Status: active

Just My Luck

if i could find a way to see this straight, i'd run away;

"Here we are!" Louis stated with a broad smile on his face. He pushed open the door. "Home, sweet home!" He held out his arm, gesturing for her to step inside. When she did, Ollie took a quick look around of the front hall. It seemed pretty neat by the looks of it.

"Come on, I'll show you to the guest room," Louis said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her down the hall. He stopped in every room along the way, telling her the basics of each: how the TVs worked, where the towels in the bathroom were, etc. When they finally reached the room Ollie would be staying in, Louis paused at the door and made a drum roll sound. The brunette girl raised an eyebrow at him.

What have I gotten myself into? she asked herself. Obviously from the start she could tell Louis was an odd one but it seemed more so when he was in the comfort of his own home. Maybe she should just turn back now while there was still time. She was sure she could outrun a boy with jeans tighter than her own. Though, at that moment, her pants were a bit uncomfortable due to the fact that they had finally dried after getting soaked in the rain.

"Ta-da!" the older boy nearly shouted as he pushed the door open.

Ollie hesitantly walked in. It was actually a cute little room. There was a nice neutral color scheme to it, which suited her quite nicely because Ollie wasn't into the extravagant stuff. It was simple, just the way she liked.

"It's great," she told Louis with a small smile. "Thank you. Again."

Louis gave her a charming grin. "Again, you are very welcome."

He began to leave the room so she could get comfortable but Ollie stopped him before he could.

"Um, Louis?" He turned back around, a questioning look on his face. "I, uh- I don't exactly have any extra clothes. My, um, luggage was lost at the airport. So, can I, erm... Um-"

"Ol, would like to borrow some clothes?" Louis eventually said, saving her from farther embarrassment. The smirk on his face told her that he was poking fun at her inability to form complete sentences.

"Why did you let me suffer for so long if you knew that's what I was asking?" Ollie asked in a bit of a huff. She crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes. How was she going to deal with this kid for two weeks if she was already getting annoyed with him?

"Your stammering was cute."

And then she was blushing. She coughed so she could cover her face to hide it. "Well, I would really appreciate it if you, you know, let be borrow some clothes. Er... Yea."

Louis laughed, obviously amused at her expense. He nodded then left the room.

Ollie was left to wonder to herself. When did she get so awkward around boys? Probably around middle school. That's about the time boys got comfortable with girls and actually started flirting. Ollie wasn't big on the whole dating thing when you're twelve. It didn't make sense to her. How could you actually date? It's not like you could go anywhere with them. Maybe the playground.

High school didn't get any better for her, though. Boys just got more obnoxious and less subtle about their intentions by fourteen. While most girls enjoyed the attention, Ollie was one of those girls who didn't. She was just fine with being friends. Amber always joked about how she friend-zoned every guy she's ever talked to. Amber was more than likely right.

The few guys Ollie has ever actually wanted to be more than friends with either moved away or didn't like her back. It was a bit pathetic but Ollie didn't let it get to her. She was worried more about school anyway.

"Here you go," Louis said as he walked back into the room. He handed her a pair of basketball shorts and a striped shirt. "Now, don't hurt that shirt; it's my favorite!"

Ollie chuckled and nodded. "I'll do my best. But thank you. I know this was a lot to ask from you. I mean, you've only known me for about a total of an hour. I wasn't thinking when I told my mother that I was staying with you, or rather Lou, the crazy cat woman."

"Honestly, Ol, it's not a big deal. What kind of person would I be if I just let a girl sleep on the streets in a country she isn't familiar with? I'd be an arse."

"But-"

"No, buts. You are perfectly welcome here," Louis stated with a smile. "Tomorrow night, you, me and the guys will go to dinner and get to know each other. Soon enough you'll be so comfortable that you'll be walking around here naked!"

Ollie could feel the heat rising to her cheeks again. Was he always so blunt about things? "I wouldn't be too sure about that."

"Oh, but I am!" He winked and left, again.

---------------------------------------

"Ollie, I am extremely jealous of you right now!" was the first thing Amber said when Ollie answered her call. Louis had left for the interview that Liam had mentioned earlier, twenty minutes ago. Ollie was sitting in the living room area, staring at the TV, not really watching what it was showing.

"Why's that?" Ollie asked.

"British boys! I bet there's tons of cute ones just strutting around, being attractive," Amber replied, as if it were obvious.

Ollie couldn't help but think of the boys of One Direction. They were all actually pretty cute in their own little ways. She couldn't really see why so many teenage girls flocked to their concerts (she had done a bit of research after Louis had left). Their massive fan base was extremely weird. She didn't know how girls could get so worked up over one little band.

"They're alright, I guess," Ollie stated, absently picking a string on the edge of the shorts Louis had given her.

"You 'guess?' Um, girl, I'm sure those boys are super sexy!"

Ollie shook her head at her friend's, well, girly-ness. Amber was a typical teenage girl. Any conversation she had would more than likely end up being about boys. Yes, occasionally, she and Ollie had some nice conversations that didn't have anything to do with boys. Most of the time, Amber had some sort of drama in her love life. Having little to no experience with boys, Ollie wasn't much help to her.

"So, have you met any of them? Cute boys, I mean," Amber asked, sounding a little too eager.

The other girl considered telling her best friend about everything that had happened. She wasn't so sure if Amber could keep a secret that big, especially not one involving the world's biggest boy band. Amber was a bit of a blabber mouth.

"No. Just a lovely woman named Lou."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not updating for a few days. my weekend was a bit crazy. by that i mean, it was the harry potter weekend on abc family. i'm a bit of crazy person when it comes to harry potter. you'll have to excuse me.
anyway, i feel a bit hypocritical sometimes when writing ollie's character because i am one of those crazy fangirls. opps. oh well.
so i love the song that i used as the chapter title. if you haven't heard it, i suggest you listen to it. both the young the giant version and the glee version. both are wonderful.
i let my little sister read this story the other day and she actually liked it. it was crazy because she never usually likes anything i do. so i was like freaking out because my little sister approved. like what even. i feel like i'm in some alternate universe.
anyway, you wonderful people should comment. nialler wants you too.
Image
how could you deny that adorable face?
well, i love you guys. in a totally not creepy way. i promise.
comments bring faster updates, just saying
{chapter title credit: cough syrup by young the giant/ glee cast}