Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Undercover Lover

If it's one thing I hated about planes it's the takeoff and the landing. I take that back, I hated everything about flying. I was afraid of heights and I somehow always got stuck with the window seat. Lulu wouldn't trade with me since she was afraid of heights too, so I kept the little window cover closed, listened to music, read a book, or slept with the help of Dramamine. The kind that makes you drowsy.

As soon as the plane landed at the KC airport and we were let off, I fell to the ground and kissed it. “Oh my Jesus! Solid ground, how I love you! I'm never leaving you again."

“What about when we leave Monday?" Lulu questioned. I can just see the smirk on her face now. The little bitch. “Fuck you Caroline."

She gasped and punched me in my shoulder, making me yell out. “Abuse! Abuse! Security guards! Paul Blart wannabes, I'm being abused over here!" I exclaimed. The few people around us stared and sent us dirty looks to which we just smiled and waved. Nobody came to my rescue. Assholes. Glad a terrorist wasn't abusing me or anything. God forbid anyone care about a girl getting hit by another girl. 

“Shut up and help me find Kohl and Gavin," she said. We got our bags at bagage claim and searched for my lovely older brothers. A couple minutes later we spotted them leaning against one of the bannisters looking like they were asleep. We snuck up and were about to slap them but they both spoke at the same time. 

“Don't even think about it," they spoke together, not opening their eyes. Dude. That was seriously creepy as fuck. “That was creepy as fuck," Lulu spoke. I don't know how many times I'll say this but, she's a mind reader. She really is Yoda.

“You should know by now that we have eyes everywhere," Kohl spoke as they finally opened their eyes. I dropped my bags and launched myself at them. I missed them after not seeing them for almost two months. They may be a pain in my ass but I loved 'em. Tears gathered in my eyes as they held onto me as if they would never see me again. “I missed you Vero," they mumbled. 

“I missed you guys too," I mumbled back, keeping my tears at bay. We stayed like that for a few minutes before we released each other and they greeted Lulu much the same. Once our little reunion was over the guys got our bags and we followed them out to Kohl's Tahoe. I had no clue why he had to have his car murdered out, as he called it. I mean, it looked like he was going to be doing a driveby. Although I must say, it does look pretty cool. If someone gave me a car like that I wouldn't object. 

“Oh my lord," Lulu groaned. “Nice comfortable seats." We were both in the backseat while Kohl and Gavin put our bags in the back. I let out a groan and sat back with my eyes closed. It was midnight and I needed sleep. And now.

Show off your hats
Show off your tatts
Show off your arms, legs, chest, show off your back
Snapbacks and tattoos--
 

I was woke up by the annoying loud ringing of my phone. Why in gods name was Niall calling me? Before I could answer, Gavin had taken my phone and answered for me. Ass. 

“Melbourne Sperm Bank, you spank it, we bank it! How may I help you?" He answered in an Australian accent. Really Gavin? Kohl snorted as he drove down the practically empty highway and tried to keep his laughs to a minimum. “Yes sir, she's here. May I ask who's speaking?....Niall Horan, her best mate. I've never heard of you before. I'm sorry sir, but--"

“Gavin you dickweed, give me my phone!" I shouted, reaching into the passenger seat trying to get it back. Lulu jumped awake, shouting, “I like it rough!" I don't even want to know what she was dreaming about. Kohl, surprised, jerked the wheel almost making us go into the guardrail which made Gavin lose the grip on my phone. As it flew up in the air, I snatched it with my ninja skills and held it to my ear as Kohl got the car back under control.

“Niall? You still there?" I questioned. 

“Um...yeah. Who answered your phone?" 

“Dumbass Gavin. He decided to take it upon himself and answer my phone," I replied. “Whatcha callin' me for?"

“Who's Gavin? Oh, um, just wanted to call and see if you had made it home okay. Harry's been worried since you haven't called and your plane was supposed to land an hour and twenty nine minutes ago. And yes he has the minutes counted down." 

I heard Harry in the background yell, “Oi! I have not you liar! He's lying Veve!" I giggled and shook my head. Only they would be this loud and awake at this hour. It was almost two am here, and they're in New Orleans which means it's the same time. How can they not be dead tired from the show they just played? I'm dead tired and I didn't even perform.

“Well there's no need to worry. We got here fine and are thirty or so minutes from home. What're you guys doing up this late?" I asked with a yawn. 

“Oh nothin', just drivin' around." He answered vaguely. They didn't just drive around. Especially in a city they'd never been to before. John wouldn't let them. 

My eyebrows scrunched together. “John's letting you drive around New Orleans by yourselves? At two am?" 

“Yeah, somethin' like that. Quit poking me, Styles! Shit! Fine! You can talk to your bird! Harry's wanting to talk to you, so I gotta get off of my phone. Love you Vevekins."

“Love you too Niallkins," I replied. After a little bit of shuffling, Harry's deep voice came through the speaker. “Hey babe," he spoke. 

“Love you too Niallkins," Kohl teased in a high pitched voice. I lifted my foot and kicked him in his right arm. “Fuck you Kohlson. Keep your attention on the road in front of you."

“Christ almighty, Veronica! Leave a shoe impression on my arm!" He shouted. Lulu groaned and shushed him, mumbling something about sleeping. He made a face while still paying attention to the road. Gavin was too busy messing on his phone to be worried about me abusing Kohl. 

“Everything okay?" Came Harry's voice. I was brought back to the phone and sighed. “Yeah, sorry. Kohl was being an ass. Why'd you wanna talk to me?"

“Just wanted to talk. Is it a crime to want to talk to my bird?" 

Bird? Excuse me? “Bird? What the hell does that mean?"

His deep chuckle made butterflies errupt in my stomach. “It means girl. You're my girl."

My girl. I was his girl. That was still weird to hear him say. It just...it blew my mind. I don't think I'd ever get used to it. 

“Oh okay. But no, it's not a crime. Can I ask you a question?" When he said I could I continued. “Did you and the guys sneak out after John went to sleep to go driving?" 

“Um, no. Why do you think that?" He was a horrible liar. A really horrible liar. “You need to go to liar school. Like I'm not even joking."

“Liars go to hell whoever you are!" Gavin shouted. This time Lulu stayed asleep. Kohl told him to shut the fuck up or his ass would be hitch hiking back home. He shut his loud mouth. “I'm not lying. I swear on it love."

“Whatever, lie to me if you want. We're almost home, so I gotta go," I replied. He let out a groan of displeasure. “But I don't want you to go. I wanna talk to you."

“Bye Hazza." With that said I hung up and slid my phone back in my purse. Kohl snorted and shook his head. Gavin being the idiot he is said, “That sounds like whaaaaaaz uuuuup from Scream."

“Shut up Gavin." And that's why some people can't stand their brothers.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“Mom!" I yelled. “Tell Kohl to quit!" 

He was in the living room on his laptop while my cousin Tyson's wife Kandy, fixed my hair for prom tonight. He was looking up stuff on One Direction and making fun of them, calling them gay and all that. Basically what any guy says about them. Gavin was still asleep upstairs but he wouldn't be for long. We were a loud family. We liked to shout. It was in our genes.

“Kohlson Roy Slaughter, quit whatever you're doin'!" She yelled from the kitchen. I made a face and stuck my tongue out at him to which he did the same thing. Lulu was too busy watching cartoons and getting her hair done by my other cousin Amanda who was also a hairstylist, to pay our sibling spat any attention. 

“You're such a tattle tail," he muttered. I snorted. “Takes one to know one."

He went to say something -most likely sarcastic- but was cut off by the doorbell ringing. My mom hollered she would get it before Kohl could even think about getting up. She could be heard walking to the door and running into the coat rack by the entry way that she always ran into. And even after it being there since we moved into this house five years ago. 

“God dammit. Son of a bitch ass whore." And yes that's really what my mother just said. 

“Watch out for that coat hanger Mom," Kohl and I called out together. “We just put it there." And I can just see her flipping us the bird. Lovely right? 

I can't believe that I'm back home getting ready for my senior prom. This is unreal. I pictured myself going with my boyfriend, not my two best friends. Don't get me wrong, I love Zack and Lulu and see nothing wrong with going with them, but I always remember going to my older cousins proms and seeing them with their boyfriends or girlfriends. I always thought my senior prom I would go with my boyfriend, but I can't. My boyfriend is in New Orleans doing his job, and being famous too. Having an international popstar as my date to prom probably wouldn't go over well anyways. So I'll stick with my best friends, and we'll blow the roof off of that damn place while we're at it. 

“Oh my Jesus! I'm so glad you guys made it!" I rolled my eyes at my moms loud voice. “It's so nice to finally meet you guys. Come on in. Oh, I cain't believe I'm actually getting to meet y'all. Wait until I tell Bug."

I hope she doesn't scare whoever it is off since she's obviously just meeting them. I also hope it isn't a serial killer or rapist or something. God knows she can't defend herself physically. She's like a little baby. She can't fight period. She refuses to actually. I wonder where I get my willingness to fight all the time. She continued to ramble, her voice and a few others getting closer by the second. 

“Mom, who's here?" Kohl called out. Instead of answering she stepped in the living room with people following her. People who I didn't expect to see. People I didn't expect to see in my house at all. There stood Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn by the doorway of my living room. What in the world?

“Dude," Kohl mumbled, staring at them shocked. I'm sure the expression on my face matched his to a tee. Lulu still had yet to notice them. She was too busy watching Johnny Bravo. 

Niall waved. “Hey Veve! Surprised?" 

“Um.....yeah." Kandy announced she was finished with my hair and allowed me to get up. I did and made my way over to the guys. I didn't care about checking out my hair, I wanted to know why they were here. And why they didn't tell me when they called me at two am. When I reached them Niall engulfed me in a hug. “It felt like ages since I last saw you Vevekins."

When he released me I reached out and punched his shoulder, repeating the action with the other four. 

“Ow! What'd you do that for?" Liam asked, rubbing his shoulder. I narrowed my eyes at them while my mother told me to quit hitting our guests and apologize. “Quiet mother, I'm busy being Mommy Direction. And as for you five, that's for not telling me you were you coming! Y'all lied to me!"

And here comes my moms real mom side. “Veronica Ryan, tell them sorry right now or you aren't going to the prom tonight."

All five of them smirked. They thought it was funny I was getting in trouble by my mother like a little five year old. I turned around and stared at my mom. “But Mom--" She cut me off.

“No buts, now either apologize right now or I'm taking your phone and prom from you." I let out a groan and said, “Fine, but Kohl's behind you making faces!" 

Turning back to face the boys, I apologized. “Sorry for punching you. It was very rude of me. I hope you accept my apology." They all did except Louis. He was being an extra big ass today. And I just wanted to punch him again. 

“Nah, don't think I will. I happen to dislike being punched," he spoke all the while a mischevious twinkle in his eyes. I snarled, while pointing a finger at him. “Watch yourself Tomlinson. Watch yourself. This is my turf, you're on my playing field now."

Harry chuckled. “I'd be scared for my life mate."

Moving on from that, I turned my attention back to the rest of them. “Now care to explain why you're here? Does John know? Or did you tie him up and put him in a closet?"

“Well Mummy," Zayn started. “Harry and I wanted to take you and Lulu to your prom, so we had John call your dad  but he refused. And so we kinda came down here against his wishes. But John called your mum to tell her and she said she'd pay for our hotel. And here we are. Surprise!" 

What I wanna know is how they got down here. They obviously didn't drive here by themselves. If they did they would have gotten lost before they left New Orleans. Joplin was a small town that hardly anyone had heard of before the tornado last year. Most people still didn't know about it after that. And that's why people got lost if they were trying to come here. An even smaller town to get to and get lost while going there is Webb City. It's one of those small towns only known for their high school football team.

“Chris drove us in case you're wondering," Liam spoke. 

“Thanks for the info Yoda two."

I can't believe my boyfriend is taking me to prom.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

Harry stepped out of the black hummer limo, and then helped me out. I smoothed down my dress a little and fixed his purple bowtie. He had on a black suit, nice black shoes, a white button up, a purple bowtie to match the purple in my dress, and his hair in it's usual curly mess. Zayn stepped out in his all black attire and helped Lulu out. 

Everyone was crowded around the sidewalk in front of one of the many buildings of the college. Missouri Southern was where we had our proms. It was also where we would have our graduation this year. Students in their dresses and suits stood around talking with parents and family members. Some of the parents were taking pictures of their kids all fixed up. I knew that was coming when my mom and brothers got here. I just knew it.

Almost forty or so minutes later we had our prom pictures taken from both my mother and the photographer they hired, and everyone was out on the dance floor dancing. That was everyone but Zack. He had just went up to the DJ booth and took over. As soon as the next song came on I instantly knew it was his song Beast Mode.

“I'm surprised no ones noticed me," Harry spoke in my ear as he held my hips, keeping my back against his chest. I looked at him over my shoulder and grinned. “Don't say anything. You'll jinx it. Now let's dance! I wanna party like it's 1989!"

Yeah
It seems like the world is testin me
Will I conquer or will it get the best of me
Half of the world sees success in me
The half other is second guessin me

But I kid you not don't mess with me
Cause I think I got something possed in me
No matter what I'm gonna give what's left in
I didn't choose this life it was destiny

Now I'm feelin like I might go psycho
Stand back cause I'm feelin like I might blow
Slim chance but I'm puttin up a fight though
They tell me this the wrong path but I know it's right though
I'm Bout to pick up the world and shake it
Throw it to the ground and laugh as I break it
Let the whole world know that I'm gonna make it
And if you don't give it to me then I'm gonna take it

BEAST MODE I'M IN BEAST MODE

Gunnin for the top cock back reload
I'm a new man with a new attitude
But don't get me wrong I'm still me though
I'm all in now, I aint bluffin
I risk everything regret nothin
My determinations disgustin
So everyday my ass I'm bustin

Lemme take ya back, break it down
Just a couple more months then college bound
Got a scholarship, my bags were packed
Then my world turned upside down
When I got that phone call so shockin
I thought my heart was stoppin
Are you serious? This a one in life time opportunity knockin
But wait, what now? I thought I had my life figured out
Everything I was once sure about was now skepticizim and doubt
Almost lose control lost sanity

Meanwhile my friends abandoned me
I felt lost in the world for a little bit
I had nobody but my family
But I bounced back and got in the zone
Last nights just me and the microphone
My friends were off at college while I was right here sittin here at home
They were partying I was cuttin tracks
They were goin out I was makin stacks
This the road I choose so you know I'm gonna walk it
Proudly and never look back

Now fast forward a couple years
Most of my fears have dissapreaed
After the blood the sweat the tears I dedicate this right here
To all my nonbelievers and haters

Y'all doing me nothin but favors
Keep talkin, I can't hear you
Someone go get me a translator
It used to get to me, to the old me
Think you can do it better? Then show me

Those who know me least have the most say
Don't judge me if you don't know me
Whether I'm a billioanire or flat broke
You think that matters? Is that a joke
If you aint got talent, you really think the money
Will get you anywhere? Nope

Oh, you wanna play music monopoly
I've mastered the game no toppin
Takin over the world why the money adds up
I'm just passin go there's no stoppin me
I worked so hard, I earned it
It's mine now and I'll never return it
Ima do it, Ima do it so damn big
Everyday my fans confirm it

So blast off I'm outta here
Outta this world to the atmosphere
So long, I'm gone
Beena hell of a ride what a year
This just the start the beginnin
The top of the very first innin
No need for a call to the bull pen bottom of the 9th
And I'll still be winnin

What I went through, it was worth it all
All the times being pinned up against the wall
Tryin to please my family, friends, and fans
When it's all said and done after all
I gotta do what's right for me
I gotta chase after this dream
I'm so proud of us how we far came
Me and my whole damn team

Yeah I'm just doin my best
For real I feel so blessed
I think somebodys watchin over me
Tell me world did I pass your test
Did I do this right? Please tell me
I need you now, please help me
Cause life don't come with no manual
I played the cards that you dealt me
My life is on the line, everytime I rhyme
Always on my grind, 24/7

So much on my mind, someone please remind
Me that I'll be fine, where am I headin
To da fans, my life I owe you
So close to my heart I hold you
But to anyone who ever doubted me
I'm so proud to say that I told you


Once the song was over Zack picked up the mic and said, “How we doin'? We gonna party like it's thirty twelve tonight? See what I just did there? I pulled a Justin Bieber on you guys." Everyone in the crowd cheered loudly.

Oh god. I swear, he was stupid. He said he hated Justin Bieber but he knew some of his lyrics. Didn't make sense. Unless........he was a closet JB fan. Yep, that's what he is. He's a closet JB fan. JB undercover lover! Harry's chuckle shook my body making me smile. If only we could be like this all the time and not have to worry about anyone finding out. Me in his arms felt right. They were familiar and I liked that. 

“Now that we've had our ear drums busted, I want to dedicate this next song to someone special to me. This is for my best friend, Veve who is a 1D undercover lover!" He shouted, then started the music. He's a dick off. And yes I said dick off, it's my own saying I made up especially for him. And what in the name of Christ was this? It wasn't One--OH MY GOD! He knows I hate this song! Call Me Maybe makes me want to stap my ears with ice picks. I'm gonna kill him. And wait a minute...there's some WMYB. 

It sounded pretty good other then the beginning which sounded like a dying cat. And Harry seemed to like it. I'm gonna have to see who did this remix and get it on my phone. Harry and I continued to dance, not having a care in the world. I wish it could be like this all the time. 

“And you've got that one thing," I sang along. Harry still had my back to his chest as we danced. I jumped a little when I felt his warm lips on the tender skin of my neck. He shouldn't do that. He shouldn't risk it. “Harry, you--" I cut myself off with a soft moan as he nipped and sucked on that one spot where my shoulder met my neck. 

Damn him. 

“What were you sayin' love?" His husky voice asked in my ear. His breath hit my ear making a shiver roll down my body. Again, damn him. “Q-Quit," I stammered.

I felt his smirk against my ear. Prick. His hands released my hips and turned me around; both of them resting on my ass. When my eyes met his I almost melted right then and there. 

“That didn't sound very convincing," he teased. “Wanna try that again?" All I could do was shake my head which made his smirk grow. 

“Wanna get out of here?" I nodded not trusting my voice. He grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers and let me guide him through the hoard of sweaty, dancing teenagers to the exit. So much for staying for my whole senior prom.  
♠ ♠ ♠
This would have been out sooner, but I've been really busy. I also got a job at the Buckle so I probably won't be on as much, but I swear I'll try to update any chance I get. I don't want to leave y'all hangin'. Changed my username.....whatcha think?

Image
I hope he didn't dance like this at his prom. xD