Status: This story is finished!

Head on Collision

Chapter 3.

After agreeing to go indoors, Alex embraced me in the biggest hug ever. He opened the door and I stepped inside. Suddenly, something hit me as I walked in to the living room. Not literally, just metaphorically. A memory came flooding back from two years ago. I'd been here before, with my mum, Aaron and Matthew. I completely remember now! Alex's mum is one of my mum's best friends! We came here for thanksgiving. Alex was the one who I was crushing on so bad. How did I not remember?!

"Lauren, what's up?" Alex questioned me. "You seem to be lost in thought. What you thinking about?"
"I.. Er.. I just remembered something, that's all. No biggie." I replied.
"What's on your mind? C'mon. Come to my room, we'll talk about it." He urged. He really wanted to know, didn't he? He seemed different anyway. Maybe he already knew. Maybe that's what he wanted to talk about? He took my arms and pulled me close to him. and said to me, "You don't have to hide things from me, you know." He pushed my hair out of my eyes, and I looked up at him. I could tell that he was being serious.

"Fine. Let's go to your room." I finally agreed. Maybe if I tell him this, he'll tell me what was wrong with him earlier when we were in the garden.
"Finally, you agree! I've never known someone to be as stubborn as what you are!" Alex sighed, with relief.
"Oh, gee, thanks Alex.." I stuck my tongue out at him to show him that I was just joking around with him. He let out a small chuckle, and that made me smile.

So, I followed him up to his room, and it was spotless! Fucking spotless! I don't think I've ever seen a room so clean.

He sat on his bed, and patted a space next to him, indicating to me to sit down. I sat with my back to the wall and my legs on the bed. Alex leaned over and pulled me closer to him. He sat there and cuddled me until finally asking what it was that was on my mind. He wasn't going to stop pestering me until I told him, so I decided to just tell him.

"Alex, this might sound weird, but I'm sure I've been here before, two years ago with my mum and my two brothers.. I didn't recognize you at first, but as soon as I walked in to the living room, everything came back to me." Alex began to smile.
"So now you remember! I thought you'd forgot me completely for a minute then. Least that saves me from having to tell you what I was going to tell you since you've already figured it out." He said, laughing as he said the last word.
"So it did happen then? I wasn't just being crazy, ha ha!" I laughed with him.
"Yeah, it really happened. I remember you going SO red when I came near you. I thought you was so cute at 16 years old. Now, you're 18 and God dammit you're beautiful!"He exclaimed.
"Oh my God. As if you remember that!" I said, starting to blush already.

He stopped for a minute, and I could see his thinking cogs were turning inside his head. Eventually, he came out with "So, how come you ran away anyway?"
"Well, my mum decided to get engaged with a bloke from her work place, and didn't even decide to tell us until three months later when she decided he was going to move in with us. I suppose I could have made an effort to get to know him, but he completely blanked me and made me feel as if I wasn't even there. He took my place next to mum, so I thought, okay, I'll give him his due since they are engaged, and I allowed him to sit there without making a fuss. Then, I was watching TV and he turned over the bastard tele without even looking up seeing if I was watching it! AND! HE STOLE MY BEERS FROM THE FRIDGE AND STARTED DRINKING THEM!" I was starting to rant on, and was getting quite annoyed.
"Whoa, Lauren! Calm down!" Alex said to me. He grab my arms and held them down so I couldn't punch anything. I winced a little, as I happen to have a few deepish cuts on my arm. Although no-one knew about them, I was pretty sure Alex would find out sooner than I thought.

He obviously saw the look in my eye as I winced. He let go of my arms and sat in front of me. I knew I was going to have a confrontation with him, and I would have to confess.

"Lauren. What's wrong with your arms?" He asked. His thoughts were going wild, but I didn't want to tell him.
"Nothing." I replied, simply.
"If you don't tell me why you winced a second a go, I'll just look for myself." He stated. I decided to remain silent. I didn't know how to explain that I'd cut myself before I left my house. It was a secret, and it wasn't the first time I'd done it either.

"Fine. Looks like I'm going to have to find out for myself then." he said. I couldn't pull my arms away, because if I did then he would get worked up and worried, and I don't want that.

He pulled my hoody sleeve up and revealed 7 cuts that were a day old, and a good few scars. His face was full of shock, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I didn't want him to see this, but it's too late now.

"Lauren.." his voice trailed off, and I thought he was going to cry or something.
"Alex, I'm so sorry.." I was ashamed of myself.
"No, don't be sorry. It's not your fault. Just, don't do it again. If you ever want to do it again, talk to me. I don't want you to hurt yourself. You're beautiful Lauren, don't let anyone tell you any different okay?" He was concerned, but I could also see that he had the same face he had earlier, in the garden, where he was hiding something. I didn't want him to hide stuff from me either.

"Hey, Alex. You're hiding something from me and I can't quite figure out what it is. You're facial expression is just the same as it was when you was telling me about the tree house. What's up?" I questioned him.

He sighed deeply and started to say "My brother killed himself.. he'd self harmed before, and then we had an argument and i never saw him again. That's why I don't want you to ever self harm again Lauren. Will you promise me? I can't lose you as well."

"I.. I.. I'm so sorry Alex. I didn't know. I promise you, Alexander William Gaskarth, that I will not do it again."

"It's okay, I just can't lose someone else that means so so so much to me." He said.

We both shut up and hugged each other tighter than ever before. I now understand so much more than I used to.

Alex pulled away and walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out an acoustic guitar. I think it was a Takamine, but I'm not so great on guitar types. "Can I play you something I wrote after I found out Tom had.. you know?" He asked.

I never knew he could play guitar..

"Yeah, sure." I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter annoyed me:L I couldn't think of what to put at all. now I've made it all depressing -.- The other chapters will be so much more light-hearted! I promise (:

Comment on what you think about it! :)