Status: active

Just My Luck

i've never heard silence quite this loud;

"In all honesty, I would have acted the same way with that boy; superstar or not," the older woman insisted. "Don't feel bad." 

"I still do. You'll find out why soon enough," Ollie replied, leaning back in her chair. She wasn't even to the good part yet. 

-----

"You ready, Ol?" Louis asked, tapping lightly at her door. 

"One second," Ollie called back to him. She turned her attention back to the mirror that hung above the dresser. She was wearing a tight black dress borrowed from Lou (the stylist not old lady). She was never one to wear dresses but it was the fanciest thing that Lou had brought. Her makeup was minimal as per usual and her hair was in a simple up-do. 

Louis had told her virtually nothing about where they were dining that night, just to be ready by seven. Ollie assumed that since they were these huge celebrities it would be somewhere super elegant. It made her nervous not knowing if she was overdressed or underdressed. Didn't most celebrities go to fancy restaurants? Ollie wouldn't know, though. Her year-round packed schedule never gave her time to catch up on pop culture. She really had no interest in any of that either. 

There was more knocking and Harry's voice came out muffled through the door.

"Come on, Princess! We're going to be late."

Ollie rolled her eyes. In the past few hours, Harry had taken to calling her 'Ice Princess,' 'Princess,' or her personal favorite 'The Queen of Frost.' She overheard him telling Louis it was due to her icy attitude. He thought that she was rude and kind of a bitch. He barely knew her and he could already tell this about her. She gave him props, though, since more than half the people she had gone to school with for most of her life still didn't know this. 

"Shut it, Curly-Q," she replied, as she pulled the door open and grabbed a light jacket. Harry looked just as dressed up as she did, so her mind was put at ease. Louis was standing behind him, his hands in his pockets, also looking quite dapper. They both stared at her for a moment before she cleared her throat. "Well? Are we going?"

"Oh, yes, we are!" Louis nearly shouted. 

Did he always talk so loud? 

-----

Once the three of them arrived at the restaurant, they were greeted by the other members of One Direction. There was a crowd of paparazzi outside the front of the restaurant but luckily, security was able to sneak them in through a backdoor. Ollie was extremely thankful for this because she was definitely not ready to be linked with these boys she hardly knew. She knew that if the paparazzi got even one picture of her with one of the boys, the media would go crazy. 

The same thing happened with the Jonas Brothers. 

After they all sat down at a table that was near the back and slightly secluded, they all ordered their drinks and food. The table went awkwardly silent as they waited for the waiter to come back with their drinks. 

"So," Liam said, breaking the silence. "Ollie. You've really never heard of us?"

Ollie sighed, thankful that someone finally spoke. The boys were a little crazy but she would rather them talk her ear off than not speak at all. "Other than that iCarly episode, no. I mean, I looked you guys up on the Internet yesterday and learned a little bit about you. I figured I should, considering... You know. Anyway, as it turns out, I had heard your song before that episode. My friend is obsessed with it."

"What do you think of it?" Niall asked.

"Um, honestly?" He nodded. "It's... Catchy." 

"So you liked it?" 

Ollie paused. "The plague is catchy, that doesn't make it good. It wasn't terrible, just not my type of music. No offense."

Niall smiled at her which brought her a bit of relief. "No big deal. Not everyone will like us. It's fine."

"What type of music do you like, then?" Louis questioned. 

"Um, The Summer Set, Hot Chelle Rae, Boys Like Girls, Taylor Swift, stuff like that."

The questions went like this for a few minutes. Ollie felt some sort of  deja vu, her mind floating back to when they bombarded her with questions in the SUV. They weren't tough questions. They were simple enough that her one word answers sufficed. Until Harry decided to speak up. 

"What's your story, Frosty?" he asked, sipping his drink. His green eyes met her brown ones from across the table. Ollie instinctively shot him a glare. "Why are you here?"

"'Frosty.' That's a new one," she replied.

"Dodging the question, then?" He quirked an eyebrow and smirk.

"Not dodging, just stating a fact." She sighed and shook her head. "It's not some dramatic story, like Degrassi or Glee or anything. I mean, I, of course, made it dramatic but I'm a teenager, I deserve some angst. I went to one stupid party, got caught, my parents freaked out, and sent me here for my 'bad behavior.' End of story."

"Are your parents strict?" Niall asked, in turn. 

"You have no idea," she answered, rolling her eyes. "I didn't even drink at that party and they swore I was 'wild.' I didn't even want to be there but my friend dragged me. Peer pressure at it's finest. Anyway, my parents have this 'plan' for me. Going to parties was not part of that plan. So, to regain their control of my life, I suppose, they sent me here."

"What kind of 'plan?'" Louis asked, using air quotes around the word 'plan.' 

"Graduate high school as valedictorian, go to Harvard, become a doctor, lawyer, rocket scientist, I don't know. They don't really let me in on my career. Or on any part of my life for that matter." Ollie let out a sigh at the end. She never realized how sad that actually sounded until she actually said it. It was always just something she was used to. Something she never gave a second thought about. It was routine to her. 

"Anyway," she said, shaking her head. "Enough of my boring life. Tell me about yourselves, okay?"

-----

Fortunately the rest of the night went well (though Harry kept mumbling meaningless insults at Ollie every time she said something). She had learned quite a bit about them. Once they had eaten dinner, the boys thought it would be a good idea for them to go out front to greet the mass crowd of fans that had congregated outside the front of the restaurant. A few bodyguards led them out, while one of them took Ollie out through the backdoor, again and into the car. 

When Harry and Louis were in the SUV, the other three boys stopped at the door to tell Ollie their goodbyes before heading off to their own vehicles. During the ride back to the apartment, Louis and Harry chatted to themselves as Ollie stared out the window. She was all talked out. 

At the apartment, Ollie went straight back to the guest room and collapsed onto the bed. The boys wore her out. She changed into pajamas and sat back on the edge of the bed, contemplating if she wanted to sleep or not. Before she could even decide, there was a knock on the door. She let a frustrated groan and got up to open it. She figured it was Harry, there to annoy her. 

"I swear, Curly, if you're here to insult me I'll-" But it wasn't him. Instead, she was greeted by Louis' smiling face. 

"Just me," he said, defensively holding up his hands. "Just wanted to know if you'd like to watch a movie with us. Harry and I-"

"I don't think Harry would want me cutting into your precious Larry Stylinson time. Besides, he doesn't like me. None of us would have fun," Ollie replied, crossing her arms over her chest. She couldn't believe that she just mentioned his bromance with his best friend. She read all about it online and hadn't quite acknowledged that she knew about it. 

"He just doesn't like that you don't like him. He's not used to it. People always automatically like Harry. He's the charmer. He'll come around," the older boy stated. He smiled and added, "As for Larry, Harry'll just have to live. He's clingy and it's suffocating."

Ollie snorted and shook her head. "You're something, you know?"

"I know." He smiled, widely down at her. 

"Alright, Lou, I'll watch a movie with you," she said, chuckling. Louis let out a yell and tackled her in a hug.

"Yay!" he yelled. "Ollie-Kins! This is exciting. We're watching Mean Girls. Let's go!"

He dragged her into the living and sat her in between himself and Harry. The curly-haired boy shifted, uncomfortably and he moved closer to the end of the couch. He and Ollie both crossed their arms and sighed. The room was oddly silent. It was especially odd since Louis was in the room. Luckily, he was also someone who couldn't handle silence, so he spoke up. 

"This is nice!" he stated, cheerily. "Just a few new friends, all getting comfortable with each other. We should document this moment! We can tell our grandchildren about it one day!" He pulled out his phone, swiftly and aimed it at the two of them. 

"No!" they replied at the same time. Louis put on a mock-sad face and pretended to cry. Harry and Ollie looked at each other.

"Lou, by the time we have grandchildren, cell phones will be so long gone and we won't have the pictures anymore, so what's the point?" the younger girl asked.

Louis seemed to think about this for a moment. "You're right, Ollie-Pop! We'll have our memories and each other to keep these moments alive!"

Ollie furrowed her eyebrows at him. "Ollie-Pop? Wha-"

"Sh, sh, sh," he hushed, putting his finger to her lips. He then put his arm around her shoulders. "We'll be best friends forever. I promise!"

"Louis, I'm leaving at the end of summer. We won't ever see each other aga-"

"FOREVER! Ollie-Kins, you're already apart of our friendship circle, whether you know it or not. There's no getting out now. The other boys love you."

"They don't even know me! You don't know me!" Ollie said, standing. "Why are you so quick to decide whether or not we'll be friends forever? What if I don't want to be friends with you guys, huh? This is crazy! I've been here two days and you're already planning out our future. You know-"

"Hey!" Harry shouted at her. "Why don't you calm down? Louis's a friendly lad; that's how he is. Don't yell at him because you've got some messed up life back home, alright? Believe it or not, Princess, not everyone is a complete prick to others. Some people actually try."

Ollie stared at Harry. She had not seen his outburst (or her own, for that matter) coming. How dare he say she had a 'messed up life?' He had no right to be judging her. Sure, her yelling was uncalled for and she really hadn't meant to do it but he had no place to be speaking to her like he was. 

Before she could retort, the curly-haired boy stormed from the room, quickly. A second later, she faintly heard a door slam close. She looked to Louis, who was staring at the ground. 

"Lou, I'm sorry! I didn't-"

"It's fine, Ollie," he replied, quietly, as he stood. "You know, I'm not really up for a movie anymore. I'm going to go to bed."

She watched as he left, too. He had called her Ollie. In the two days they had known each other, he had never once called her by her actual name. She somehow knew, she had seriously messed up. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Sadly, there is no gif for this chapter because I'm on my iPod so I can't get the link. :(
Anyway, this the longest chapter I've written so far! Wooo!
Bit dramatic, right? Yep.
Okay, so I'm letting you all know now, this fanfic won't be very long; only about fifteen chapters. But there will be a sequel! Yay!
Sooooooo,
Comment, subscribe, be awesome, idk. Whatever you want. I like comments though. But whatever. (: Kay, you guys are the coolest.

{chapter title credit: story of us by Taylor Swift}