Status: Active

All The Small Things

Mutt

Sunday’s point of view

Boom. Here I am. Just a weird-ass girl from Southern California. I’m also a music addict.
Y’all probably think why the hell is my name like this? Sunday. I don’t know either. My parents are just a bunch of weirdos. I was born on Sunday, so there you go. My sister April was born on Sunday too, but they named her April, because that was an April Sunday. Just as I said before: weirdos. Although I’m kind of thankful to them for my name as I met a lot of cool people. Like Amy and Melanie. Hot-ass bitches!

I lived in an apartment in San-Diego. April shared the block with me, so she lived two floors higher than me. Amy lived just across the street in an apartment as well. Melanie’s apartment block was just a street away. My parents lived in Sacramento so April and I didn’t really get to see them too often, but they were okay with it.

So here’s how it all started. 1999. It was just an ordinary sunny day in San-Diego, I was laying in my bed and listening to music when someone rocked my door-bell. I got up from my bed lazily and made my way to the door, opening it to see excited Melanie shuffling and smiling.

“Hey!” she said excitedly.
“Hey yourself…?” I said back and it sounded more like a question. Oh – that was another weird thing about me – I’m always suspicious, serious and not-so-emotional. Don’t fuck with me.

“Guess what!” She said stepping in and walking into my bedroom, grabbing my MP3 player with Blink-182 blasting in it. I closed the door and followed her.
“What.” I said in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Someone is a meanie pants” She smiled.
“Stop calling me like that!” I snapped.
“Keep calm, Sun!” She giggled at my snap and kept going, “So…did you know the Blink guys are gonna film a music video for All The Small Things?”
My moody phase was gone immediately and I started shuffling around my room. “What?”
“Yes!” Melanie exclaimed. “And the better news – they need people to participate in it!”
I stopped pacing and looked at her. Was she really going to drag me into the damn video scene? Nah. I’m not coming. Blink have a shitload of fans and I doubt we’ll become the ‘lucky’ ones that could be seen in the video for two seconds. It isn’t really worth the try. I’d better go see them live. For, like, the 100th time already.
“What are you driving at?” I finally spoke.

“How about we go there and—“
“No.” I cut her off mid-sentence.
“Why?” Melanie whined with disappointment.

“Because it’s not worth it. I mean, it’s kind of useless. They are gonna chose some hot tall girls with boobs. You know. And what are we? Just a couple of--”

“Goddammit Sunday! What the fuck? You’re real good-looking! We’re gonna make it, you’ll see.”
I just chuckled at her response and shook my head.
“Don’t you shake your gorgeous head at me, ma’am!” She smiled.
“You can take Amy and April and I’m not going. You’ll tell me how it all went later”

“You’re gonna regret it” Melanie smirked.
“I doubt that” I said and stuck my tongue at her.
“Alrighty! I’m calling April and Amy then” She said and pulled out her phone.

“Whatever”
Mel called my sis and Amy and they soon were sitting on my bed with me and Melanie.

“You idiot!” April yelled at me.
“Look who’s talking” I talked back sarcastically.

“Sun-” Amy started.

“Nooo.” I said loudly.

“Yesss. You are coming.” Mel said.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Nope.”

“Yes!”

“Fuck no!” I snapped and my friends laughed. Did I actually look like an idiot, complaining about not wanting to meet my favorite band? Bummer. That supposed to be sounding real stupid.

“You’re stupid, Sun.” Amy told me reading my thoughts.

“Boom. I changed my mind. I’m going.” I said mentally slapping myself. What? Goddamn no. I didn’t want to go! You’re a loser, Sunday.

Amy, April and Melanie looked at me blankly then huge smiles appeared on their faces.

“I knew she’s gonna give up anyway.” April smirked.

“Hell no.” I shook my head.

“Hell yes. Who wants to see Tommy?!” She giggled and I couldn’t help it but blush. Yep. I had a crush on that guy, Thomas Fucking DeLonge.

Mel, Amy and April started to giggle like a bunch of school girls and I said, “Dang you! If you don’t stop laughing like this I…I will not join you tomorrow on the Blink video-shooting!”
The girls immediately went silent as I smirked at my ‘power’ of making people shut the hell up.

“Good girls” I said faking a teacher’s voice.
“Are you still coming?” April asked.

“You dummy. Yes.” I told her.
“Yay!” My retarded friends exclaimed. Man, I love my chicks. Best friends ever.

We chatted some more and soon Amy and Mel had to go.
“Sleepover?” April suggested.

“Sounds fun” I nodded.

We said our goodbyes to Melanie and Amy and turned up the new Blink CD – Enema Of The State. I was still skeptical when All The Small Things came up but April just waves it off.

Tomorrow was going to be…at least entertaining.
♠ ♠ ♠
the first one...there you go :)