Status: Hiatus.

Watching You

Betrayal

Loki

My brother was a fool for thinking that she would turn against me. Even from the anger she showed towards me, she argued for me. I knew that she was still in love with me like she has been. A grin spread across my features as I sat there, watching over her. Now was the time I looked over her, not her looking over me. This was my duty to watch the woman that I loved, to make sure that she was safe away from anyone that would harm her. Even if I could not break from this jail cell until my punishment was announced, I still had the power I had over the woman. She will return to me even if she wished not to.

This amused me to the greatest, knowing the inner turmoil that she had. Did she still love me? Did she not love me? Her expressions, her movements, to everything that she did reflected how inflicted she was with these feelings. I could sense the anger she held for me. I could see the sadness that she held when she had been by herself as she solemnly walked through the palace. All she did was stray from everyone that approached her, waving them off as if they were no one important. She had even dismissed the All-Father, which caused me the most pleasure to see.

My fists clenched, now seeing that she had been with my insignificant brother. If only I could listen to their conversation, but I only saw their faces and their actions. It displeased me when she smiled, seeing her laugh with my idiot brother. Days before she argued with him, and now days after she was smiling at him. That look of admiration in her eyes as she looked up at him. There was that smile that she used to reserve for me. That loving smile that I remember. Now it was for Thor. A curse escaped from my lips as I opened my eyes to rid myself of the vision, bringing my fist to collide with the ground.

“Curse you Thor,” I growled under my breath, seething at the fact that my brother was getting closer to my property. The property that I have claimed for my own. Did he not know that I disliked when people touched my things? She was mine. Not his, but mine. She also allowed him to come into her life. Not once has she came to check on me. Was she forgetting the fact that I existed?

I glared down to the ground, not knowing how to feel about my woman turning her back against me. Did she not remember that I could look into her life without warning? This was getting under my skin. I brought myself to stand up to sit upon the bed that was provided in the cell. Yes, I was in this prison cell, but I was still a prince. I still had the power to bestow what I needed until my title was torn from me. That was what I was waiting for Odin to do.

When I sat down on my bed, I continued to glare upon the floor. I will get her back, no matter what it took. Thor will not get closer to her, and I will do my hardest to get her to crawl back to me like the lost dog that she was.

I felt a presence before me, and my eyes slowly opened. Perhaps I have fallen asleep due to the rage that has fallen upon me? This was not a threatening presence, but a familiar one. I looked past the bars, seeing the woman that I have been watching over. A blank expression shown on her face as she studied me, and I simply tilted my head to the side in curiousness. Was she just here to stare at me like I was some caged animal?

“What do you want, Zenya?” I questioned, her name coming out my mouth like it was dripping poison. Her eyes gazed into mine, and we went into one of our silences whenever we did lock eyes with each other. She was trying to find an answer for something, but I kept a barrier to prevent her from seeing. Within her eyes I spotted the frustration and the confusion that she held. A sinister smile spread across my face, seeing that she looked defeated. She even looked exhausted.

I watched as she brought herself to the bars, holding onto them delicately as she kept looking at me. “I am confused with my feelings, Loki,” she told me now. A small laugh escaped my lips and she had a look of confusion. “Why do you laugh?”

“Because, my dear, you are weak. You are letting my brother come closer to you and I do not like that at all. Are you forgetting about me, Zenya? Why don’t you come visit me anymore? Are you not in love with me anymore?” I let the questions hit her, feeling no empathy towards the woman before me. She had left me to be with others. She did not come to me when I have called for her countless of times.

A fire burst behind her eyes as I questioned her, and that caused me to smirk in the slightest. My words getting to her head, as I wanted them to. “Why are you doubting me?” she questioned, and I noticed that she was gripping onto the metallic bars as her knuckles turned paler than she already was.

“Oh no, darling, do not play a fool with me,” I retorted, rising from the bed and moving over closer to the bars that held the distance between us. “You are the one pushing me away. I call for you, but you simply left me here alone while you lollygag with my brother.” A small gasp escaped her lips as she let go of the bars, taking two steps back and a guilty expression shown on her eyes. “Do you love my brother, Zenya? You cast me aside like I am nothing.”

“I do not love your brother,” she spoke softly, her eyes went to the ground. I could tell that she was ashamed for feeling the way that she did. “I only love you.” Her words were barely audible, but I could still hear her. If only she knew how much it hurt me to know that she was letting her heart be clouded over with my brother. Much like a human, her heart was fragile and weak. That sickened me. She was always so strong, independent and loyal, but now she was this weak being that I would have never guessed that she would become. All it took was Thor’s kind words to break her down. The more I thought of this, the angrier I became.

“You lie through your teeth,” I seethed, my gaze hard on her as she looked up at me in bewilderment, “You are falling in love with him! I was going to make you my queen, Zenya, I was going to love you like no other would. You are forgetting your place! You-”

“That is enough, brother!” a familiar voice boomed, and I looked up to see the Thunder God as he stomped towards the bars of my cage. “Do not speak to her in that way, Loki, she does not deserve it.” He looked towards me, making eye contact for a brief moment before looking towards my beloved. An anger surged through me when I saw him bring her in his arms as she trembled. Why had he been touching her? He always took the things that belonged to me. I did not want him to take away the only thing I had left in this realm.

He brought his gaze back to me, and I simply glared at him. “Thor, do not take her away from me,” I told him, speaking in a threatening voice.

“You made her this way,” my brother replied as he rubbed her back gently as she rested her head against his chest. This was causing rage to run through me. If I could, I would beat him to the ground for touching what was mine. “You do not deserve her.”

“Zenya, if you walk away with him, you are betraying me,” I spoke, ignoring my idiot brother as he soothed her trembling.

He whispered something in her ear, and she took a quick glance at me with sad eyes. Before I read her emotions, she looked up at him and soon look away as she started to walk away. My heart seemed to stop beating as she started to go farther away. She had whispered “I am sorry, Loki” before leaving the chamber completely.

My heart was being ripped apart. Everything seemed to turn around. Thor gave me a look, and I glared at him. This was his fault. My brother was taking the one I loved away from me. I was never going to forgive him for this. A sympathetic look crossed on his features, and I continued to glare. He spoke no words as he bowed his head before turning on his heel, following Zenya’s trail in a quick matter to catch up with her.

“Curse you both!” I shouted, hoping my yells were heard.

I felt defeated.

I lost the only thing that I had.

I sat myself upon the ground, burying my face in my hands. There was not a thing that I could do until I could get out of these bars. She was mine, not his. I loved her, he did not. Different thoughts floated in my head, making assumptions and accusations. What was there to do to bring her back to me? I really could not lose her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love more comments.
I really want to know how you feel about this story.