Status: New Story

The Diaries of a Psychopath

Isabella

Isabella sat in a tight ball against the wall on her bed. The room was sparse. The walls and floor were stained with dry, rust colored splatters. It was dark, so very very dark. The small window on her door showed just a glimmer of light, but not enough to fill the dark void. She was listening closely to the sounds that were coming from the hallway.

Even though she was tightly pressed against the wall, she had somehow managed to get twisted in the scratchy linen sheets.

Suddenly out of the silence came a subtle noise. A noise most people would find common. It was the click of a pair of leather-bound shoes on cold cement tiled floors. The noise stopped just outside Isabella's door. She scrunched herself into an even tighter ball and waited.

A click came from the door as he turned a brass key in the lock. The door opened noisily and the silhouette of a man stood in her doorway, illuminated by a halo of light.

The man had the key in one hand and a clipboard in the other. And in his pocket a shape bulged. A very familiar shape. One she had become quite acquainted with in the last eight months.

"Good evening, Isabella. It's time for your medicine." He cooed out, gliding over to the bed in two swift motions.

A glint of fear entered her eyes as he pulled the syringe out of his pocket and pulled her arm down to stick the syringe in. She gulped, but didn't say anything. She knew if she talked he would make it worse for her. And she had become so frightened and had such a delicate state of mind, that anything could set her off.

His leather shoes clicked out of the room and shut and locked the door. She sat in silence and waited for them to come. She knew they would, they always did.

The darkness disappeared and light filled the room. But not a natural light. It was colorful, supernatural. A light that wouldn't be seen by any other eyes.

"Isabella. Isabella. Come out and play, Isabella." The little girl cooed.

She was wearing a pink and blue floral baby doll dress and had small heels on to match it. Her long brown hair cascaded down her back in ringlets. And her face was painted with light blue eyeshadow with pink circles on her porcelain cheeks, making her appear to be blushing.

She walked out of the light and gracefully danced over to Isabella's bed. Her porcelain body made a tinkling sound as she stepped across the cement floor. A supernatural wind came from nowhere and blew her dress out behind her.

"Isabella. Don't you want to play with me?" questioned the porcelain girl.

Isabella shuddered and pulled the sheets closer to her body.

The girl pulled something from behind her back and tilted her head to the side. Her glass eyes moving with Isabella's shivering body.

"Time to play, Isabella!" She laughed out, jumping up on the bed and bringing the knife down in a sharp arc.
**************************************************************************************************

Dr. Gray sat back and sighed in content as he listened merrily to Isabella's screams. Her screams rang out all along the hallway. He was sure his medicine had worked on her this time.