Status: active

Just My Luck

a little bit of bad luck;

Her life was slowly falling apart at the seams. None of this would ever had happened if she hadn't gone to that stupid party. She wouldn't have met them. She wouldn't have opened up to them. Her life would be the normal boring life it had always been.

"I have the worst luck in the world. Literally." Her head fell back against the uncomfortable airport seat.

It felt like it to her anyway. A series of unfortunate events seemed to agree with her.

"I'm sure that's not true, dear," a middle-aged woman that was sitting in the chair next to her stated. The young girl lifted her head to stare at the woman.

"You think so?" The woman nodded. "Hm. I would have to disagree. I really do."

The two stared at each other for a moment. The older woman noticed the redness of the girl's eyes. She looked worn out and stressed. Something a teenage girl should not have looked liked then. She had her whole life ahead of her. What could possibly have gotten her down so bad?

"What's your name, love?" she asked the teenager, quietly.

"Olivia. Olivia Gellar." The brunette girl rubbed her tired eyes with a sigh.

"May I ask why you believe you have such bad luck, Olivia?"

"As long as you promise to call me Ollie." The woman agreed and Ollie readjusted herself in her chair to be more comfortable. They had two hours to kill before the flight and this was a long story.

It all started on a Friday night. Ollie had gone to her friend Amber's house for a party. It took a lot of pleading and begging just to get Ollie to show up. Amber knew it would be an even greater challenge to get her to actually have fun. Ollie wasn't a partier. She didn't drink or flirt unashamedly with random guys or even dance.

She was that awkward friend who stood in the corner by herself, only staying long for people to remember her presence. Ollie was gorgeous and everyone knew it. All the guys loved her and tried very hard to get into her pants; none ever succeeding. She was a self-proclaimed goody-two-shoes. She was snarky but everyone still adored her.

"Ol! I'm so glad you're here!" Amber greeted, yelling over the loud music. Ollie gave a half smile and sighed.

Ollie could honestly say that she disagreed with her friend. How could she argue against Amber, though? She was virtually the only friend she had. Amber was really the only person that had gotten close enough to her to actually get to know her. Everyone else loved what they thought Ollie was; a seemingly perfect girl. Amber knew she was far from it and accepted her for who she was.

"Come on, babe. Now is not the time to sulk in the corner, waiting for the clock to strike twelve," Amber stated, pulling her into the packed living room. She handed Ollie a red plastic cup. Ollie scrunched her nose at the smell of the alcohol.

Drinking was never appealing to her. Getting 'shit-faced wasted' didn't sound attractive or entertaining in anyway. She would rather sit at home and read than party, to be honest.

Ollie stood off to the side awkwardly as the house of teenagers danced, drank, and probably hooked up in one the many bedrooms in Amber's house (she saw several pairs of couples disappear upstairs). A few guys stopped to chat (or hit on her) but seeing as she wasn't saying much, they gave up several minutes into one-sided conversation.

"Oh my God, Ol. You are such a downer!" Amber said, returning to her nearly an hour later. "Have you even drunk any of that?" She pointed at the cup in Ollie's hand.

Ollie shook her head. "I don't like beer."

Amber laughed loudly. "Just drink it, babe! Or I'll have Brandon come over here and keep you company. We both know how much you love him." She smirked wickedly.

The brunette cringed at the sound of his name. Ollie hated Brandon. He was a creep and always trying to get with her; at school, at the mall; at these dumb parties. Everywhere. He couldn't seem to the hint that Ollie definitely wasn't interested. So far that night, she had managed to avoid his creep presence.

Not wanting to see him, she took a quick sip of the drink. She closed her as it went down. It was disgusting. It was even worse than she thought it was going to be.

"WOOO, OLLIE!" Amber yelled, fist pumping the air.

Not even two minutes later, there was a loud banging at the front door. The room went silent. Someone had cut the music. Panic seemed to flood in instantly as the person stated loudly that they were a police officer.

Ollie stood, frozen, as everyone tried running out the back door. Her brain seemed to shut down at the realization that she was in a serious amount of trouble. She could probably talk her way out of it with the cops, considering she had barely taken a sip of beer and she could prove that, but there was no escaping the anger of her parents. They thought she was at Amber's to study, a lie that was quite reasonable since she such a good student.

The police burst through the door and anyone still remaining in the room knew there was no getting out. A few girls started crying on the spot. The officer closest to Ollie grabbed her arm and pulled her outside.

The man questioned her once they were on the front lawn. He asked her, her age, where she went to school, and if she had been drinking. Ollie told him everything, except that she had taken a sip of beer; she felt that was unnecessary. The police officer gave her a breathalyzer test, which she passed, but took her to the police station to be picked up by her parents.

She was dead. Okay, not literally, but when her parents found out she went to that party, she was going to wish she was. To say Joshua and Margret Gellar were strict was an understatement. The fact that they even let Ollie out of the house was a shock. Usually, they checked and double checked to make sure her homework was finished, her chores were done, and room tidy. That night, though, they didn't check any of it. They just let her go out with the excuse of studying.

"Where is she? Olivia Gellar?" Ollie heard her mother's strained voice from around the corner. She peeked around from where she sitting, to see her mother and father standing at the front desk. The woman at the desk, pointed to her and Ollie instantly turned around.

Her heart was racing at what felt like a million miles an hour. She felt like she was going to be sick. She already knew they were disappointed and couldn't bear to see them.

"Olivia." The seventeen year old lifted her brown eyes to meet her mother's identical ones. There it was. The disappointed look. Her father wore a similar expression.

"I-" Ollie started but her mother held up a hand to stop her.

"Let's go home."

The ride back to their house was eerily silent. Ollie couldn't stand it. They hadn't yelled or lectured or said anything at all. It was driving her insane to have them quiet. Usually, they wouldn't shut up long enough for her to even think properly. She knew that when they got home, it would be hell.

Once inside their home, Ollie was greeted by her ten year old brother, Alex. He smiled up at her like she was the greatest thing walk this earth. That grin faded once he saw the looks on his parent's and sister's faces.

"Alex, go to bed," Joshua said sternly, pointing towards the stairs.

"But it's only eight thirty!" the young boy protested but didn't continue when his father gave him a hard look. Alex raced up the stairs with one quick glance at his sister before disappearing.

"Sit, Olivia," her father instructed. Ollie did as she was told. She stated at her shoes, not wanting to look at her parents.

"What happened tonight is rather unsettling, Olivia." He paused, clearing his throat, trying to get her to meet his stare. When she didn't, he continued, "You lied to us and went to a party where there was underage drinking. This is not acceptable."

"You're lashing out, Olivia," Margret added. The therapist part of her was shining through. "We should have known it would happen sooner or later. We should have seen the signs. You're behavior has been getting out of control lately."

This caught Ollie's attention. "'Out of control?' What? How?"

"Your grades have been slipping, your chores aren't up to standard and you've been distant."

"One grade has slipped to an A- because the teacher entered a test grade wrong, my chores are just the same as usual and I've been distant because I've been filling out college applications. Nothing is wrong with me. I just wanted to have one night to be a teenager. I didn't even do anything at that party!" Ollie retorted, her blood now boiling. How dare her mother accuse her of 'lashing out.' It was one mistake and her parents were blowing everything out of proportion. Typical.

"Making excuses will get you nowhere," Joshua stated. Ollie rolled her eyes. "There is no need for any attitude right now, young lady. Your mother and I are just trying to help you."

"Help me? I don't need help! I'm just fine. This is ridiculous." The girl crossed her arms over her chest, in a huff.

Margret sighed at her daughter's outburst. "Olivia, we're sending to your grandparent's for the summer."

"In Colorado? But I need to get ready for Senior year. I need to get a job."

"Not my parent's house. Your father's."

Realization hit Ollie all too quickly. "In- in London?" At her mother's nod, she took a deep breath. Why was this happening to her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, welcome to my new story.(:
The ending sucks because I wanted to post this before I go to sleep. Sorry.
One Direction will more than likely be in the nexy chapter, and there will be a lot more explaination to everything, yayyyyy.
It would be wonderfully fantastic if you could comment, ya know, so I know what you think.
Here is a gif of Louis to persaude you to comment:
Image
Mmmmm, how could you not comment now?