We Can Dance, but Can We Love

Expect the Unexpected

The phone rang twice before I got the energy to answer it. Today was my lazy day and hell I was going to be lazy and not get up to answer phones.

"Hayes and Hazelwood line this is Phoenix speaking." I said into the phone while walking into the kitchen and then the freezer. Ice Cream!

"Phoenix Lynn Hayes you are so in trouble." My eyes got wide and a list of excuses began to roll through my head like at the end credit of a movie.

"Dad... hey how are you?" I spoke sheepishly into the phone. Ben & Jerry’s yum!

"Do you know what today is?" I began to nod my head but I remembered that he couldn't see me. "Err... My lazy day?" I said and questioned more to myself.

"Phoenix we expected you to meet us at the restaurant. We are meeting Marc's family at P.F Changs in thirty minutes. You were supposed to be here an hour ago." I frowned, I knew about the dinner with my sister's fiancé but I didn't want to go. I mean it would be so boring and well just boring.

"I know I know, I guess I can blow off my lazy day, but can I bring someone?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"Dallas is already here Phoenix. Who else are you inviting?" Oh someone who owes me a big enormous favor. "A friend." I said happily with a hint of evil in my voice. My dad just said okay and hung up.

I quickly dialed a number and it began to ring.... "Kevin dahling.... you’re not doing anything today right.... Good very good." I grinned so big it hurt and hung up to go get ready.

Image


"You suck big monkey balls." Kevin scowled as he turned into P.F Changs. I just snickered.

"Well... you owed me and I just thought that maybe you would be bored without me. Now if you do this you won't have to owe me anymore." He just sighed and pulled into a parking spot and we stepped out.

Kevin had worn a black button up shirt with a pair of jeans and some nice shoes. I had decided on something bright. My Miso floral dress, a white/beige colored blazer, with pink colored peep toe stiletto heels. “Did I mention how gorgeous you look tonight?” His voice was in a whisper in my ear.

Giving him a little smirk I shook my head no, “Unfortunately you haven’t.” I gave him a little wink as he wrapped his arm around my waist. “Well I’m telling you now.” Before anyone start flipping a shit, we’re just friends.

I have always known about the little thing Kevin has for me, but when we both took a look at reality we realized were nothing more than just friends and it would forever stay that way.

"Yes, we are part of the Hayes/Michelson party." I smiled politely. He nodded and told us to follow him. "If only he knew about the horns on your head." I heard Kevin whisper under his breath. I chuckled and shook my head. Kevin you’re hilarious I mumbled to myself.

"Phoenix how are yo- Kevin dear it’s nice to see you again." My mom said cutting my hello short just so she could get to Kevin and say hi to him. He gave me a cocky smile.

"Mrs. Hayes it's nice to see you again." He kissed my mothers cheek and I just rolled my eyes. "Yes, it’s nice to see you too mother. You know you could always disown me and adopt him." I spoke plainly. He snickered.

"Oh I'm sorry sweetheart." Ha yeah right, like she's really sorry. After Kevin and I said hi to Melanie, Marc, Mr. and Mrs. Michelson, my dad and Dallas I took a seat next to Dallas and Kevin took a seat next to me.

I looked over her outfit, “Oh is that the dress you bought a few weeks back?” She nodded her head and smiled. Dallas was nicely dress in a Boneyard Beach Dress, which was something that only happened once in a blue moon. She’s never been a fan of dresses. A Red blazer was also well fitted keeping her outfit modest along with a pair of Miu Miu wedges, the only shoes she’s ever spent so much on.

Image


Melanie and our parents, Marc and his parents began talking about the wedding and crap while I played with the lemon in my water. But soon my train of thought on the lemon became interrupted as I heard my name being said. I looked up to find everyone starring at me.

"What was that?" Kevin snickered and Dallas giggled. "When are you and Dallas leaving for London?" Melanie said with an amused tone in her voice.

"Oh, London. Are you girls studying abroad or something? Are you doing too Kevin?”Mrs. Michelson asked with question.

"No mom, Phee and Dallas are professional dancers. Meaning they dance for artist like Madonna, Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, Nicki Minaj, and so on.” Marc said explaining to his mom.

"Oh, silly me. Kevin dear, you a dancer too?" She smiled at us and we nodded. Kevin shook his head and smiled. “No ma’am… I’m an actor, have you ever heard of Glee?”

Mrs. Michelson shook her head no confused and Marc chuckled. “My mother really isn’t known to anything hip these days.” He air quoted, I mentally chuckled and took a sip of my lemon water.

“Well actually, the guys are taking a break right now. They all have their own solo projects going on right Kevie?” I smirked. Oh how he hated that name, but really I didn't care. Dallas and I actually called him Kevie Mcshake. It makes him furious. Ha!

“So do you know who you’re going to be dancing for?” I looked over to my sister and shrugged my shoulders. “Some group called One Directional… not really sure.”

“One Direction.” Dallas corrected me, as Kevin gave me an evil glare and I just shook it off and gave him a bright and sunny smile. “The group we got asked to dance for is One Direction, they are apparently the next backstreet boys or something and I heard look like a bunch of Justin Biebers with British accents.”

The dinner went pretty fast after that. It got way better; I also gave Melanie and Marc the idea to have a huge chocolate fountain. Marc personally liked the idea, Mel said she would think about it and Kevin said he like the idea and that if they did do it he would pay. Ha. It's not even his wedding.

Image


On the way home, I sat in the front seat of Kevin's car quiet with my head leaning back against the seat. The quietness of the car became no more, because Kevin began to repeat something over and over again.

"Your mommy likes me better, your mommy likes me better." I turned to him and stuck my tongue out.

"Go choke on a chocolate fountain Kevie Mcshake." I snickered. He stayed quiet for the rest of the ride besides this question he just had to ask.

"How do you choke on a Chocolate fountain?" I just giggled at his question and enjoyed the rest of the ride home.

Some people always asked me how Kevin and I met. Well it all started back when we were back-up dancers for their music video That Girl, then he suggested to whoever ran the whole Glee production to hire us on. Ever since then Dallas, Kevin, the rest of the boys, and myself have been best friends since.

When we finally pulled into Dallas and my driveway Kevin parked the car. “You coming in?” I raised an eyebrow and smirked, “Yeah don’t have anything better to do with my life while I’m on Glee hiatus.” I shook my head and stepped out of the car my heels hitting the cement.

Unlocking the door, I pushed it open and ventured into the duplex I shared with my best friend. Kevin closed the door and locked it as I a comfy looking Dallas came into view. “Did you two make a detour or something?” She raised an eyebrow and nodded kicking of my nude heels into the corner.

“Yep, Keviiiin here and I decided that we have had so much sexual tension built up that we just needed to let it all out right baby?” Kevin plopped down on the sofa right next to Dallas and gave me a wink. “Indeed we did, who knew Nix would be amazing in the sack.”

I rolled my eyes and made my way back to my room and changed into my Jack Wills University Outfitters shorts and hoodie. I threw my hair in a messy bun and slipped on my black pair of moccasins.

“So what’s it going to be tonight my loves?” Kevin had already snuck into the guest room where he had a stash of extra nightclothes and Dallas had already been changed into a pair of shorts and a bright blue hoodie that read Keep Calm and love Niall Horan.

I had to do a double take, “Who the fuck is Niall Horan?” I raised and chuckled.

Dallas rolled her eyes and she shook her head before replying, “It’s obvious that I’m the only one who does their homework. He’s the blonde one in that group One Direction.

“Right… so anyways I’m thinking The Avengers?” I slipped right in between the two where I made myself cozy. Looking to each side of me they both nodded their heads.

“Great, Kevin goes put it in!” He rolled his eyes stood up, turned off the lights, and before the movie was able to start I was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope y'all enjoy! Don't forget to comment and subscribe!!

-B