Status: active

Just My Luck

shatter every window 'till it's all blown away;

"You're sure I can't stay with you?" Ollie asked, hopefully, as she and Carter sat in his car outside the complex where Harry and Louis' apartment was located. She had somehow managed to put off going back to the apartment until nearly midnight by insisting that the two go to dinner to catch up on the two years they hadn't seen each other. Carter was okay with letting this slide, agreeing that they needed to spend time together, but when she was contemplating sampling every kind of dessert that the restaurant had to offer, he knew she was stalling.

"Positive, dear." He then laughed at her pouty expression. "Would you like me to walk you in to make sure the mean boy band members won't hurt you?"

Ollie shot him a glare. "I know you're mocking me but yes, I would like that."

Once they were at the front door of the apartment, Ollie hesitated before knocking, regretting never asking for a spare key. If things weren't already awkward enough. Before she lifted her hand to the door, she turned to Carter and said quickly, "No fangirling, please."

Her friend's face faltered for a moment before he gave a sarcastic laugh. "What kind of boy do you take me for? I keep all my fangirling on the inside."

"Right," Ollie breathed out through her chuckling. After a moment of getting all her giggles out, she finally had enough courage to knock on the door. The moment her knuckles collided with the wood, she flinched back, expecting the worse. Instead, she was greeted by the smiling face of Louis.

"Oh, Olivia," he said, his eyes darting between Ollie and Carter. "Didn't know you were even gone."

He was still calling her by her actual name instead of the nicknames she had found annoying but endearing. He was still upset with her.

"Left while you were out," she replied, flashing him a quick smile, in hopes of softening him up. "Sorry."

"Oh, it's alright." He turned away from her and walked back toward the living room area. Olivia let out a quiet groan and looked towards Carter. He responded by pushing her into the apartment and encouraging her to talk to him.

"Um, Lou," she called, stumbling from Carter's light shove. Louis looked back at her, eyebrows raised. She cleared her throat and glanced at her friend. Carter waved his hand, telling her to continue. "I, uh, I'm sorry for what I said to you the other day. I didn't mean any of those things I said and-"

Louis held up his hand to stop her. Ollie shut her mouth quickly. "You really think I'm still upset with you over that? What you said was nothing compared to what's been said to me in the past. Yea, it hurt because I was only trying to make you feel welcome but I got over it the next day. I've been wanting to talk to you been you've been holed up in your room so I gave you your space."

Ollie was shocked by what Louis had just said to her. Had she really just spent four days thinking he hated her, when all along he was just waiting for her to talk to him?

"I know I can be overbearing at times, Ol. I guess it's something you'll have to adjust to," Louis added, with a smile.

Without any thought or hesitation, Ollie stepped forward and pulled him into a hug. It took him a moment to respond but when he did, he hugged her back tightly. The girl faintly heard Carter let out a quiet, "Aw," but chose to ignore him. After a few more seconds of embracing, they pulled apart.

"Well, now that that's all handled; I'm Carter," her best friend said, breaking through the silence. He held his hand out to the other boy. "Ollie's best friend, future designer, and all around fantastic." Louis chuckled and shook Carter's hand.

"He forgot 'modest,'" Ollie chimed in, laughing along with them.

"Oh, yes! I always forget that one!"

Louis shook his head at the two of them. He could already tell how close the two were just by the way Ollie played along. It was odd to see her so relaxed but at the same time it made him happy to know that there was more to her than just a moody teenage girl. He only hoped that soon she would be that comfortable with him and the other boys. She was someone he really didn't want to lose all contact with after she left. Which brought to mind something that he had been worrying about.

"Have you spoken to Harry, yet?" he asked as Carter nudged Ollie with his shoulder.

Ollie paused and looked at him. "Oh, should I?"

"Yea, he's been grumpy lately. I mean, I don't think it was entirely because of you, but talking to him might help."

"Um, alright. I'll, uh, talk to him, I guess," she stammered. "Where is he?"

Louis nodded his head towards the living area. "Watching TV with my girlfriend, Eleanor. I'll send him in here. You're welcome to join us, Carter."

"Don't mind if I do!"

The two boys disappeared out of the front hall. Ollie nervously thought about what she would say to Harry. Should she apologize? It wasn't him she had insulted was it? She didn't have long to think things over because the curly-haired boy walked around the corner and stood in front of her. He looked at her, waiting for her to speak.

"So, um, I'm sorry," she started, trying to find words. She was never very eloquent when it came to speaking in person. She could write a powerful essay that knocked your socks off but if you asked her to give a speech, she blanked. She would forget simple vocabulary and would fill her awkward pauses with "um's," and "you know's." "For, you know, treating you the way I have been. You and Louis didn't deserve my outburst."

"I know," he said, emotionless. He stared at her, not conveying at all how he was feeling.

"You know? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means, you've been a real bitch, Princess," Harry replied, rolling his eyes.

"You're kidding me right?" Ollie's nerves had subsided, being quickly replaced with anger. "You've been nothing but an asshole to me since I got here. Not to mention a pervy douche-bag."

"'Pervy douche-bag?'" he repeated, raising his eyebrows. "How so?"

"Oh, don't act innocent. I head you whisper to Louis that you thought I was 'totally bangable' to Louis that day in the SUV. I'm not oblivious. I was sitting right next to Louis. You're not discrete, Curly," Ollie said, raising her voice slightly. She didn't really care if the others heard them arguing. She was angry and had never really been good at controlling her temper.

Harry huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. "You're not doing a very good job at apologizing."

"I don't care anymore. I couldn't care less."

"You're making it really hard for me to see this 'good person' that Louis has been going on about. He apparently saw it the day you met, but I've yet to see it. All I see is a stuck-up bitch."

Ollie let out a sarcastic laugh. "Oh wow, like I care what you have to say about me. News flash, I don't. Let me make something clear to you, Pop Star: I don't care what you think."

"Well, you should, because, Sweetheart, I'm right. You're just too stubborn to see it. You act all high and mighty, like you're better than anyone when obviously, you're not. Besides, I don't need you to care what I have to think. I've got plenty of people that already do."

If she wasn't so against violence solving problems, she would have slapped him right then and there. Their argument had escalated into something she had not been anticipating. This was far beyond a little bit of banter. She was quickly realizing there was far more to Harry than he let on. "You think you're so great, don't you?" She didn't bother waiting for an answer. "Don't even try to deny it. You think that because you're some huge celebrity, you automatically have millions of people wanting to hear every word you've got to say. Well, I don't. In fact, I would love it if I never heard another word you said."

"That can be arranged, Princess," Harry replied, narrowing his eyes, looking down on her. He towered over her; her chin barely reached the middle of his chest. If she hadn't been so furious she might have felt intimidated by this. "Maybe, it would be best if we didn't associate with each other."

"Fine by me."

"Fantastic."
♠ ♠ ♠
can we just take a moment to admire the way harry just stares into your soul in the new layout gif? can we just do that? omfg. like stop it.
i think i unintentionally quoted that tyler oakley video where he talks about one direction.
a link if you haven't seen it bc tyler oakley is flawless, okay?
you guys should comment some of your favorite One Direction fanfictions, i need new stories to read. :D
everyone seems to have their sassy pants on in this chapter.
Image
Image
i couldn't upload any of my sassy harry gifs to the website i use to put my gifs on here so instead i have a sassy niall gif to convey my frustrations.
Image
comment some sassy gifs, too. i like gifs.
Thank you to everyone commenting, recommending, and subscribing! (:
my tumblr
{chapter title credit: blown away by carrie underwood}