Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Liar, Liar

“Hurry up guys!" I hollered from my spot on the bed in Harry's hotel room. 

All the boys were going with me and Lulu to my cousins baseball game in Joplin. They were from Webb City and I tried to go to every game I could. With this being an extra team he was on they had games on Sunday's in the afternoons and evenings.

“I swear to Christ, they're worse then girls," Lulu muttered from her spot at the table. I snorted but agreed. They were worse then girls. 

“At least we look good," Louis spoke as he walked out of the bathroom. His hair was in it's usual mess and he had on skinniss with suspenders. No one around here wore suspenders except old grandpas. He is going to get so much shit from the boys on the team. After he came out the rest of them seemed to file out like little ducklings following their momma. How they all squeezed in that tiny bathroom was beyond me. Like a bunch of clowns in a clown car. 

“Freakin finally," I grumbled. “Come on, let's go." Now it was time for them to follow me and Lulu. When we reached my brothers blacked out SUV, that my mother made him lend me, they all climbed in. Lulu called shotgun way before we got back to the hotel after going home and changing so she sat up front with me while Harry, Louis, and Niall got the middle and Liam and Zayn got the very back. 

As soon as I pulled out of the parking lot my road rage was in full force. I've been told I need help with my road rage. I've had it since I was thirteen. My mother was the reason for that. I was that person who would blare their horn at people who were going slow or shit like that. I would do a brake check if the car behind me was riding my ass. I would flip people the bird. And I would yell out my window. This is my main thing about drivers; if you're over seventy your license should be taken away. Simple as that. 

“Is she always like this?" Zayn questioned. Lulu nodded, turning around in her seat. “It's worse now 'cause all the bible thumpers are getting out of church," she replied. 

“The speed limit is twenty five!" I shouted. “Two-five!" I did the numbers with my fingers through the windshield so the person in front of me could see me in their rear view mirror.  They got over making me mumbled a ‘thank god' and speed past them. We had fifteen minutes to get to the baseball field and if I had to get pulled over, I'd be outrunning the damn cops. 

The rest of the way there I kept my window rolled up, per Lulu's request, and tried to keep my road rage under control. It worked for the most part. I would grip the steering wheel so tight my knuckles turned white. It also helped that I imagned I was strangling the stupid drivers. I know, I'm a violent person but I get it from my mother and brothers. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot and got out I had my camera bag ready. My aviators were covering my eyed as the others put their sunglasses on too. It was a sunny Sunday with a little breeze making it a good day to take baseball pictures. I paid the fourteen dollars to get in, and guided the boys up to the bleachers. We found a good spot up by the score keepers box thing and sat down. Harry sat down and went to pull me down with him but I shook my head. 

“I gotta go say hi to everyone, and then Imma take pictures down there by the dugout because the net fucks up my pictures from up here," I explained. He nodded and gripped my chin, pulling my face down to meet his. Our lips met in a short, sweet kiss that made me all giddy. Louis, Liam, and Niall started making kissy faces as I turned and walked away. Harry could be heard telling them to shut up. 

“Dayton Lewis!" I hollered as I walked in the dugout. My cousin Dayton looked up from joking around with his friend and grinned great big when he saw me. “Holy shit, Vee! What the hell are you doing here?!" He asked as he hugged me. 

I looked up at his six foot two frame and grinned. “Thought I'd surprise you. How's it feel being a sophomore now and being able to drive?" 

“Fuckin awesome," he replied with a smirk. “Get to pick up all the ladies in my car." Him and that car of his. He was like Kohl and had to have it all fixed up. It was a white Yukon like Kohls, had black wheels, limo tint windows, tail light covers, a badass system, it was lowered a little, and all that good stuff. 

“Swag mobile right?" He nodded and threw his arm around my shoulder, leading me out on the field. “Ay yo Ian! Look who I found!" He shouted. His friend Ian who was sixteen, the same age as him and had a major crush on me, stopped pitching in the practice box. When he saw me he screamed like the idiot he is and started running toward me. 

“Oh there's my sexy lady! I was wonderin' where you were!" He shouted when he reached me. “When we gonna get married and get it in?" He was by the far the most perverted person I have ever met. After knowing him for six years I'm used to it though. His loud voice for sure carried to the the bleachers meaning Harry and the guys probably heard what he said. I hope he doesn't get jealous and all mad about it. 

I shoved him a little. “When you're legal," I spoke.

“Legal's for pussys," he smirked down at me. “Illegal's for beasts. YOLO!"

I arched an eyebrow at him. “Did you just YOLO me?" 

“I think I did." 

“Yeah well, FISH." Ian and Dayton looked at me with furrowed brows. Before they could ask what it meant I told them. “Fuck it shit happens." 

“That don't...that's worse then YOLO," Dayton stated. I narrowed my eyes at him. “Shut it DayDay. Now get over here so we can take a picture. I need a new one for my Facebook." They stood on either side of me and Dayton took my phone, holding it out and taking our picture. 

Right after it was taken their coach hollered at them. I hurried off the field after saying hi to the other players who were also my friends and went to the picnic table by the dugout. “You better be cheerin' me on, beautiful!" Ian yelled. 

I waved him off and got my camera ready. When I got it all ready I started snapping pictures of Ian practice pitching and Dayton catching. Arms wrapped around my waist making me jump. “Who is that kid?" Harry asked. 

I turned to look at him over my shoulder. “My friend, why?" 

“He's a dick," he grumbled. I smirked. Could he be jealous? Harry Styles jealous of a little sixteen year old? Alert the press! “Are you jealous?

“No!" He answered too quickly. I stepped away from him. “So you wouldn't care if I went out there and agreed to go on a date with him after years of him begging?" I asked, starting to walk that way. His hands gripped my waist and pulled me back into him making me chuckle. 

“That's what I thought."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

Leaving my family was never a good experience. I knew I would see them again, but it was still the fact that I wasn't going to be able to talk to them face to face for three months. Sure they got on my nerves at times but I loved them and they were my family.

My mom was my best friend and my brothers were too. I could tell them anything, well not my brothers if it involved boys, but my mom, I could tell her anything. I told her who my first kiss was. Who I had crushes on. Who I was dating. Who I lost my virginity too. And we could just sit around and talk about nothing in general and have a good time. 

I stood in the airport with tears in my eyes, but I did my best to hide them. Kohl was the first to notice them, wrapping his arms around me. I buried my head in his chest as a few fell from my eyes. “I don't wanna go, Kohl," I mumbled. 

He hugged me tighter, kissing my hair. “I know you don't Vee, I don't want you too either, but you have too." 

I shook my head. “I don't wanna. I don't wanna leave you, Gav, or Mom. I miss you guys," I mumbled. 

“We'll miss you too," he mumbled. “Don't forget this is hard on us too. My Angel baby is going away for three months." 

Ever since I was born, he's called me his angel baby. He said I was pretty like an angel and said that made me an angel baby. It's stuck with me since then. “Go give Gav and Mom a hug, your plane is about ready to board."

I moved on to give my mom and Gavin a hug which lasted until they called out to board our plane. Leaving them was something I hated about this job. This may make me sound like a momma's girl, but if I'm anywhere without my mom I feel weird. I know some of you are probably saying cut the cord, but she was basically the only parent I had growing up. Most of my time was spent with her. I wasn't the normal daddy's girl, I was a momma's girl. 

“Don't cry babe." Harry's hands wiped away my tears as we sat down in first class. I just let out a small sniffle. “I can't help it Har. I'm going to miss them."

He nodded, pulling me into a hug. “I know babe, but you'll get to see them again in a couple months. Let's try and make the rest of this tour amazing, yeah?" 

I nodded and kissed his shirt covered chest. “I'll try."

I'd try but I didn't know if it would work. My family was my everything. Normally they were always with me. One of them was with me at all times pretty much. That's how close we were. To most that would be too much for them and would smother them. For me it didn't. They meant everything to me and more.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

My phone started playing Hedwig's theme song from Harry Potter making me groan. Why are you calling me Syn? I'm trying to take a nap. Before I could answer Harry did. She's gonna go into fangirl mode and then die, I just know it.

“'ello?" 

I could hear her perfectly since Harry and I were so close in our bunk. That and she was kind of a loud talker. 

“Hello," she spoke slowly. “This is Harry isn't it?"

“Yeah, who is this?" 

“Holy shit! I can't believe I'm talking to 1/5 of One Direction. My life is complete, my life is now flippin' complete. Holy chiz, can you like--" She cut herself off with a girlish squeal. Harry looked at the phone with raised eyebrows then down at me. “She's a huge fan," I mumbled.

“Okay, I'm good now. No more fangirl moments. My name is Allisyn, I'm Veve's cousin. I called to speak to her so could I?" 

“Nice to talk to you Allisyn." He handed me the phone and scooted his body down to bury his head in my neck. “Hey Syn, whadya want?"

“Oh nothin', just to tell you that I'm in Dallas right now. At a hotel. With tickets in my purse. To see a certain boyband."

I gasped and got all excited. Harry nipped at my neck but I did my best to ignore it. “No way! Are you being serious or are you yankin' my chain?" I questioned. 

We were driving from Houston to Dallas for the boys' next concert. When we left after our prom we flew to Houston for their concert and then got on the road to Dallas. All this traveling was getting to me. That and I left my family again. It sucked. 

“Yes way! I'm bein' dead serious. My dad bought me a backstage pass and all that so I could see y'all. I'm staying at the Hilton so see if you guys can stay here too." 

We talked for a few minutes before we said our goodbyes. When I hung up I rolled over Harry who had been kissing up and down my neck and hollered for Lulu. “Caroline Robinson!" 

“Veronica Slaughter!" She hollered back.

“Niall Horan!" Niall yelled. I snorted at that. Only he would do that. “Hey! What about me?" Louis asked loudly. 

“Louis Tomlinson!" Harry shouted. Rolling my eyes, I threw myself on Lulu's lap where she was sitting in the living room watching tv. “Harry Styles!" Louis yelled back. 

Liam and Zayn didn't want to be left out so they yelled each others names. We were a special bunch. How did our parents handle raising us? That's the million dollar question.

“Jesus tits, Veve. What have you been shoving in your mouth?" Lulu groaned out, trying to push me off of her. I just grabbed onto her shoulders and hugged her, laughing when I didn't budge. 

“Harry's ding-a-ling," Zayn quipped. I gaped at him and moved away from Lulu. “I'll have you know I've never put anyones dick in my mouth. That's nasty as shit." 

He scoffed. “Whatever. All girls say that's nasty, but they still do it."

“Are you calling me a liar?" Lulu could be heard mumbling shit under her breath. I hated being called a liar. “Yeah I am," he responded. 

“Fuck you Zayn. I'm not a fuckin' liar," I spoke standing up. “Lulu, no offense, but your boyfriend is a fuckin' dickhead." With that said I went and sat up front with Chris with my headphones on and my music blaring. I'm positive Chris could hear everything I was listening to since it was turned up so loud, but he didn't seem to mind. Get Up! by Korn started playing. It was one of my favorite songs by them. 

I am clearly broken and no one knows what to do
Pieces of the puzzle don't fit, so, I pound them into you
Itching is the pulse inside
Creeping out to come alive
It's just doing what it's gonna do

Times are looking grim these days
Holding on to everything
It's hard to draw the line

Shut the fuck up! Get up!
Shut the fuck up! Get up!
Shut the fuck up! Get up!

I can't wait to rip my eyes out and look at you
Peace through pain is precious especially when it's done by you
Itching is the pulse inside
Creeping out to come alive
It's just doing what it's gonna do

Times are looking grim these days
Holding on to everything
It's hard to draw the line
And I'm, I'm hiding in this empty space
Tortured by my memories of what I've left behind

Shut the fuck up! Get up!
Shut the fuck up! Get up!
Shut the fuck up! Get up!

Times are looking grim these days
Holding on to everything
It's hard to draw the line
And I'm, I'm hiding in this empty space
Tortured by my memories of what I've left behind

Shut the fuck up! Get up!
Shut the fuck up! Get up!
Shut the fuck up! Get up!


That's what I have to say to Zayn. Shut the fuck up. Twenty or so minutes later we pulled into the Hilton hotel and I grinned, sending Syn a quick text. She text back saying she was at the bar so I told Chris I would see him later and hurried off the bus. It didn't take me very long to find the bar. When I spotted Syn sitting at the bar talking to the bartender my grin was great big. She was already using her fake id. 

“Excuse me miss, but I'm going to have to ask you to put down the drink and stand up," I spoke in a deep voice. I tried to keep from laughing but it didn't work out very well. She hastily turned around and wrapped her arms around me. “Holy chiz, Vee! It's been so long since we last saw each other!" She exclaimed.

I chuckled. “I know! But I'm so happy you're here. What're you doing in the bar this early?" She smirked at my question. “Please, three in the afternoon ain't too early to be in a bar, now nine in the morning, yeah that's too early. So suck it woman."

“Whatever. Hey bartender, can I have four shots of Jose Cuervo Gold?" He nodded and set four shot glasses in front of us, filling them with the golden liquid. Once they were filled I handed him a ten and told him to keep the change. “Take two and we can go hang out in your room."

Syn and I downed both shots like pros. We stood up and headed to the lobby elevators. I saw the boys and Lulu looking for me but I didn't want to be around them right now. I wanted to spend time with my cousin who I haven't seen in practically a year. 

“Isn't that Lulu and the guys by the front desk?" 

I nodded, following her in the elevator. “Yep, but I don't wanna be around them right now. I just wanna spend time with my favorite cousin slash big sister."

That made a smile appear on her face. “You can tell me why later, but since I'm you're favorite I'm gonna put Dads credit card to good use. I'm thinkin' room service and spa treatments."

“I need that," I replied. “Big time."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to update. I've been busy with work, baseball and football games, getting pictures taken, and babysitting. But here's an update. Hope y'all like it. :)

Image