Status: New Story

The Diaries of a Psychopath

Shane

His bed was pushed against the wall and he was tucked into the sheets tightly. He had already been given the medication, he was simply waiting for it to start. Because they always came, whether it was just one or many of them. They always came.

Even just the sound of the clicking of their jaws and hallow sound of the wooden shoes on the cement floor set him off. They scared him.

A faint sound of laughter could be heard just outside his door. He pulled the sheets securely up to his chin and curled into a tight ball.

The door creaked open and a small figure stood in the light. It's arms swung lightly at it's side. It stepped further inside and Shane could tell that this one was a boy. He had a balsa wood face. His glass eyes were a coppery shade of red. He was wearing a pair of trousers with small pockets on each side and a pale blue button up shirt.

The wooden boy stepped further into the room and a breeze slammed the door shut behind him. The boy stared at Shane for a second, before his glass eyes traveled the expanse of the room coming to rest on Shane's terrified face. The boy's jaw unhinged and he stood in the center of the dark room, his mouth agape, eyes fixated on Shane's expression.

He stepped closer to the bed and Shane flinched back. The wooden boy's mouth closed and formed a smirk on his evil-looking face. The sound of his wooden shoes clicking on the cement floor reverberated in the room.

A second later the wooden boy was upon the bed and Shane trembled and shook in his fetal stature. The wooden boy continued to smile at Shane and then he reached his tiny, gloved hands around Shane's throat and squeezed. Squeezed tightly until there was no longer any breathe coming from Shane.

The wooden boy laughed a maniacal laugh and stepped off into the shadows, never to be seen from again.