Status: active

Just My Luck

same old tired game;

The next three days passed in silence. Ollie hid in the guest room most of the time those days. She only left the room when she knew Harry and Louis were gone (she was lucky that there was a bathroom attached to the guest room or else she would have been in trouble). She disappeared again when they returned. It was easy to figure out their schedule, so she always knew they would be back. There was never any chance of accidently walking out when they were there.

Of course, she wanted to apologize to them (or at least, Louis). She felt bad for snapping at him but avoiding him was a whole lot easier, though. She couldn't bring herself to face him. Luckily for her, the boys had busy celebrity lives that they had to attend to and she didn't have to face him, yet.

On the fourth day of Operation: Avoid Harry and Louis at All Costs, she snuck out of the room and into the kitchen. She was starving. In the fridge, she found a huge supply of carrots. There were bags upon bags of them. Before she could even begin to wonder as to why they had so many, her cell phone rang. Without checking the caller I.D., she clicked the answer button.

"Hello?" she asked, balancing the phone between her shoulder and her ear. Ollie continued to rummage through the refrigerator as she waited for the caller to speak.

"Olivia Faith Gellar! I can't believe you, you bitch!" the person on the other lined replied. There was a hint of amusement in his voice that was obvious. What a greeting.

This caught Ollie off guard, as she dropped the carrots on the ground and nearly her phone. "Um, excuse me? Who is this?"

The person, obviously male, scoffed. "Already forgotten me, dear? It's been, what, a year, almost two? And I thought what we had was special. I'm only your best friend."

"Sorry, I have no idea."

"You wound me, Ol. It's like Katniss shot an arrow through my heart. Or Hawkeye. Either way, it's painful. I am need medical attention."

That's when it clicked; the over-dramatic and sarcastic comments were what did it. There was no mistaking who it was. Carter Reed. A boy who Ollie had known for a a big part of her middle school and high school career. He was the step-son of a widely known fashion designer from upstate New York. His father was also well known for his work in photography. No one was every quite sure why his parents would send Carter and his step-brother, Tyler, to some little public school in a small town miles from New York City. Ollie had met his parents once and asked him this exact question. Mr. Reed explained that he didn't want their children to think too highly of themselves just because they grew up in a life of luxury and ease. This immediately earned Carter's parents respect from Ollie.

In their sophmore year of high school, Carter and his family moved to London. Ollie, honestly, wasn't surprised. She was more surprised that it hadn't happened sooner. His parents were always making frequent trips over the pond for business. Yes, she was upset that she was losing someone she had been inseparable from for five years but she understood. She still had Amber, who she wasn't as close to as she was to Carter in the those proceeding years but she learned that she could talk to her just as she could to Carter. Granted, Amber was very judgmental and didn't always have the best advice for her a lot of the time, she was still the only person Ollie had and she was just fine.

"I am so sorry, Car. It's been so long." She added, quickly, "I've had a bad week."

"Well, I'm about to change that. I'm coming over. Where are you?" Carter asked, wasting no time at all.

"How did you know I was in London?" Ollie asked in turn. It wasn't like she went around bragging about her little trip on any social networking sites.

"Amber-"

"Of course she did." Amber definitely would though. Along with being judgmental and a bad influence, she was also a bad gossiper.

"Anyway, where are you staying? I know some random strangers. Amber sent me a message all about it."

"Um, I don't know if coming to where I'm staying is a good idea. I'll come to yours. Can you send a cab or something? I'm a little bit broke at the moment," Ollie replied, hoping to leave that subject alone until she saw Carter in person. That's not something you talk about over the phone.

----

"What do you mean you're staying with two-fifths of One Direction?" Carter asked, loudly, his voice squeaking slightly. Apparently, he was a fan.

"I think you basically explained it in that sentence." Ollie sighed, sitting back on his expensive looking leather couch. The Reed's house was quite frightening to step into. Everything looked so expensive and highly breakable. Ollie felt the need to be very cautious of every move she made, always thinking she would knock over some thousand dollar lap imported from Italy. Despite being a very down to earth family, Mrs. Reed was all about looking fabulous. So the style of the home was no surprise.

"But how? This sounds like some cheesy Lifetime movie. Girl meets famous boy band after a trail of bad luck then falls in love with one of them and eventually riding off into the sunset."

"That second part is never happening, but I guess it kind of does. I really have no idea, though."

Carter thought for a moment before speaking again. "You don't really think this is all bad luck do you?"

Ollie gave him a weird look. "What else could it be? Luck has everything do with this and in my case, it's the bad kind."

Her friend gave a chuckle and shook his head. "Still the same old Ollie. Always blaming everything on luck. Ever heard of these things called 'fate' or 'destiny?'"

"You think I was supposed to have a bunch of bad things happen to me? That I was supposed to meet Louis and Harry and the rest of the boys? Why does that make sense?"

"Only time will tell, my friend. It's not something I can explain or even know why these things happened. Maybe they happened to you to help you better yourself. Maybe you need to learn something. Fate's a tricky thing." Ollie rolled her eyes at his vague answer. "What's your theory, then?"

"Well, luck happens when you think positively, right?" She didn't wait for him to answer, just continued on. "Right. Obviously, luck's just not on my side. Besides, these were just random occurrences. Fate's got nothing to do with it. Nothing will come out of this random bout of bad luck. I'll be out of their lives within the week. Unless, my certain friend would like to let me stay with him."

"Oh no," Carter protested, "I'm not getting in the way of fate. You're staying with Larry Stylinson. Obviously, there's a reason you're there and you're going to stick around to find out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is awkward. I haven't updated in over a month. I'm a terrible person. I would totally understand if no one continued to read this. But the good news is, I'm back! Yay! Maybe? I don't know. I get really discouraged while writing, I don't know why. Luckily, my little sister (who, for some reason, reads this story) has been bugging me to update. So, if you're happy, thank her!
(She has an account on here but won't disclose to me what it is. Loser.)
If this makes up for anything, I was in California for a week on a mission trip and was super busy getting ready for it almost all of July. And now I'm in my last year of high school, which is frightening.

To make up for my absence, I have GIFs for you! Yay!
Image
Image
And an Emma Watson GIF just for the heck of it.
Image

And holy crap, did I mention that there was ten comments on the last chapter. TEN! Seriously, thank you to everyone who did comment and subscribe and recommend! It means so much to me! Honestly, it does. Anyway, thanks to everyone and sorry for my lateness. And sorry for the ugly layout. I regret my decision of making a new banner and changing it.

P.S. This is Carter because I love Chris Colfer and this gif really embodies Carter:
Image

~also lol at the bad carrot joke because i'm sure louis still receives them on a regular basis but probably never keeps them~

P.P.S. i don't have a lot of knowledge on the belief in luck so i just went with my little knowledge on it. i know that it's a chance happening, something not planned or really explained. and i'm not going to claim i know. so yea.

{chapter title credit: perfect by pink}