Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Choosing Sides

Loki appears in my dreams every night ever since he tried to take control of Asgard. He fell into the abyss that Thor tried to save him from, and I grew depressed over time. Thor knew the care and love I had for his brother, and he only hoped for the best. I remember him going to my home during the middle of every week just to see if I was fine. It made matters worse that he showed his face around me because I only thought of Loki whenever he came around. He was just trying to be a friendly face, something that I was not willing to accept just yet.

“Loki,” he had started, trying to strike a conversation with me, “Has always been smart, smarter than I am even. I apologise for the sorrow you may be going through ever since his disappearance.”

I looked to him, a pain look evident spread across my features. “If he were to know the truth, he wouldn’t have suffered this fate,” I spoke, standing to my feet to stand before Thor. “Your father did nothing but wrong him all of this time, Thor. He needed to know the truth about his life and not hide behind some fairy tale. Yes, your parents loved him like their own, but you do not understand the hurt that he felt.”

“And you are the one to know how he felt?” Thor questioned me, his voice becoming threatening. I did not move back, and just stood my ground. He did not frighten me. No one did. Loki told me that every being that lived should not be deemed threatening. Every being did have a weakness, but finding out that weakness was the problem. I just stood there, my fists were clenched and I gazed upon him.

“We love each other Thor, he told me everything,” I easily told him, staring coldly into his eyes. “He told me how he felt at all times, he told me how miserable he was when he found out the truth, which should not have been kept from him for the longest time. Loki will rise, and you will suffer.”

My words were not wise to say to the God, as he grabbed onto my arms with force. I hissed at him, glaring at him to see if that struck him at all. “I will make sure you suffer alone in the torment. What happened to the Asgardian warrior that I once knew that swore to protect us? What happened to the woman that would not allow anyone to mold her emotions? You have changed ever since he left,” he spat, obviously angered with me. Only he knew how different I have been acting. I have longed for Loki to come back to normal, to come home to Asgard, but he never came. I was slowly starting to become bitter that he was never going to show his face again.

“Thor!” a voice boomed, and the God of Thunder let his grip loosened on my arms to look back to see that his father, Odin himself, walking into my household to where Thor and I were. “Let her go, she means no harm to anyone.”

“Father, she was speaking of Loki and how Asgard will fall,” Thor spoke, looking upon his father as he watched as he came forth. If it were any other moment, I would have thought of this as an honor to have Odin be in my household. He was saving me from his son’s wrath, and that I was thankful for. If he had not come, I would have been locked up for an almost treason.

Odin looked at Thor, and soon looked at me. “Sadness is what I see,” he spoke as stepped in front of me, placing a gentle hand on my cheek. “She is confused, son. Lost without the one she loves most.” He gave a smile to me, and I could not help but to smile back at him. At least he understood the pain that I was going through. At least knew that I was suffering this alone. If only Thor realized it, but he was too arrogant to figure that out.

“Thor, come with me,” Odin spoke, leading his son away from my household. I watched as they walked, and soon disappeared into nowhere. My eyes lingered to the spot a little longer, and then I let out a frustrated sigh. The God was never going to set foot in her house again if he spoke ill of Loki again. I sat in my chambers, silencing my room in the process to make sure no one in my family walked in unannounced. Sitting upon my bed, I looked down at my hands that were shaking.

The adrenaline was too much for me. I could have sworn that I was going to be locked up by Thor’s command, but at least Odin had came before it was too late. That was when I lied back on my bed, staring up at the gold ceiling and soon my eyes fluttered closed. Where was Loki now? I always wondered this every time I relaxed in my bed, wondering where did my love go?

“What a stunt my brother pulled,” came a familiar voice, and my eyes snapped open. I sat up, looking around each way that I could to see if he were there. “I am not with you, but I am watching you, my dearest.”

My eyes teared up, and I looked down at the ground. Hearing him speak again had been the most incredible thing that have happened ever since his disappearance. “Are you ever coming home, Loki?” I questioned as I continued to stare at the ground, not wanting my tears to fall. I have missed him so much and it hurt to just hear him.

“I do not think that I ever will go home,” Loki stated, “I have a duty to fulfill in the meantime. I have a request of you.”

“What is this request?” I questioned, looking up as I listened to him speak. His voice was so close, but he was so far away. I had wondered where he was. What he was doing? If only he gave me the answers that I wanted, but he only asked me for a certain request that I was not sure that I would be able to pull through with.

“Come with me, and join me take over Earth,” he told me, and I could tell that he was grinning from ear to ear. “We can be together at last, and all you have to do is join me.”

I shook my head, and bit my bottom lip. I did not want to give up the life that I had. If we were stopped, Loki and I would both be punished for our wrongs. “Loki, I cannot do that for the sake of Asgard.”

“Oh please, you already told Thor I would rise and he would suffer,” he laughed, and I looked at the ground. I was a fool to have said something like that. Thor had the ability to make me angry, that was why I said it to him. “Unless that was something you spat out in spite that he made you angry?”

I was quiet, and he let out a sigh. “I knew it,” he chuckled, “But I know you do have deep feelings for me. You may not like my creation now, but you will see what I have created for us when my mission is complete here. You fell in love with the God of Mischief and mischief I will cause. I will speak to you again soon enough, Zenya.”

I stared at my hands, wondering if this was worth it all. Now to choose which side. Either be with the one she truly loved or be the side that would bring him to his knees. The decision was hard, and she wished this decision would be easier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am excited for this story so far! It is something different than I would usually write, so I am taking a spin at it. I love how this is turning out. <3