Sequel: Long Live Us
Status: Completed

Possibly Impossible

What's A Kid To Do Now?

Alex's POV: 

The last couple weeks of school seemed to take forever to pass from finals to graduation prep. I was worn out. The up side to these weeks is that Jack and I were able to feel safe, free. Our band is coming along nicely. We wet with Rian name, All Time Low, for our band. Jack has been getting us gigs in local bars to get us started. The whole school tell us that they love out band, if only it would actually take off. My dream is to play warped tour with my favorite bands. Blink 182 are going this year and Jack surprised me with tickets to the Maryland date. 

I probably should start thinking about colleges, this whole Matt and Rox thing has gotten my mind off of any school work. I surprisingly passed all my finals. I almost failed Calculus, only because I never went to class and snuck off to hang out in the treehouse. I can remember every single thing that happened I that park, in our treehouse. Some were dirty, some were romantic, but all worth it to me. 

Tonight was finally graduation, I couldn't wait. We were all planning on getting signed as a band before we graduated, but Hayley really messed up that one. We had a month to get ourselves out there. We all needed to find a college to go to know. 

Jack ran into my room. At first I didn't notice, I was deep in thought. 
"Lex! Lex guess what!"
"Huh, what?"
"I got us a bigger gig!"
"That's wonderful Jack! Where?"
"The post graduation party!"
"That is so cool!"

We get to play at a party. Sure the whole school already liked us, it was the biggest crowd we had ever played. 

Jack's POV: 

I started to get ready, graduation was in one hour. I did my hair and I put on my suit and tie. I grabbed my blue graduation gown and out it over my suit. I took my cap and Alex's out of the closet. I walked p we to Alex and placed the cap on his head. He looked stunning, as always. I fixed the tassel so it was no longer in his face. 

"Thanks Jack. I love you."
"Anything for you babe."
I smiled and grabbed his hand while we both walked downstairs to greet Isobel. She was very proud of Alex and everything he accomplished. My mom still didn't give a shit. She said that once you've hone to three graduations, you've seen them all. She decided to go on a luxury cruise, without me, on the night of my graduation. But she didn't matter, all that mattered to me was Alex. 

Isobel drove us to school. Rian looked really good. He was valedictorian. He wrote out a big speech. He seemed really nervous about it. Zack walked up with a blue vest gown thing. He cut the sleeves off his gown to show his muscles at graduation. We were greeted by every girl in the school. Everyone seemed to have a crib on each one of us. But we weren't interested in them. Alex was my only one. 

We all say in alphabetical order. I sat a couple sets from Rian, but I couldn't see Alex anymore. The ceremony started, but I didn't pay attention until Rian's speech. It was perfect. He was really nervous for nothing. The principal got up and started handing out diplomas. 
"Jack Barakat!"

I got up and accepted my diploma. I always expected myself to do something weird or crazy, but I was trying to make a better impression on Isobel. After this, I'm not holding anything back. By the time I got back to my seat I saw Rian step up for his diploma. I watched as Alex got his and soon after Alex, Zack got his. 

We all left the auditorium and set up our band stuff in the stage set up in the gym. We already started playing by the time people began to walk into the gym. Everyone started dancing as soon as they came in. Then I saw him. Matt was standing against the wall. He didn't graduate, he was just here. I kept my eye on him and Alex the whole time. I'm sure he was harmless now.   

Alex's POV: 

"This song goes out to the only person I've ever loved, Jack, this is for you!" 
 He smiled back at me while I started strumming the chords to Hit the Lights. 

"I'm sitting here wishing for something that's missing
I'm waiting for you to tell me
that time keeps on passing
I'm hoping, I'm asking
to stand by your side
at least for tonight

let's follow through with this reckless dream
that's tearing me up inside
and all the time we've been so innocent

So don't you go I've got you where I want you
and I'm never letting go
hit the lights we'll be all right
tonight our dreams come true

now lets take our chances
please give me your answer
it's all up to you so please take me away
we've waited for so long
I can't say it feels wrong to close my eyes
when all I see is you

let's follow through with this reckless dream
it's tearing me up inside
and all the time we'll make it seem
like we have nothing to hide nothing to hide

So don't you go I've got you where I want you
and I'm never letting go
hit the lights we'll be all right
tonight our dreams come true " 

Everyone cheered, I saw Matt sitting in the back. We made eye contact, I felt bad. 

"This song goes out to Matt!"

"i'm looking forward to another day without you
the way i see it you could never do what i do
i welcomed you with open arms,
you drove the knife write through my heart
so now i'm crossing out the pain that's been tearing us apart.

you were out of sight, now you are out of line
went to your head, now you are left behind.
let me go, can't you see,
you're just the next best thing to me
here i go, honestly,
you're just the next best thing to me

i'm packing up my things and moving on without you,
as far as i can see you'll never do what i do
i'm pushing you away, living out my dreams that you tore down
can't you just swallow up your pride
admit to me, and finally drown.

i think you're in over your head,
choking as the water fills your lungs
can't you see to me you're dead?

you were out of sight, now you are out of line
went to your head, now you are left behind.

let me go, can't you see,
you're just the next best thing to me
here i go, honestly,
you're just the next best thing to me"  

I saw him smile, it was well worth it.

--------------------------

After our set we went down to enjoy the rest of the party. An older guy walked up to Jack and I. We looked confused. 
"hello, I'm Mark, from Emerald Moon Records. I was just listening to your band and I think that you guys would be the perfect addition to out label. Also, we would like you to represent us on Warped Tour this year." 

I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. My hand started shaking. Jack looked at me, then back at Mark. 

"Are you serious!?" Jack finally spoke because I couldn't.
"Absolutely, where are the other two, we can discuss." 

We found Rian and Zack and explained everything. They were just as speechless as I was. I didn't have to go to college, yet. I knew it was too good to be true. 

" There is only one problem."
"What is it?" he pointed to Jack and I. 

"You guys can't act like a couple in public."
♠ ♠ ♠
:O ending omfg!!!!

Who is up for the sequel!? I am!!

Thoughts on fic? Comments?
I'll try to write up the summary and make the characters by Friday! Haha a nothing thing infridy right!?

:D