Status: active

Just My Luck

i'm hanging on a moment of truth;

"Hi, Mom," Ollie said, putting her story on hold for a moment. She gave Kate an apologetic look. The older woman simply shrugged and smiled.

"Hello, dear. Did you get to the airport alright?" Margret asked, in turn.

"Yes. I don't board for another hour and a half, though."

"Okay. I was just making sure you're alright," her mother replied. "Are you alright?"

Ollie paused and thought. The question sounded like it had a double meaning. She knew her mother more than likely meant whether she was alright at that moment, rather than how she was actually feeling. She wanted to break down and tell her mother everything but she couldn't.

"I'm fine, Mom."

The two said their goodbyes and Ollie turned back to Kate, who was now holding out a coffee to her. The younger girl gratefully took it with a 'Thank you.'

"Well, continue," Kate insisted.

-------

"She's sleeping," Ollie heard someone say.

"Thank you for pointing that out, Haz," someone else replied, sarcastically.

"Should we wake her, then?"

Ollie was well aware that whoever it was, they were talking about her. She didn't know when she fell asleep. The last thing she remembered was watching some show she had no clue what was happening in. It was some British comedy she had never even heard of, so her interest in it was limited.

"Ollie-Kins. Wake up, love," the other person said, gently shaking her shoulder.

Ollie groaned and rubbed her eyes. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open and she saw Louis kneeling by her. Next to him, Harry was standing, clad in only a pair of boxers.

"Oh, God. What am I doing here?" she mumbled to herself, closing her eyes once more. She wanted to wipe her memory of Harry half-naked from her mind. That was not what she wanted to see when she woke up.

"Well, you're sleeping," Louis replied.

"Shush," Ollie said. She sat up and looked at them. "What time is it? Why aren't you wearing clothes?"

Harry and Louis both chuckled. Harry was the one to reply. "It's about two in the morning. And you're lucky I'm wearing what I am."

"It's true," Louis added. "He hardly ever wears clothes around the house."

"I thought I'd be nice and at least cover up my man parts since there's a lady here. You're welcome."

"Oh, well thank you for your consideration," Ollie stated, sarcastically. "Why are you two up?"

"We just got back. We usually watch Friends for an hour or two before going to bed," Louis answered.

Ollie nodded her understanding. She stood up. "I'll leave you to it, then. Goodnight."

"G'night," Harry said, sitting where she previously had been.

"Goodnight, Ollie-Kins." Louis smirked at her and then sat next to Harry. It seemed she had a new, and rather irritating, nickname.

Some part of Ollie was hoping that when she woke up it would all turn out to be a dream. Like nothing had ever happened. Like she hadn't gone to that party and been caught. Like she hadn't been shipped off to London for being 'out of control.' Like she hadn't met international superstars One Direction and wasn't currently staying with two of them. She wished her life would have gone back to normal. Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy. That's how her life was now and she was just going to have to deal with it.

-------

“Morning, Sleepy-Head,” Louis greeted Ollie when she stumbled into the kitchen the next morning. She only snorted in reply and took the seat next to him at the table in the center of the room. “Breakfast?” Louis held up a box of Special K cereal.

“I’m good, thanks,” Ollie answered, just as Harry entered the room. Again, he was only in his underwear. The sight made the younger girl cringe. It made her feel uncomfortable and she knew that he could tell just by the smirk that graced his lips. “Could you, you know, put on some clothes?”

Harry shook his head, his curls flying around a little. “No can do. This is my home, you know.”

Ollie took a deep breath and glared at him. They stared at each other for a few moments before Louis cleared his throat and spoke up.

“So, Ol, I had Lou bring you a few things for you to wear until you get your luggage back,” he said.

“Lou? As in ‘the cat lady?’” Ollie asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Oh, no. A totally different Lou. She’s our stylist.”

“’Cat lady?’ What are you two going on about?” Harry questioned, looking confused. Both Louis and Ollie had forgotten that he hadn’t been around for that. Louis was the first to speak up. He told Harry all that had happened when Ollie asked for a place to stay the day before. When he had finished, the curly haired boy didn’t look any less confused than he did before. Instead, he shook his head and stood. “You two are weird. I’m leaving.”

After he left, Louis and Ollie looked at each other. The older boy chuckled at his friend’s abrupt departure and Ollie sighed. She knew she would forever be wondering what she was thinking by staying with those two. They were both obviously a lot more outgoing than she will ever be. She knew at some point during this stay, their personalities were going to clash; breakfast was an obvious showing of that.

Ollie could tell right away that she and Harry weren’t going to be the best of friends. She didn’t know if he even approved of her staying. He was probably only going along with it because Louis was his best friend. Not that she cared if he approved or not, she didn’t like him, either. He was cocky and probably thought he was the most charming thing to walk this earth. They had only spoken to each other three times, literally, and she knew that. It was evident when they first met and he tried flirting with her. He was probably butt-hurt that she didn’t fall for his charms.

“You know,” Louis stated, bringing her out of her thoughts. “I think you and Harry will be great friends.”

Ollie snorted. “You’re kidding, right? Did you just miss that whole exchange?”

“So, he’s not exactly keen on the idea of you staying here. He feels like he won’t be able to be his normal self with you around. I told him that you won’t care how he acts around you.”

“Except when he’s being a jerk,” Ollie countered. “Then, I do care.” With that she stood from the table and walked back to the guest room.

In the room she found, sitting on the arm chair was a pile of clothes. Seeing them, she felt bad for being grumpy with Louis. He had been nothing but helpful to her. She already owed him so much for just picking her up off the side of the road. She knew that she would be eternally grateful for Louis Tomlinson.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah, hello!
as you can see, i changed the layout a bit. not too different but i like this a little better. thoughts?
i'd like to take a moment to say thank you to all of you wonderful people for reading, subscribing, commenting and to that one person who recommended this story (not sure who it was but thank you!). you are all terribly amazing.
sigh, i am not a big fan of this chapter.
in other news, school is over so updates should come faster (comments would also help, but no pressure).
anyway, i hoped you enjoyed the chapter. comment what you thought of it. and if you liked it, subscribe if you want. if you need a little convincing, here's a louis gif to help you:
Image
idk, he's adorable, okay?
{chapter title credit: edge of glory by lady gaga}