Fallen Angel's

Part Two

Miracle looked up, with her bright blue eyes and gold-like-blonde hair shining in the light let in from the window and then quietly stood up.

She quickly glanced around the room, when suddenly a girl ran in.

“Sorry I’m late, Mr. Walker.” The girl smiled, as her bright pink hair sparkled when she ran in.

“No problems, Miss. Cassia Elm, Just get to your seat, and don’t be late again, or I’ll have to write you up.”

“No problems.” The girl went to her seat and sat in front of Mira.

“Go on Miracle?” Mr. Walker instructed her.

Mira nodded, “I’m Mira…Miracle Chandler.” She said quietly, “And I’m a witch…. I guess.” She blushed, because she was embarrassed to speak in public – she was afraid everyone would think of her as a child. “I can show you… If you like….” Mira closed her eyes to focus and muttered something that wasn’t in English and then people were in the school’s courtyard.

All Mira did was transport them, it was a pretty easy spell to cast.

“Miracle, take us back to the classroom.” Mr. Walker instructed.

Mira nodded and everyone was back in class.

“Thank you.” Mr. Walker said, “Who wants to go next? How about you… Cassia Elm?” He asked.

Mira sat back in her seat and silently watched, Cassia.

“Hello, everyone.” She turned around in a circle, smiling. “I’m Cassia Elm. I can control elements and make them, such as I can make and control; fire.” She took her hand and demonstrated a simple fireball she held in her fist, and then when Mr. Walker asked that she'd put it out, she put it out and then she took her seat.

“Alrighty then, now who wants to go next...? How about you… Roman Sanders… I’d ask you, Nikia but it’s pretty obvious you’re a shape shifter.” Mr. Walker pointed out.

Nikia smiled, "Oh Mr. Walker, you must ruin the surprise now don't you? But yes, that is what I am... I can be anyone and anything... It's a gift..." She smiled, looking to Roman as he stood.

Being used to public speaking he just smiled. "Hi everyone, my name is Roman Sanders, as Mr. Walker has already pointed out. I work with element's, like Cassia, except I can control water and create water." He held his hand palm down and clear water began to drip from his finger tips. "Also I can control the water itself." Slowly the water stopped it's decent right before it hit the tiled floor and it gathered all together and floated back up and began to crystallize into a solid ball of ice. Placing the sphere into his hand it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

He sat down and the other students around the room introduced themselves. Once the room was finished Mr. Walker grabbed his clip board and read from it. "Okay everyone now we are going to do a group exercise. This class is about helping you develop your powers, and everyone has something that they would like to improve on. I'm going to group you in groups of four and I want you to tell your partners one thing you would like to improve on the first quarter of this class." he looked over his paper slowly. "Okay in group one I have Roman, Miracle, Cassia, and of course Miss Nikia.... you can sit anywhere in the room you would like or out in the courtyard."

In unison they all got up and walked out to the courtyard where they sat in the grass staring at each other. Nikia sighed, "Okay I guess I'll start this tea party. If I could improve on anything, it would be duration time. Other than this form which I believe is what I really look like... Right now I can only be someone else for a little over 24 hours before I pass out from exhaustion." Nikia finished talking and looked at Roman, "Your turn babe."

Roman kissed Nikia, as she sat in his lap. "Well," he began, "If I could improve anything, it would be controlling large bodies of water such as Lakes... So far I'm kinda stuck with ponds...Also would be putting out forest fires... Those things are horrible." He says, looking at Cassia.

Cassia giggled and smiled brightly when Roman said that, as Mira quietly drew in her sketchpad. “I don’t start those fires; and I’d like to be able to control them and put them to a stop. Because I like nature, too, water boy.” She slammed at Roman, and then looked to Miracle and poked her because she seemed so oblivious.

Mira looked up, “What?” She blushed.

“You’re supposed to say something you want to improve on.” Cassia said, before Nikia could say anything rude – Cassia knew Nikia from a previous school they went to together, so she knew what Nikia was like.

“Oh... Sorry.” Mira smiled, “I’m pretty much an airhead...” She bit her lower lip. “I’d like to improve... Um... to learn new spells...”

“Very good,” Cassia said, patting Mira on the back, as she went back to focusing on her sketchpad. “So, Nikia, do you have any idea what the heck we’re supposed to do now?” Cassia glanced at Nikia.

Then Cassia looked back at Mira and took her sketchpad, “You’re focusing on this a little too much, dear. It’s alright to draw in class... But when you’re around people, talk... Or else they will start thinking you’re weird.”

Mira stared at Cassia, as if she took away her life, she opened her mouth to talk – but no sound came out. Then agreed to focus more on the so called ‘improving’ her powers and followed Cassia’s gaze to Nikia.

Nikia laughed, "Well I think it's time for me to get the heck out of here." standing up she looked down at Roman. "You coming?"

"Nikia, you know if you leave school again that they're going to go to extreme measures like they did last time." Roman's voice was almost scolding, but it did the trick, Nikia sat back down next to him and for once she was quiet. "Well, since Mr. Walker didn't give us further instructions we could speak of ways to improve or we could just chat and get to know each other."

Nikia scoffed, "If we talk about anything to do with school I'm out." She then looked over to Mira who was glancing over to the sketchbook that Cassia had taken from her. Her eyes looked worried and scared that she wasn't going to get it back. Waving her hand in front of Mira's eyes Nikia spoke, "Hey, earth to hocus pocus? You in there?"

Mira's eyes snapped back to Nikia fast and she couldn't speak as she plundered through her thoughts.

"You okay there? You looked a little off?" Nikia asked shifting into a mirror image of Mira and imitated her actions of staring at her sketchbook.

After a sharp nudge to the ribs from Roman, Nikia changed back. "Stop it." He said sternly and he looked to Mira, "I'm sorry about her. She seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

"Speak for yourself, maybe I'm just joking with my new housemate." She says looking at Mira almost shooting daggers out of her eyes.

Ignoring what Nikia just said, Cassia looked to Mira, who was looking really scared and decided that maybe she shouldn’t have token away her sketchpad.

“Miracle, are you alright?” Cassia shook Mira’s shoulder.

Mira nodded, “I-I’m fine... You can call me Mira please. Um... What were we talking about?” She asked, admitting to being completely oblivious to the conversation.

“Um... I don’t know. I guess we could talk about ourselves.” She said. “Is that alright, Mira?” She asked.

Mira nodded and looked down. “C-C-an I-I hav-e my sketchpad b-back.” She stuttered.

It’s so unusual for a sixteen year old girl to stutter, Cassia thought; she wondered what happened to her. “Sure.” She smiled and handed Mira the sketchpad, “But don’t ONLY focus on that, there are other people are around.”

Mira nodded, “Okay.” Then clutched her sketchpad to her check and paid attention to everyone else – not wanting to talk but only to observe.

“Well, I’ll start out our ‘chat’ and say.... Hm... I am completely and totally in love with music. What about you guys?” Cassia smiled.

Roman nodded, "I love music, classical actually is how I figured out how to learn my abilities."

Nikia was now laying back in the grass, staring up at the sky as the the two chattered on about music, something she liked but she wasn't about to discuss with others. She thought of how easy it would be just to shift into a bunny and hop away while they weren't looking. But Roman was right, if she pulled too many stunts she wouldn't be welcome in the school any longer. If she didn't go to this school she would be kicked out of her home and forced to live on the streets again. Even though in two years, she would be out on her own anyway, she wasn't about to push her luck.

"What about you?" The words that came out of Cassia's mouth were completely directed towards Nikia and Nikia could tell.

"What?" Nikia asked sitting up slowly.

Roman answered her, "We were talking about how our abilities can get us into trouble... and a time where we got in the most trouble because of what we do. I just told the girls about that time when I was seven and I flooded my entire house for six days because I couldn't control what was happening."

Nikia nodded, "I pass."

Cassia shook her head, "Nope no passes... you have to answer."

"Okay... well once I was trying to find my father whose also a shifter and he killed my mom. She had one picture of him so I shifted into him and asked around town trying to find him... Well I did and just as I was about to change back he shot me in fear. Turns out, he wasn't my dad... he was just some guy who my mom messed around with. I spent a month in the hospital while he got away... What about you?" she asks Cassia. "What have you done?"

“I once accidentally sorta burned down my house... Alright I was three and I couldn’t control my powers, it wasn’t fair... I even got punished for that.” Cassia looked at Mira, “What about you?”

Mira looked around and shrugged, “I haven’t noticed my powers... Ever... Not until I came here... I spent most of my life living as a human.”

Cassia looked at Mira confused, “What about your parents? Didn’t they tell you that you were a witch?”

Mira shook her head no, “My mom and dad disappeared...” She pulled the sketchpad off her chest, to where it sat in her lap. “This is the only thing I have from them.” She pointed to an Amethyst necklace. “I ended up living in the human world as a human child in the foster system... I’m guessing my real parents didn’t want me or wanted me to know about magic...” She looked away. “I found out last year... So I honestly haven’t done anything bad.”

Cassia looked at Mira in shock, how can she not know about her powers for that long? “Mira... How could you not tell?”

Mira smiled brightly, “The social worker who placed me in the group home... I used to live at... Said it was because I knew no spells, and because I didn’t focus hard enough on anything so... I didn’t realize I was.” She shrugged.

Nikia shook her head, "Well if you haven't done anything bad yet, we'll just have to keep an eye on you. Everyone has that one defining moment that really lets us know which path we are going to take." Looking at Mira she shakes her head. "Probably if you didn't have you nose shoved in your sketch pad the whole time you would have noticed your powers."

Roman looked at Nikia, "You never know maybe her won thoughts are what kept her safe over the years."

Nikia shook her head then leaned forward and snatched the book out of the poor Mira's hands. "I just want to see what all the fuss is about." She flipped through the pages and shook her head. "You have talent... You shouldn't keep it to yourself."

Everyone just stared at Nikia in disbelief and slight horror for her actions, but she didn't mind. If she wasn't doing something that didn't leave people unsettled she felt like she wasn't doing her job in life. She looked up at Mira who was staring at her as if she was going to pass out if Nikia didn't return her property.

"You really shouldn't take what isn't yours." Cassia chimed in.

Nikia ignored her as she reached the last page where she saw the image of the angel Mira was drawing in class. "You know Charlie Akins?" She asked but Mira shook her head no. "Really... because you drew him... A very good likeness of him too."

Roman glanced at the page and nodded. "That does look like Charlie."

"Who's Charlie?" Cassia asked.

"Charlie Akins," Nikia said handing the book back to Mara, "was this kid who went to our school last year and he had abilities. He could control the light and electricity in the rooms. Well he got power hungry and he short circuited the entire building...He should have died... but he walked out of this building without a scratch on him. No one has seen him sense."

Cassia shrugged, “That’s really unusual, you know. Maybe we should do some research on him...”

Mira looked away, and wrapped her right hand around her necklace. “I-I-I... Don’t know him... I just made the angel up... He sometimes visits me in my dreams... That’s where I drew him from.”

Everyone looked at Mira, confused.

Roman spoke, “What happens in your dreams?”

Mira looked to him and between Nikia, and gulped in a deep breath of air. “There’s a war going on... I think... Well, at least wherever it was it was is under attack and someone tried taking me and... The Angel saved me, even though he’s an Angel of Darkness... And in my dreams he’s just as beautiful, as in the picture I've drawn.” Mira looked down, and shrugged. “I don’t really understand it... Look.” She took her sketchpad from Nikia. She then turned to a page where there was a little girl hidden in a pile of garbage. “This photo comes from my dreams as well... and this,” Mira turned the page and showed a photo of where there’s the back of Angel wings, with a hand held out for a girl – whose face you couldn’t see. Then she closed her sketchpad, and left it on her lap.

“I don’t understand it...” Cassia said frustrated.

Nikia shook her head. "I tell you that is Charlie, he was my ex boyfriend before Roman and I... I'm sure I can find him."

Roman looked at her. "You want to find your ex boyfriend?"

"Not because I'm interested in getting back together with him... I know things about him other people don't... Like how he could influence peoples dreams, he did it to mine a number of times. I also know, he had some secrets and reasons to why he did things."

"I still don't think it's a good idea for you to find him." Roman said.

NIkia looked up behind Mira and Cassia and her jaw dropped. "I don't think I'll have to look very far." She said just as a boy walked up to them.

"Hey, Mr. Walker wants everyone back in class." His eyes set in on Nikia then to Mira and he backed away from her slowly.

"Charlie?" Nikia asked standing up quickly and walking up to him.

"I'm back," he told her.

Nikia slapped him across the face before storming inside and back to the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?