Status: long hiatus

How to Get Over AJ

chapter three

The bell rang, signaling the dismissal of the students. Everyone immediately got to their feet and jumped out of the door, bringing their bandfest clothes with them.

I was one of the few people here in STC who 'looked' like they were looking forward to the bandfest but deep down, they weren't.

Anna and I separated once we got to the main gate since she was going straight home whereas I, was going to wait for my cousin to arrive.

I looked around me and I saw the tents, stalls and the stage being set up. Of course, the student council would go all out on this. Even though it's the last day of school, this 'bandfest' would be the party of the year. Students from Ateneo to La Salle, UST to Miriam would be here.

A shrill voice interrupted my train of thought and I grimaced. I knew whose voice was that from a mile away.

"Kimi!"

I turned around and saw my cousin walking towards me. Then I noticed a guy was following her. Must be her new slave friend.

I didn't pay any attention to that since I knew my cousin wasn't the cheating type.

Nonetheless, I tried not to show her my grimace and instead, placed an awkward smile on my face.

"Hi, Kate." I slightly waved and tried not to wince when she pounced hugged me.

Kate was the epitome of perfection. Perfect hair, perfect face, perfect eyes, perfect body and perfect grades. She's a model for crying out loud. Think of having Megan Fox beside me.

"I missed you!" She pouted and held my shoulders. God, even when she pouted, she was cute. I'm having a girly crush on her now.

If you weren't my cousin, I wouldn't say I missed you, I thought. But instead of voicing out my thoughts, I said "I missed you too."

Her mouth suddenly formed an 'o' and she brought her hands together, "I forgot! This is AJ. Kimi, meet AJ. AJ, meet Kimi."

I faced him and awkwardly waved my hand. He was gorgeous, I tell you. Gorgeous. He had shaggy black hair, brown eyes and the nicest smile I have ever seen. Sweet mother of god.

I was supposed to say a normal 'hi' you know, but instead, my brain suddenly became a troll and I blurted out, "I like turtles."