Status: prewritten 12 chapters and counting.

Painting Flowers

Chapter 6

When we finally get to my door, I pull out my keys and unlock the door, stepping aside for everyone to enter. The apartment is considerably spotless, except for a corner filled with paint supplies. I walk over and throw them all in a bucket sitting under the still drying canvas, a painting of All Time Low’s Nothing Personal album art.

“Nice.” Zack came over to inspect it.

“Thanks.” I touched the corner, finding it dry. I turned and sat it up against the wall. “It’s what I do when I get bored.” I added, looking up to see him now inspecting the other art on the wall.

“Don’t tell me you did all these?”

“Yeah, actually…” I bit my lip. Sam rolled her eyes.

“Don’t let the girl fool you. She’s got mad talent. Check her room.” She flopped down on the couch. The boys looked at me expectantly and I pointed to a shut door. “Make yourself at home.” I grinned. They all ran into my room and I could hear Alex gasp from here.

“These are insane.” Rian commented. I looked at Sam.

“They’re never going to get out of there, you know that right?”

“Oh well, more alcohol for us.” She hopped up, going over to my fridge and taking a pick from the many colorful bottles inside. “What do you want?”

“I’ve been drinking Smirnoff Ice all night. I’m gonna mix something.” I stood next to her, pulling the bottles out of a higher shelf. I grabbed a skinny ice blue bottle off the top of the fridge and poured some into a shaker filled with vodka. “Before break, Christy taught me how to make her signature Cotton Candy martini. I’m in love.” I grinned, feeling hands my hips.

“Ooh, I want to try.” Jack’s voice in my ear sent chills down my spine. I grabbed a pink fluff of cotton candy from a nearby bag and sat it in the martini glass.

“Ok, watch this.” I said before pouring the blue liquid over the fluff, causing it to melt almost immediately, making the liquid a vibrant purple. “I love that part.” I giggle.

“Of course you do.” Jack laughed, taking it from me for a sip. “That’s good.” He said, handing it back and grabbing a beer from Rian. Alex had just emptied what look like the entire contents of a small liquor store.

“So, Sam, you were really going to walk ten blocks for cookies at almost 2 in the morning?” I ask, the absurdity of this statement just setting in. She just shrugged and nodded.

“You girls are crazy. Brave, but crazy.” Zack said, looking between us. I sighed and reached in a jar that was on the top shelf of a cabinet.

“Next time, come raid our kitchen. Don’t make me have to kick some ones ass for killing you.” I handed her a key. “Do you even understand what Kay would do if she knew we were running around the city at all hours of the night?” I asked. Her eyes sparkled when she laughed.

“Priceless. Kay is our RA, she’s totally paranoid. But she went home for break. Now, we just have Andrew and he has a lot more faith in us than Kay,”

“He handed out pepper spray the first day he was here.” I laughed. “He only has confidence in us because he thinks we all take self defense classes!” I hopped back up onto the counter and Jack came and leaned against the counter right in front of me, his hands on my knees. Alex raised his eyebrows when Jack wasn’t looking and I shot him a look. I was just having a good time, where this was going was completely up to Jack.