Status: Standalone

Maybe One Day

Maybe One Day

“Jack stop it! That tickles.” Alex high-pitched voice and his laughter lets your heart beat faster but at the same time it aches, because the reason he laughs is not you. It’s Jack.
“Stop.” Alex whines almost now, but at the same time he still chuckles. You know he really doesn’t want Jack to stop.
You sigh quietly, while you fake a smile when Zack looks at you and then you get up. You know you probably shouldn’t go to the front lounge of the bus, but you can’t help it.
You know the sight will break your heart even more, but somehow you seem to be more than just lightly masochistic.
Jack is sitting on the sofa, back to you. Alex has startled his lap; he has his head on Jacks shoulder but looks up, when you enter the front lounge. He smiles softly when he sees you, but continues to trace soft circles on Jacks back, who has slung his arms around Alex waist, holding the older boy near to himself.
You sigh in silent, but reply the smile. Alex winks shortly, then he pulls away from Jack, just to face the younger boy and presses his lips to Jacks.
Your heart aches and it feels like it is going to break.
Everyone on the bus is used to the picture of Alex and Jack making out in the front or the back lounge and nobody has a problem with them being together.
Again you sigh and then you turn around again and return to the back lounge.

It has always been Jack and Alex. Alex and Jack. Since Alex has been 17 and Jack 16. Nobody could separate them. They perfectly fit together. They belong to each other, even you have to admit that.
But it’s hard. And it hurts.
So you keep on telling yourself that maybe one day it will be okay to love Alex. Because then the pain is easier to stand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)