Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Free

Loki

What was she thinking? Speaking to another being about what had happened? Though I knew that she did things on her own free will, but I never knew that she had an actual person to talk to rather than I. Did I frighten her so much that she simply would cast me aside like I meant nothing to her now? A smirk made it to my lips, thinking of what she was going through. Her mind had been full of questions that would not be answered in time. This time I was not going to be there to help her. She already turned her back on me.

My eyes opened as I felt a presence before me, outside of the cell I was kept in for the longest of time. I lost track of the days, and the time, I did not know what was going on. Perhaps that was for the best; I did not need to know what was going on behind the walls of my containment cell. Sitting up from my bed, I glanced to who have stepped foot here. A grimace on my face when I noticed that it was my brother gazing upon me, a troubled look on his face.

“What is it that you want?” I questioned, keeping myself seated upon my bed. I gazed at him curiously, wondering what the sudden appearance was about.

“I come for advice, brother,” he stated, a sigh escaped his lips, “What are you to do of your beloved? I am sure that you know that she came into my chambers the other night.”

“I am aware,” I spat, looking away from him. It sickened me that he was here. He had the nerve to come see me after what has happened between him and my love. “Why is it that you are here, Odinson?” Seeing his face wanted me to put my hands around his neck to squeeze down hard. He should have known that the woman was only mine for the taking. No one was allowed to steal her away. Then I realized something. “Is this my punishment? Am I to be locked behind bars to watch my love go for another being? What a cruel punishment this is,” I sneered.

Thor looked uncomfortable as he stood there, his eyes to the ground. A sigh past his lips as he looked up to me once more. “No, Loki, that is not it,” he replied, his hand going to his face as he rubbed his temples with his fingers. “This whole situation was not supposed to happen. Yes, this was my fault as well and I do not deny it,” he spoke, stopping himself from his actions and looked straight into my eyes. “I came here to apologize, even if you do not believe my apology. That is not going to happen again, as that was a horrible mistake.”

My eyes narrowed as I stared upon him. “Just get out, Odinson, I do not wish to speak with you at this moment,” I told him, letting my gaze wander onto my lap. Another sigh escaped his lips, and his footsteps trailed off. My fists clenched as I stared upon them, becoming very frustrated with everything. Now I was letting myself break. I was letting a woman get to me for the first time. She made my skin crawl. The emotions that was brought forth bothered me, and it was all because of her. At first I thought she would crawl back to me, but she was taking her own stand.

“I have a question, brother,” I muttered before he left fully, his footsteps stopped and I looked up at him. He had turned to face me with a curious glance, most likely confused as to why I referred him as my brother. “How does one love someone when they have done them wrong?” This was a question that I should not ask my brother, but he may have answers.

“I do not know, Loki. It is possible that you are afraid to lose that person?”

I looked down at my lap, thinking that as foolish. Then he had left as I heard his footsteps leave me. Had I been scared to lose Zenya? No, that could not be it. I loved her, I really did. Perhaps it sickened me that it did? I held a lot of frustration, but I made sure to keep it in. There was not much that I could do.

---

Perhaps I may have fallen asleep as my eyes fluttered open when I heard footsteps and conversation. “Leave me, warden,” a booming voice spoke, causing me to sit up quickly. Odin was here. My father finally came to visit me after trapping me into this prison cell for many days. I did not keep track of how long I was in this cage, but I knew that I have been there for ages now.

“No need to stand, Loki,” he spoke when he saw me as I was starting to get up from the bed to address him. Then I relaxed, sitting in the spot of my bed and simply looked upon him. “I have an agreement of you that could release you from this prison.”

“Oh?” I questioned curiously as I stared at him. What agreement would I have? I honestly did miss the fresh air of Asgard and being able to roam around freely in the palace. Hopefully that this agreement would not downgrade me in anyway. I waited for him to speak.

“You will be brought from this cell if only you agree to not use your magic for any bad, if you use it once, you will be in this cell once more,” he spoke, his one eye gazing at me intently. He wanted me to be out of this cell, I could see it in his eye. He wanted his son back with him. This was a tough agreement to oblige to. “Also, I hear there have been troubles with you and Zenya. Do you wish to fix it, Loki? This is your chance to show her how you feel for her.”

I was shocked. How did he know of this? Odinson was smart enough not to tell Odin of the troubles that we faced. Zenya, I knew, would not tell someone that would open their mouths. Then again, he was the All-Father. Everything that happened, he seemed to see. There had been no hiding anything from him. Even he could see through any lie that I may have spoken to him of in the past.

“Father, she does not love me anymore,” I spoke, glancing away from him. “I am a monster to her and she does not see that I do care for her.”

“My son, words cannot express enough love, she is feeling hopeless. You have treated her poorly, and I know this because I know how she cries for you. You must show her that you care with your actions, not just the words that spew from your mouth,” he told me, and I now glanced up to him. The All-Father was wise. He gave me a slight smile, and he held up the keys to the cell that I was in. I watched carefully as he unlocked my cage, bringing the bars open to reveal an open exit. “Do you accept this agreement, Loki, my son?”

I looked at him carefully, and saw that this was no trap. With a nod of my head, I spoke, “Yes.”

“You are now free from this prison,” he replied, stepping back from where he stood. I then stepped forward to walk from my bed to the cage door. My steps were careful as I walked on, bringing myself from the prison. A grin crossed my features as I realized that I was now free to live as I will. Odin brought his hand upon my shoulder, and then his voice boomed in joy. “Loki! I am delighted that you are part of Asgard once more.”

And that was done.

I was free to roam Asgard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I was changing around a lot of things when I was writing this one out. I am sure you didn't expect this to happen, huh? Haha! <3

Thank you for the wonderful comments! You all keep me going. :)