Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Caught

The realm seemed to be in a stand still when that dreadful name was spoken. Thanos; the man that corrupted his thoughts in the first place. The one who wanted to destroy Earth and all of the people that lived on that realm. It sickened me knowing that my love went out of his way to disappear to seek Thanos out. No words escaped my lips, too disgusted at the fact that Loki would stoop back down to that once more. It made no sense to me.

“Why?” I whispered, my eyes have fallen to the grassy ground. Nothing made sense to me, and nothing was clear. “You have sworn not to do evil,” I spoke with so much hatred, but it still was kept to a whisper in case there were anyone around to hear our conversation. If anyone were to find out about this news he would be locked away again, and that was unacceptable.

Loki had a mischievous grin spread amongst his face; the grin that I disliked the most. It was a grin to show that he was up to no good. My fists clenched and my voice had been short winded to prevent myself to turning him in. I could not to do such a thing to him, mostly because I did love him as much as I claimed to.

“For us, my love,” he mentioned, now turning his back towards me as he took a few steps forward before looking back at me once more. A smile had been on his face as he spread his arms wide as he held his scepter in his other hand. “We can have all of Asgard to ourselves, and no one will be able to stop us. How does that sound to you?”

“Are you daft, Loki?” I questioned, my eyes narrowed at him. The feeling of betrayal sailed through me as I looked into those eyes of his. This man had no intention of being good. His words that he spoke during the celebration of his return were all lies. No truth ever came from him when it came to making promises such as that. Only using his magic for good? That was too good to be true, and I knew why others were skeptical of him.

“Do you know what would come of this if someone were to find out?” I asked in a hushed tone, my eyes scanning the area to make sure no one came to eavesdrop in our conversation. When I knew no one was there, I walked to him and placed my hand on his forearm. “You are betraying Odin’s words and you know what consequences you will have. Your powers will be ripped from you overall and you will be banished somewhere far. I cannot have that, Loki. You belong here in Asgard with me, not anywhere else.”

Loki chuckled under his breath, now reaching up to place a hand on my cheek in a gentle matter. His thumb grazed my skin gently. “I love you, Zenya, my Goddess,” he told me, “But do you wish not to be my queen? Do you not trust me?”

“Do not spit about trust!” I shouted, slapping his hand away from my face as I took a step back from him. “You make me hate you, Loki. You broke your promise to me countless of times, and now you lie to Asgard. I cannot trust you if you are going to continue to lie about things.”

I turned my back towards him, taking a few steps forward to walk away from him until he grabbed my hand to pull me back. My eyes narrowed while I looked back at him in distaste. His eyes were focused on mine, trying to read the depths of them. Shaking my head, I pulled my hand from his grasp before speaking to him once more, “You are bringing yourself into torment, Loki. Everything that you do makes me not want to stand by you. I thought you were going to be a changed man, but obviously not.”

“What I do is for the better for us, my love,” he spoke, sounding hurt because of the distaste I had for him. He did not wish for me to hate him, I knew of that much. My heart could not take the mischief that he was causing, and it was hard for me to pretend that all of this was okay. He had broke his word to his people, and to me. The God had been made of all lies, and Asgard was not going to take it lightly when they found out that he was speaking to Thanos.

“It is not for the best, Loki!” I argued, having to raise my voice with him. He only seemed to listen to me when I was yelling at him, for reasons I do not know. “This is not what I want. This is what you want. I want a normal life with you, Loki. I want to be able to freely say that I love you like I have in the past, but it seems like you are giving me no certain choice,” my voice turned into a whisper, knowing well that he had his full attention to me as his expression changed. His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes casted to the side. This action showed me that he was listening, even if his attention had not been towards me.

Though it felt like I was speaking to a wall. He was not going to see past my words and continue to think that he needed to do evil. Thor did not trust his brother, I knew of this much. No one trusted the God of lies. Ever since that he found out that he was a Frost Giant, he had become evil. It scared me to no end that he was like this, and I tried all that I could to stop him from doing so. Nothing worked, nothing ever seemed to work. He was a stone wall that could not be spoken to.

“I love you, Loki,” I told him, placing my hand on his cheek in a gentle matter. He looked at me again, looking into my eyes once more. “But I cannot continue to fight with you, it hurts me. Ruling over Asgard and making me your queen does not make me want to love you. You are burdened with something, I know, but you cannot keep up these games.”

He sighed, shaking his head as he placed his hand upon mine. “I wanted you to appreciate me,” he spoke gently, “I want what is best for you, Zenya.”

“Talking to Thanos is not the best you can give me, Loki,” I told him.

I was going to say something else, but I had been cut off by someone clearing their throat. Quickly I glanced to the side, seeing Loki’s brother with his arms crossed. My eyes widened as I looked at him, having a feeling that he had heard the name that I spoke.

“Do I hear you were speaking to Thanos, brother?” he asked, his eyes were narrowed at Loki when he took a couple of steps forward.

Loki was about to say something, but I stepped in front of him before he got a chance to speak. “Thor, please do not repeat what I said to anyone,” I pleaded, looking up at him with scared eyes.

“It is against rule that he has spoken to Thanos,” Thor scolded, looking upon me now. “I should tell my father.”

“I am reasoning with Loki, you do not need to tell your father anything,” I told him, “Please, do not go to him.”

Thor gave me a questioning gaze, and then looked at Loki. He had stepped up, moving me aside and grabbed Loki by his shirt as he yanked his brother towards him. “You better not be sneaking around, brother,” he warned, “If you feed lies once more, you will be put back into that cage and soon banished from Asgard like I was.”

I frowned, but looked at Loki. He looked at Thor right in the eye, saying, “I will speak to him and tell him that I request not to aid him in his ruling of Asgard.”

“Good,” Thor stated, letting him go. He looked at me, letting out a sigh. “Look after Loki, make sure that he is not going against his word.”

My eyes widened, looking to Thor. “Do you wish for me to accompany him to see Thanos?” I questioned.

“I do not wish it, but yes,” Thor spoke, “I do trust you, Zenya. I know you do not speak lies, and you will tell me what Loki does.” He turned to Loki once more and said, “I wish for you to speak to him tonight.”

Loki grimaced, soon nodding his head. “I will do that, Odinson,” he spoke, and then glanced at me with an apologetic look. “I do not wish her to be there when I speak to him, but I will.”

The thunder God gave a nod before he started to walk away. “Zenya, I do want to hear news when you return,” he spoke, not giving us second looks. He just walked away. I let out a sigh, and an evident smile was on my face.

“I am sorry, my love,” Loki commented.

“Orders are orders,” I mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the long wait!
I have been really busy lately with work.
Please forgive me? :c

Please do tell me what you think about this chapter!
I will try to write back to everyone who comments! <3

Comments make me update faster too. ;D