Status: long hiatus

How to Get Over AJ

chapter six

20 minutes later, AJ and I were scouring the place for Kate. This was Kate's flaw, you know. She usually disappeared once surrounded by a crowd of people. Once, we were at this concert supporting a band that she was interested in and I was beside her the whole time. At least that was what I thought. When I looked beside me, I was met with a geeky looking guy, a huge smile plastered on his acne ridden face as he looked at me. I found her two hours later at the end of the concert, where she stood with a stranger.

I wasn't sure if they had done anything - maybe she was on the pill? At least then she'd be protected.

"Do you want to sit down?" AJ asked, breaking my train of thought.

"No." I replied, expecting him to walk again and keep on searching for Kate, but he just stood there staring at me.

We stood there staring at each other for a few minutes, before he opened his mouth to speak once more.

"Do you want to sit down now?"

"I'm not exactly sure yet."

It was another 10 minutes when he asked once more - this time I finally admitted to being tired.

I groaned and sat down on the stairs, "God, yes."

He followed me and sat down, looking at me with this smug smile on his pretty face.

"What bands are going to play later? Oh, and do me a favor? Wipe that smug smile on your face." I scowled at him.

He just grinned some more then asked, "Isn't this your school?"

"Yeah."

"Then why aren't you aware of the bands playing ?That doesn't make for a very good student."

I sighed and ran my hand through the my black locks, "Just answer the damn question."

He looked at his hands for a moment as though he was trying to count something. A few moments later, he looked at me and held up 4 fingers, "Chicosci, Urbandub, 6Cyclemind and Hale. I think Urbandub is gonna play in 5 minutes though."

My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when he said that. I immediately stood up, grabbed his hand and ran towards the gym where they were holding the concert.

I was dragging him towards the stage when he stated, "You like them."

I scoffed and continued dragging him until we got to the front and said, "Was it that obvious? Why? Don't you?"

"Well, they're in my top 5 list of Pinoy rock bands," he replied.

"Care to name all of them?"

"Top 1 is Urbandub. Followed by Pupil, Chicosci, Rico Blanco and Hale. 6Cycle is in the sixth place."

I nodded in approval and smiled at him, "You boy, have amazing taste in music. What about international bands? It could be indie, classic, pop or metal rock if you want."

He grinned at the compliment and then replied, "Top 1 is definitely Nirvana. Top 2 is a tie between The First and Avenged Sevenfold. Third, The Black Keys. Fourth is probably a tie between MCR, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, Panic and FOB. Fifth is Red Hot Chili Peppers and Anberlin."

For the second time that night, my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. I think I just found the boy of my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most of the Pinoy bands I listed have English songs. So if you want to check them out, it would be awesome.