, or anything that would let me know it was him.

I ran toward the flames, hoping to extinguish them. I take out my right hand and turned it in a circular motion and closed my eyes. I felt the fire going into my hand. It burned so badly and the pain was almost unbearable, but I stood my ground.

Soon, my knees began to buckle and I put my hand down. I look around to see that the flames still engulfed everything. I saw something fly past me. It was a blonde haired man with similar armor that Loki has, only he had a red cape. I assume its Loki's brother, Thor. It was him and his band of Avengers that Loki told me about.

I manage to stand up and point my hand at Thor who was still flying. I focus my energy and blue flames shot out from my hand. The flames hit Thor and he crashed onto the Helicarrier. As soon as I mustered up a smile, an arrow flew past my head and started beeping. I ran for my life and the arrow exploded. I ducked and looked up. More flames and burnt pieces flying off. Another arrow flew past with rope attached to it. A man wearing all black grabbed hold of the rope and swung from a nearby helicopter. I take hold of the rope to burn it. Soon enough, the flames covered the rope and it began to break. The man let go of the rope, but still managed to land onto the Helicarrier.

I began praying that Loki comes here soon. I was worried to death that something might have happened to him. Thor was getting up and walked toward me.

"You have to come with us, Helen! Now," he said extending his hand to me. I bat it away.

"I don't want to leave! This is my home, now get away from me!"

"I don't think you have a choice. Loki is lying to you and playing you for a fool!"

"I don't care what he's doing or planning to do to me! I'm not leaving him! Loki! Where are you?!"

"He's not coming to save you. He only thinks of himself."

"But... but, he saved me." Thor looked at me in confusion. I walk away from him and all the chaos. I try to find Loki again. I saw him running toward the left side of the Helicarrier screaming my name.

"Helen! HELEN!" I ran as fast as my legs could take. I felt myself limping, but I didn't care.

"Loki," I said hugging him from behind.

"I've been screaming your name for the longest time. I'm so proud of you," Loki said turning to look at me.

"For what?"

"You've finally mastered your powers. You used them to protect what you hold most dear. I couldn't be happier. Now, I must inquire a favor."

"Anything, I'll do it."

"I need you to go with my brother and his mates." I stood there stunned.

"W-why? I don't want to leave you, Loki. I'd rather die." He shakes his head and smiles.

"Why do you insist on staying here?" The reason was obvious.

"Why can't you give me a straight answer?"

"I want you to go with him because I can track your whereabouts..." he said giving me the guitar pick necklace. It glowed bright green.

"... and we can do some damage together. Like it was always meant to be. I will find you, my dear. It won't be long, perhaps a couple weeks," he said as he placed his hand on my face.

"I don't want to be away from you."

"Why?" I gulped and opened my mouth.

"Because I love you...." Loki grew pale and gave me a small smile. He leaned in for one last kiss. His lips pressed hard and we instantly broke away.

"You better come get me, or I'll hunt you down myself," I said refusing to let go of his hand.

"I give you my word, that I will come back for you, you just have to surrender yourself now."

"What will they do to me?"

"Its hard to say. I assume they'll ask questions and run tests..."

"...Why would they run tests," I interrupted.

"I don't know, dear. Its just an assumption. Maybe they won't do anything. You have to go," he said letting go of my hand.

"Conceal the necklace away from the others. They'll figure out what its for, but never take it off."

"You're going to use this to track me?"

"Yes, now you have to go, I will find you, I promise you and have the All Father strike me dead if I'm lying to you now." He takes my hand for the last time and kissed it before he completely disappeared. I tried not to cry. I walk out of the shadows to give myself up. I went up to Thor and held out my hands.

"I surrender myself to The Avengers," I said as I bowed my head.

"Thank you for finally cooperating, Helen. We have some questions that need answering. We won't hurt you in anyway, I assure you. If you will go with Mr. Barton," he said pointing to the man that shot arrows at me, whom was holding a pair of handcuffs. He locked the handcuffs around my wrists and they glowed blue after Barton pressed a button on them.

"And don't think of trying to turn these cuffs off. It'll hurt... a lot."

"Thanks for the warning Clint Barton," I said finally remembering the rest of his name. I try to smile sinisterly like Loki does to intimidate him.

"Or should I call you Hawkeye?" He scowled and pushed me onto the helicopter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. Changes or no? Enjoy, but don't be a dick :)