Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Drug Of Choice

“Why'd you do that?" Harry asked sleepily. Looking down at my naked body, I blushed and snatched up a random shirt off the floor. When I slid it on I noticed it was Harry's grey shirt that had a red heart on the left chest pocket with Love written on it. 

“I, um...I have to go," I mumbled. I spotted my boy shorts at the end of the bed and put them on as if I was Flash. Without looking at him, I made my way out of the bedroom and toward the bedroom Lulu and I were supposed to be sharing. When I opened the door I almost screamed. There was Lulu and Zayn in the same bed with their clothes all over the bedroom floor. Oh dear Jesus. 

I immediately shut the door and went to the kitchen. In there was Niall who was stuffing his face with cereal. As soon as he saw me he stopped eating and moving. His hand that was holding a spoonful of cereal was in mid air as he stared at me. His eyes scanned over my appearance. 

“It happened didn't it?" I could only nod as tears stung my eyes. He beckoned me over so I went over and sat on his lap, his arms wrapping around me. “I didn't want it to happen like this," I said as tears fell from my eyes. “My dads going to fire me. The whole teenage population probably hates me."

“Oh babe, it's going to be okay," Niall cooed, holding me tighter and rubbing my back in a soothing manner. I really loved him for doing this. Sitting here like a good friend and listening to me cry. “And so what if he fires you and they hate you. You can still be friends with us, and me and the lads all love you so that's all that matters."

But it did matter. No ‘so what's' were going to make me feel better. It did matter if my dad fired me and everyone hated me. Him and the boys loving me didn't make any of this better. If my dad fired me I would have to find a job back in Joplin. I would no longer be a photographer, I would just be Veve the slut who slept with a member of a famous boyband she was on tour with. I didn't know if anyone would look at me any differently. I take that back, I did know they would look at me differently. 

This wasn't what I wanted to happen. Sure I had thought about it happening, but not this way. Not being plastered and someone drunkenly putting a picture on the internet of Harry and I kissing, and then us sleeping together. I hated myself for letting it happen. I never should have drank. 

“I'm sorry Niallkins," I cried into his shoulder. “I didn't mean for this to happen, I swear on it." 

He pulled me closer to him and kissed my hair. “Vevekins, please quit crying. I hate when you cry."

I tried to quit crying but I couldn't. I just kept my head buried in his shoulder, letting the tears wet his NYPD shirt. Right now this was what I needed to do. The tears needed to be let out. I normally kept my feelings bottled up, so this was new to everyone.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

I have never been so scared of a person in my entire life. My father was a man you didn't mess with. You never crossed him. If you did you were up shit creek without a paddle. I tried my hardest not to and had succeeded until last night. Kissing Harry and a picture ending up all over the internet. Sleeping with Harry. I couldn't believe I had slept with him. I didn't do that after only knowing a guy a month. I felt dirty. I felt like a slut.

When everyone got up yesterday they acted normal. Everyone except me, Harry, Lulu, and Zayn. Lulu wouldn't look at Zayn and I wouldn't look at Harry. I couldn't. I couldn't even be in the same room as him. I had only been talking to Niall, Liam, Louis, and Lulu. Harry had noticed and tried to question me, but Niall had come to my rescue. Niall seemed to be my knight in shining armour lately. 

“Hey Niallkins can you give me my phone?" He nodded and tossed me my ringing phone. It was my dad. “Hello Dad," I answered. 

“I will give you one chance to explain. Your mother informed me you would never do something like that on purpose and wouldn't do anything to put yor career in jepordy. So explain, now," he replied. 

Taking a deep breath, I started to explain. “We had got ahold of the alcohol in the mini bar of the penthouse we're in, and we started playing truth or dare. Lou dared Harry to kiss me and he did. It was only a small peck I swear on it Dad. After that, I didn't do anything else." 

After I rushed that out I took another deep breath as I felt tears start to sting the corner of my eyes. “Please don't fire me Daddy," I spoke softly, as my voice cracked a little. Me calling him daddy was not a common occurrence. I had only called him that when I was really little. 

“That's all? That's all that happened?"

“Yes Daddy." He sighed loudly, and I can just picture him running a hand through his curly blond hair. “I'm sorry," I whispered. 

“I know you are Princess." Princess. He hasn't called me that in years. I missed him calling me that. I may act like I don't like him, but deep down I do. He's my father afterall. I love him. Don't fire me. Please. His end of the line was quiet for a few minutes. It made my heart go crazy and my nerves get the best of me. 

“I'm not going to fire you Princess. But you only get one chance. Promise you won't mess it up. Promise me right now."

“I promise. I won't do anything to mess this up." With that said we told each other goodbye. When I hung up my phone Niall looked at me with an expecting gaze. “So?" He questioned.

“He said I could stay," I replied. He let out a loud ‘woohoo' and launched himself at me, landing on top of me on the bed. “Yes! I'm so excited! I love your dad! He's not on my shit list anymore!"

He pulled me up and we jumped around on the bed. He sang about how happy he was I was getting to stay. Sometimes I wonder about that boy. I really do. All of a sudden the door burst open and a throat was cleared. My Irish friend tried to turn around mid-jump but ended up knocking into me which caused me to fall back and grab onto him on instinct, so we both ended up in a heap on the bed. 

“Oooowwwwww," we groaned. Niall moved a little and groaned out louder. “Shit. My potatoes." 

His potatoes? What in the world is he talking about? “What're you talking about Niall?" Harry's voice asked. So that was who opened the door and made all of this happen. 

“My potatoes. Veve's knee is pushing on my potatoes and I'll never be able to make little potato chips when I'm older," he strained. Pushing on his potatoes? Little potato chips? What is he...OH! I quickly removed my knee from between his legs and scooted out from underneath him. “Sorry Niallkins," I apologized. He shook his head as he held his crotch. Probably hurts too much to talk. Or do much of anything for that matter. 

Sitting up, I noticed Harry had left. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and laid back down on the bed. Not even a second later he came back with a ziploc bag filled with ice and tossed it at Niall. He gingerly picked it up and placed it where his hands used to be. It was awkward. Beyond fucking awkward. I hadn't even spoken or looked at Harry since we slept together. Harry moved to sit beside me, but I immediately stood up and started for the door. A loud sigh emmitted from him. 

“Veve, babe--" He started, but I cut him off. 

“I gotta go sort through pictures with Lulu." And with that I was out of that room like my ass was on fire. I really did have pictures to sort through, but I also needed to talk to the boys' manager John about getting off for our prom this month. Lulu was in the kitchen area with John. When I got in there I plopped down beside John. 

“So what is it you ladies needed to talk to me about?" He asked with his British accent. I could listen to their accents all the damn time. “About our prom this month. It's the twenty first, so a week from today," Lulu replied.

He nodded. “We were wondering if we could have that day off and go back home for the weekend. We'd fly back to wherever we are that Monday morning," I explained. 

He nodded again. “Yeah, that's fine with me. Just as long as you're back before Monday night. I want a bunch of pictures though. Wanna see how prettyful you look in your fancy dresses." He was like our big brother. He actually reminded me of my older cousin Tyson. He was protective of me and Lulu, but liked to tease us too. He may be thirty like Tyson, but they were like little kids at heart. They knew when to be serious though. Both overwhelmed with excitement we jumped up and flanked him on both sides in hugs. 

“Thank you John! Can we take Louis, Niall, and Liam and go shopping for dresses?" When he agreed we thanked him again and hollered for the boys. They came in the kitchen dressed like they normally were; Niall in khaki skinny jeans that were sagging, a red shirt, and red Supras, Louis in red skinny jeans rolled up at the ankle, his striped boat shirt, and white low top Converse to match, Liam in dark wash skinny jeans to a little sag, plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and white low top Converse also. 

“Yes m'ladies?" Niall asked, chomping on an apple. I sent him a look that said ‘chew-with-your-mouth-closed' making him shut his mouth and chew. I hated when people chewed with their mouth full. “Wanna go to the mall and help us pick out prom dresses?" I asked. 

They thought about it for a minute before nodding. John said he'd send two bodyguards; Paul and Sam. When we went to change Louis asked if he could pick out our clothes. What could it could hurt? I nodded while Lulu said no, making him pout but he hurried in our room nonetheless. He hollered out not even a few minutes later saying he was finished. I grabbed the clothes he shoved in my arms and almost tripped when he pushed me in the bathroom. Damn men. 

When I got dressed and actually saw what he picked out I busted out laughing. I'm like his freakin' mini me. Lulu took one look at me when I walked out of the room and whipped out her phone. “Louis, get over here and pose with Veve!" She shouted. He came bounding in the hall and skidded to a stop. 

“Photoshoot!" He screamed. He threw his arms around me and planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek. Once she snapped a picture he unhooked his arms from around me and lifted his leg up like he was kicking, so I put my arm around his neck and did the same. We looked like we were in a line kicking our legs up like those dancers. We did a few more before we decided to leave for the mall. On our way out the door Harry stopped us. 

Dammit all! 

"Where are you guys going?" He questioned. 

“To the mall to get the girls prom dresses," Niall replied. Him and his fucking mouth. As soon as prom dresses left his mouth I could feel Harry's eyes on me. I risked a look but regretted it. He looked like shit. His eyes held a little hurt. “Why are you getting prom dresses?" He finally asked.

“John's letting us go home for our prom next weekend," I replied. “We promised Zack we'd be there." At the mention of Zack, his mouth formed a straight line. 

“So are you going with him?" Before I could answer, Lulu grabbed my shoulders and guided me to the door. “We're leaving. If you're coming, you better hurry your asses up!" She hollered over her shoulder.

She's so lovely ain't she? 

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“Oh my goooooood," Niall groaned from his spot on the dressing room floor. He was literally laying in the middle of the dressing room floor. Louis and Liam were out looking for more dresses. Harry and Zayn -yes he came too- were sitting on the chairs in the dressing room messing on their phones. Lulu and I had tried on at least ten dresses and nothing was appealing to us. The lady at the hotel front desk said this was the best place in town to get prom dresses, so this was where we came. 

“How long does it take you to find two dresses?" Niall questioned, holding up two fingers. I rolled my eyes and stood with the door open still in the hideous lime green colored, floor length, poofy dress. Why Liam had even got this off the rack was beyond me. I looked like a damn lime! I don't want to look like a lime at my senior prom! 

“How long does it take you to quit being annoying?" Lulu asked. She stood with her hands on her hips as a bright orange, floor length, straight dress covered her body. We looked like a lime and an orange. Lovely...not really. 

“Well," he huffed. Louis and Liam finally came back with four dresses each. They handed them to us and told us to try them on. I got out of the lime dress easily and slid on the first dress. It was too pale. The next one was too long. The next one was too girly. And the last one, oh the last one. It was perfect. It was short and just plain gorgeous. I slipped it on and twirled around making the tulle skirt fly up. I must have stared at it for quite a while because someone knocked on the door. 

“Are you okay babe?" Harry. 

“Yeah, I'm fine. Just looking at my dress," I replied. I opened the door and stepped out, noticing everyone was gone including Lulu who's dressing room was empty. “Where'd everyone go?" 

He pointed to the doorway. “They're looking for shoes and jewelry." He looked up at me and met my gaze, his jade eyes making my heart go crazy. He didn't even know what he did to me. “You look beautiful."

A blush appeared on my face against my will. He took a step forward, his hand coming up and his fingers ghosting over my cheek. My eyes closed on instinct as I leaned into his touch. I shouldn't be doing this. I really shouldn't be doing this. My dads only giving me one more chance. If I mess that up I'm screwed. But I couldn't stop. He was like a drug I was addicted to. I was an addict and he was my drug of choice. Soft lips met mine making my heart speed up. My lips moved in sync with his as my hands found themselves tangled in his curly locks. His lips were so familiar to me. His touch was so familiar to me. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing after what happened and what my dad told me.

As much as I didn't want to pull away, I had to. My lungs were screaming for air and I had to breathe. His hands cupped my face as his left thumb ran over my swollen lips. “Are you ignoring me because of what happened the other night?" He asked softly. 

“No," I lied. He saw through it. And he called me out on it. “Yes you are. Tell me why."

My eyes casted downward to stare at his chest. When my eyes moved down his neck to get to his chest I saw a hickey and another one on his collarbone. His vneck left them on display for the whole world to see. I did that. I left my mark on him. I didn't know if I should be proud and boast about it to Lulu and Syn, or be ashamed.  

“'Cause I don't sleep with a guy after only know him a month and I felt like a slut," I mumbled. “I still feel like a slut."

He sighed. “Babe, don't feel like a slut, because you sure as hell aren't. And it takes two people to tango, so it's not just your fault. We never should have started drinking in the first place."

And he was right. We never should have had Chris buy us alcohol. “I deactivated my Twitter before we left."

He looked at me with furrowed brows. “Why'd you do that?"

I stared at him with an incredulous look. How could he not know? He practically lives on Twitter for Christ sakes! “Your fans were saying rude and mean things to me. They even sent me death threats. I'm not even fucking dating you and they're wishing I'd go get hit by a damn eighteen wheeler," I replied. 

After seeing what some of his fans said, I couldn't take it. Normally I could but with everything that's been going on I just deactivated it. Zack and a bunch of my other friends and family who had Twitter accounts texted and called. That was after the phonecall with my dad. I didn't even dare look on my Facebook. It was private but with some of the girls I was friends with on there, I knew they had more then likely put nasty stuff on my wall. My photography website -thank god- was down for renovations. Thank you Gavin for deciding to get off your lazy butt and make it all beautimous after weeks of begging.

“Don't listen to anything they say," he stated. “They're just jealous that you have me and they don't." But I don't have him.

“But I don't," I murmured, finally looking up at him. Maybe he'd take that as a hint. A hint that I wanted more then just a friendship. Screw my dads rules and second chances. He didn't have to know. And he wouldn't if I had anything to do about it. I wanted to date him. I wanted to be able to say Harry Styles was my boyfriend not just my friend. 

“But you can," he murmured, running his fingertips down the side of my face. I swear I almost died. My heart was beating out of control, my mind was going a mile a minute, and butterflies had taken over my insides. “Would you like to be my girlfriend Veronica?" 

“I....I'd l-love too," I stuttered. A huge smile spread across his face as he dipped his head down and crashed his lips to mine. 

“Pay up sucka!" Niall exclaimed. “I knew they'd make-up and start dating!" 

Louis started grumbling, as did the other four. “Why can't I keep my loud mouth shut? I just had to start a bet and bet me not screaming or being loud for a week," Louis grumbled to himself.

“You're mad? I have to massage his feet!" Liam spoke up. 

“I have to be his damn maid and wear a maid costume," Lulu grumbled. Zayn snorted and said, “Well I have to give him two hundred dollars."

Niall had a smug look on his face the entire time. “Quit your whining and get ready to pay up. I'll want a foot massage as soon as we get back to the hotel, some relaxation time from Louis's loudness, some lunch from the help, and my money," he stated. “By the way, I'm so happy for you two! Vevekins and HarHarkins, together forever!" He made a heart with his hands and held it out toward us.

He worries me. Makes me question his sexuality sometimes. He has gay tendencies. Then again, don't all men?
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like that?! All I gotta say is, FINALLY! Can anyone think of nicknames for then sicne they're a couple now? Like Speidi and all that shit. I can't think of one for the life of me.

Image