Status: Active

Light Spot

New Dream.

Reaching your dreams seems so easy when you're eight years old, especially when everyone encouraged it by the time you were sixteen.

But being pressured by your own parents to move to Los Angeles the minute you turn eighteen, does take the fun out of it.

"Ready to take over the world, pumpkin'?" My father as he stepped out of the limo after the driver opened it.

"Imagine having all the spotlight darling, it is something you have always dreamed of" My mother said happily, handing me my designer handbag as we both stepped out, the door closing behind us.

"No, I always said that I prefer going to college and study to be a movie Director" I sighed while I settled the bag properly onto my shoulder "The dream of being an actress was long gone"

"Well, you have to want to be in front of the camera, not behind it" She said sternly and walked towards the inside of the airport, the sound of her heels was the only thing following her.

I rolled my eyes, fighting a battle I knew I was never going to win.

I felt my dad's hand fall on my shoulder "She only wants what's best for you" He said softly.

I frowned "I don't want her to do that, I don't want her to turn me in something she was never able to be" I huffed, pushing my raven hair out of my face.

My dad sighed and motioned the driver to pick up my luggage and followed us towards the lady where I had to Check-in.

"Monroe!" My mom called out to me the moment she spotted my presence.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic calls, but made my way over her.

"Yes, mother" I grumbled.

-

After checking myself in, I handed my luggage and headed towards the gate, my parents following me.

As we arrived at the last stop before heading in to the plane, I turned around.
You may wonder, why do it? Why go through this hell and do something I didn't want to do just to please my parents? Why sacrifice my own dream?

My grandfather is John Joseph Nicholson, better known as Jack Nicholson. An American actor, film director, producer and writer. He is renowned for his often dark portrayals of neurotic characters. His twelve Oscar nominations make him the second most nominated actor of all time.

He is the father of my mother, he was never there and that's why my mom wanted to be an actress, oping for some kind of reaction from him. Since he was too busy with is job and other children. My mom did get a few acting jobs here and there, nothing big. When she got her first role to play in a movie, she got pregnant with my dad who was and still is, a successful architect. It was either abort the child and get the role or keep the child and forget the role. She chose the lather and here I am.

I also just wanted to make my family proud and keep our name high, even if it meant sacrificing my true dream.

My mom came over to me and engulfed me in a hug "Well, the time is finally here, you're jetting of to the world you always dreamed of" 

"Yeah" I sighed.

"Make us proud, okay? I love you" She said, I nodded and she released me, wiping the tears coming from her matching blue eyes. She ran her hand through my hair one last time and stepped back.

"Come here" My dad said and opened his arms.

I chuckled and entered his embrace.

"Don't forget to call us the minute you arrive at the apartment, yeah?" I nodded into his chest "There will be a driver waiting for you, he will be your new driver"

I looked up at him and pouted "Can't I take Chip with me?" 

He shook is head  and chuckled and released me "Definitely not, I could never think about getting another driver, you know that".

I sighed "Well let's hope he'll be nice".

My dad shook his head "Listen Monroe, nobody in that city is nice, all they want is your money or your light, don't trust anyone, your skin has to be thick to be able to survive in that world. Only trust your self and prove that you are worthy of being the best, strive to only be the best, Alright?"

I searched his serious eyes and nodded.

"Flight to LAX, Los Angeles, California, boarding now" The speakers shouted through the room, making the people arround us stand up and head towards the gate.

"It's time to go sweetie" My mom interrupted.

I hugged both of them and turned around, towards the gate.

"Good morning!" A redheaded stewardess said, grinning widely.

I returned her smile and passed her my ticket.

"Have a nice trip" Her voice rang.

I waved for the last time to my parents and entered the gate, into a new beginning, a new life.

A new dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp, new story! Not as dark as my other story, so that's pretty refreshing!

Monroe would like to know what you guys think? :)

Im excited!

Xxx