Status: prewritten 12 chapters and counting.

Painting Flowers

Chapter 1

“You’re crazy.” I smirk.

“You’re pretty.” He shoots back with a grin.

“You’re full of shit.” I say, handing him a blue plastic cup filled to the brim with beer. I’m sitting at the bar watching possibly the most gorgeous band in the universe dance around in front of me.

“Jack, quit flirting and get your fat ass over here.” Alex yells from across the patio. I all but spit out my Smirnoff Black Ice as about 50 girls turn and glare. My face burns and Jack chuckles.

“I gotta go. Hey, you and your friend come to stage left right before the show.” He says, winking, before he bolts off up the stairs. I feel an elbow in my side and spin around on the barstool and stare at the girl sitting next to me.

“Don’t say a word.” I bury my head in my hands.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say someone has the hots for Ash.” Drew says. I can hear it in her voice, she’s trying not to laugh. I peek up at her.

“Tell me I’m not dreaming. That just happened, right?”

“Damn right it did. You just landed us backstage seats at an All Time Low show. I think that should count for number thirty-nine, shouldn’t it?” I laugh. Number thirty-nine on my bucket list is to be front row during at least five All Time Low concerts.

I spin the barstool again and groan when I realize I’m still getting evil looks from some of the other girls.

“Come on, Drew,” I hop to my feet and grab my purse. “Let’s go see Vinny. I want a new tank top.”

With my wallet considerably smaller, Drew and I stop at the bar again on our way to the stage. We’re immediately served two frosted bottles of Green Apple Smirnoff Ice. I see the look on the bartenders face and pause.

“What, Brad?”

“Oh, nothing. You want an extra one for your boyfriend?” At these words, my eyes get huge and I can feel the heat in my face.

“Jack was just being nice.” I try to recover.

“He wasn’t calling the other 63 girls out here ‘pretty,’ was he?”

“B’s got a point.” Drew shrugged.

“You’re not helping.” I narrow my eyes at her and she laughs.

“Hey, I’m not complaining. You’re hot self landed us side stage seats.” Drew leans over the counter and hugs Brad. “Love you, bubba. See you tomorrow.” I glance back at Brad and he’s still shaking his head at me. I stick my tongue out at him. I have a feeling I’m never going to hear the end of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I wanted to see how much interest I could get, more later this week <3 Thanks for reading.