Status: I ***ed up. It's on hold for now, in the mean time, read the PREQUEL entitled, "The Reckless and The Brave". I'll fix this after it's finished!

Take a Breath, Don't It Sound So Easy?

Was it real?

The next day was another venue, another town, another show, but Jasey's heart said otherwise. She continuously told herself that it was a here-and-now-in-the-moment type thing. Alex was her best friend, nothing more, nothing less. She didn't feel anything for him. Right?

Alex turned over last night in his mind. Jasey just jumped into his arms and kissed him like he's never been kissed before. They both felt so happy, he could feel that! He swore it was something more than something that happened in a split second decision.

Jasey had been tossing and turning all night after that. She felt so horrible and awkward for avoiding Alex like that after she kissed him, but there was just too much to think about. Too much to consider. "I mean really," Jasey thought to herself, "Alex is the lead singer of a fast-growing band. He can have ANYBODY he wants, but he's writing songs about me? Too good to be true. I love this kid, but I don't trust him with my heart. No way no how. No more romantic antics with Alex."

She rolled out of her bunk and padded over to the bus bathroom. Untangling her hair, she winced. Her long dyed orange and gold locks were extremely prone to knots. After the deed was done, she went back to her bunk to grab some clothes for the day, when she ran smack into him.

"Alex you scared the shit out of me." Jasey whispered fiercely, still not trying to wake anyone else up. She grabbed her phone to check the time. 6 am! What the fuck was she doing up at 6?!

"I'm sorry..." Alex trailed off quietly but still didn't move. He felt petrified, staring into those beautiful blue-green eyes, bright with alarm. She had always been so goddamn beautiful in the mornings. Her hair was still just a bit messy, though.

Alex brushed a bit of hair from her eyes, not doing anything to help Jasey's already completely fucked up feelings. "What are you doing?" She asked a little more harshly than she intended.

"Sorry, I was just headed to the shower...did you need the bathroom?" He asks.

Jasey was trying her best to resist those all consuming beautiful brown eyes. His hair was the perfect amount of messy, and the slight hint of stubble on his jaw was incredibly attractive. She stared at his lips and answered, "Yeah, I need to change since you take thirty years to shower." She said bluntly, but still staring at those perfect, soft lips. She imagined him on stage once again, singing his angelic voice just to her. Jasey felt her heartrate spike, and she quickly tried to get herself together.

Alex sat down on her bunk to wait. He began picking at a torn seam on his towel, but got distracted by a piece of paper sticking out from under her pillow. Not exactly intending to be nosy, he went to read a bit of it, but got so consumed he read it all. She was writing stories again. Jasey was always good at that. She made the most simple of things seem absolutely beautiful.

The bathroom door begins to open and Alex tries to quickly and quietly put the paper back where it belonged. "It's all yours." Jasey says breezily as she brushes by Alex. Their skin connects for a split second and his hair stood on end.

"Sorry." They say simulatenously. Just looking at eachother, they seem stuck in the image of eachother, fascinated, as if seeing eachother through brand new eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe ;3