Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Syn With A Grin

Syn was my best friend. My sister. Everything. When she moved away to Arkansas with her dad I cried. She moved all the way to the bottom half of Arkansas and I hardly got to see her. The only time I did was on Christmas every year. So that's why whenever I got the chance to see her I spent as much time with her as I could. 

“So tell me why you were mad when I first saw you," Syn spoke up. I turned my head on the table I was laying on while getting my massage and made a face at her. “Zayn was being an ass. He said I had been sucking Harry's dick -which I haven't and never will- so I told him that was nasty and I would never do that, and he basically called me a liar. It pissed me off, so I'm blowing them all off to spend time with you," I replied.

She hummed and closed her eyes. “Reasonable excuse."

I closed my eyes as Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran started playing in the small room we were in. These people knew good soothing music. Pat on the back to you guys. I hummed along with his voice and just relaxed. My phone was in the chair behind me vibrating while I was trying to relax, so I asked the guy who was giving me a massage to get it for me. 

“Thank you," I mumbled. He nodded. “No problem." I unlocked it and checked my texts. A majority of them were from Harry. 

I'm trying not to get mad babe, but you need to answer your calls and texts. I'm worried.

Where the bloody hell are you Veve?

Please just text me and let me know you're okay.


I hit reply and typed a quick message.

I'm fine. I'm with Syn getting a massage.

Not even a second later he had replied. 

Where are you?

I'm in the hotel spa. Anything else you want to know?

Is a guy giving you the massage or a girl?

Oh dear god. Why does it matter?

Just fucking tell me Veve!

It's a god damn guy. Are you happy now you ass?


I turned off my phone and sat up, holding the sheet up against my body. “I think I'm finished. Thank you."

The guy smiled at me showing off his white teeth. “You're very welcome. Have a nice day miss." Both of the guys walked out of the room and left us to go into our seperate bathrooms  to change. Once we were changed my lovely cousin demanded an answer. 

“Harry's being an ass," I mumbled. She threw an arm around my shoulders and smirked. “Wanna go sunbath by the pool? I can make sure no one else is there." 

Sunbathing sounds amazing right now. But my bikini and other swim stuff is with Lulu who's with the boys. I'll just text her and tell her to sneak out with my stuff. She said she would and not even ten minutes later she was in the lobby with her big purse. All three of us got changed in the lobby bathrooms then made our way to the empty pool yard. 

“Finally," I exclaimed. “Some peace and quiet." I spread my towel out on one of the chairs that laid back then took off my tank top and shorts to reveal my bright pink bikini. Lulu did the same showing off her white bikini and Syn did the same showing off her black bikini.

“So, Harry's being all pissy and mumbling stuff under his breath. Any idea why?" Lulu asked, as we all laid down. 

I let out a uh huh. “He's a rude Brit, that's what's wrong with him." 

They both chuckled. “You can say that again."

“He's a rude Brit, that's what's wrong with him." 

“You can say that again," Syn repeated.

“He's a rude Brit, that's what's wrong with him." I smirked. “I can do this all days girls."

“You can say that again."

“He's a--" Lulu cut me off. “Please don't! For the love of all things Irish, please don't!

I held my hands up in defense and grinned. I could do that all day. And just to get on her nerves. That was one of my many talents; getting on peoples nerves. It was a talent I was born with. 

“You're a rude American." She flipped me the bird as a response. I chuckled and closed my eyes, taking in the suns warm rays. Our peace and quiet was interrupted by whistles and cat calls. “Ayy sexy lady!" A male voice yelled. He sounded like PSY singing Gangnam Style. 

“Fuck off!" Syn yelled back. 

“Hey! That isn't very nice language for a lady!" Do they not get the hint? Fuck off means fuck off, not keep talking to us. "Fuck off and leave us alone!" I shouted. 

“Veronica Ryan Slaughter! I am ashamed of your potty mouth!" Opening my eyes, I looked up to see Louis and Niall leaning over their balcony seven floors up, looking down at us. I mimicked Lulu's actions earlier and flipped them off. “Does it look like I care? No, okay then, buh bye!

I really seriously was not in the mood to deal with them. Irish and British men were not on my list of things I wanted to see right now. Syn muttered that they left right as the door leading from the hotel into the pool yard opened. Out walked three very handsome guys. Tan and muscular and tall and just plain gorgeous. When they saw us they smirked and acted like normal guys when they saw hot girls. Oh brother. 

Syn would for sure flirt and then try to set me and Lulu up with the two she didn't like. That's what she always did. And there was no way we could not flirt with them because she thought we were single. Boy, will Zayn and Harry have a hayday with that.

++++

“Don't you even say you haven't heard of Machone Gun Kelly!" I shook my head with a chuckle. 

“I haven't heard of Machine Gun Kelly," I replied. Jake, one of the guys from the pool, gaped at me. “Holy shit. You're missin' out babe. Here, listen to this." He messed on his phone for a few seconds before a song started playing. “This is EST. 4 Life."

Let's bring some reality to it,
And the whole gang's in here, yeah, bitch (bitch)
Ok, EST for life, 40 mothafuckin days
I hustled, 40 nights
I got 40 deep behind me, ain't it mothafuckin nice
40 swishas, 40 bitches, went from mothafuckin rice
Shut it down, EST we shut it down
All them bitches know what's up, EST we run it now
And if you think that I'm lying, better go ask somebody
I'm just one out of a million, laced up, tatted, ridin' shawty--


I nodded with a grin. “That's pretty badass. You can now say you've got me hooked on him." 

“Awesome!" 

“Aiden, come on man, we gotta go," his friend who was talking to Lulu hollered. Aiden kinda pouted. “Could I maybe get your number?" 

I hesitated and Syn noticed, so she answered for me. “You sure can! Give her your phone," she ordered. He handed me his iPhone 4s with a little smirk and I reluctantly put my number in. I had to keep up the act like I didn't have a boyfriend. And so did Lulu. I hated not telling Syn I was dating Harry, but I didn't want to risk her telling anyone and it getting back to my dad. That was a chance I was not willing to take.

He hugged me and said he'd text me so I would have his number before he left. Once they left we decided it would be best if we went back and got ready for the concert. 

“I'll meet you guys after the concert," Syn spoke. She got off on her floor and waved goodbye to us. As soon as the doors slid shut and the elevator started moving, Lulu and I sighed loudly. “That was so fucking hard," I mumbled. 

Lulu nodded. “It felt wrong, it seriously did." And it did feel wrong. We were flirting with other guys while we had boyfriends. It was hard to keep it up and not just burst out that we were taken. I felt bad. I didn't know how to tell Harry. I didn't know how he would react either. 

“Should we tell them before or after the concert?" She shrugged. Relationships sucked sometimes. They were so much harder then everyone made them out to be. “I'm gonna go with after."

She nodded as we stepped off the elevator. We made our way to our hotel rooms and went inside. The guys were lounging around mine, Harry, and Niall's room watching tv. As soon as I sat down Lulu's big swim bag my phone made a sound.

He's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!! 

That meant I had a text. I checked it and it was from a number not on my contacts. 

Hey this is Aiden

I ignored it and slid my phone in the back pocket of my shorts. Right after I did that, Lulu got a text. 

I shall call him squishy! 

Must have been from Aiden's friend Luke. She read it and ignored it like I did. Harry beckoned me over so I went over to him. He pulled me down on top of him on the bed and just wrapped his arms around me. I saw literally laying on top of him while he watched tv. It had to be uncomfortable for him. I mean, I know I didn't weigh a lot but I wasn't fifty pounds either. I had to be squishing him at least a little. 

“Who was that girl Niall and Louis saw you with at the pool?" He asked softly. I turned my head to look at him, lifting my hand to twirl a curl around my finger. “My cousin Allisyn. She came to see you guys perform."

“Who's her favorite?" He asked. Really? He's seriously asking me that question? Idiot. But I'm going to deflate his ego a little bit just because I want to. “Mr. Horan. She's obsessed with our little snowflake and his Irish-ness." 

“YES!" Niall exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air. “Irishman be ballin'!"

“Baller, shot caller!" I exclaimed.

++++

"Ayy, the fuck you think you doin'? That's my Monster broseph!" I shouted. Syn stopped mid movement and stared at me, wide eyed. Her arm was in mid air holding my Monster Rehab that was almost to her mouth. She knew Monster was my weakness. She knew I would chop off someones arm or leg if they came between me and my Monster. 

“I didn't know--" Lulu cut her off. “Take cover!" She yelled. She ducked behind Zayn with her arms over her head. Niall -knowing my obsession- jumped behind the table chair in the hotel room. 

“Put. It. Down." Syn slowly sat it down on the table, quickly taking her hand away from it. As she did that, her arm hit Lulu's purse that was sitting on the table which made it fall and knock down my Monster. My precious Monster! I gasped loudly. “You killed my Monster!" 

She picked up the can and set it on the table. I reached over and punched her in the arm. She narrowed her eyes at me and punched me back. In the boob. And it hurt. Really bad. 

“You punched me in the boob!" I exclaimed. She started laughing but I punched her in the boob too. Getting punched in the boob was like a guy getting hit in the balls, if not worse. “You just punched me in the boob!" 

We glared at each other for a few seconds before busting out laughing. We were always like this. We'd argue like siblings and then the next second we'd be laughing like nothing ever happened. We could never be mad at each other for that long. That and we could never be serious for more then a certain amount of time. We were those people who would bust out laughing in the middle of a conversation because we remembered something hilarious that happened a few days ago. Nothing was ever too serious when we were together, bottom line. 

“What the bloody hell?" Liam mumbled. 

Harry shook his head. “I'll never understand women."

Lulu slowly and carefully stuck her head around Zayn's body and let out a sigh of relief when she saw us laughing. She informed Niall it was safe to come out. A second later his blue eyes peaked over the back of the chair. 

“Okay, I thought you were lying," he mumbled. “S'all good?" 

Syn and I nodded. “S'all good in the hood," I replied. 

He grinned. “Good. Now who wants to get some food?" That boy and food. He was going to be on one of those tv shows on TLC or whatever channel it is, and be the fattest man alive. I swear on it. “Um, there is such thing as room service," Lulu stated. His face lit up as he started going through the menu on the table. He was literally obsessed with food. 

I started cleaning up the spilt Monster mess while Syn plopped down on one of the beds. What she said next made me freeze and curse her in my mind. 

“So have Aiden and Luke texted or called you guys yet?" She asked casually. Fuck you Syn! Fuck you! God, you are so flipping ignorant! I could feel someones eyes on me and I would bet anything they were Harry's. “Who's Aiden and Luke?" Harry asked. I ignored him. 

“Nobody," Lulu answered. A snort emitted from my stupid cousin. “They aren't nobodies! They're hottie totties! Legit sex on legs!" 

“Who are they Veve?" I ignored Harry once again and looked to Louis for help. He saw the look I was giving him, and brought up the idea of everyone but me, Harry, Lulu, and Zayn going down to eat. They all left a minute later, leaving us four alone. Zayn pulled Lulu out of mine and Harry's room and into theirs across the hall. As soon as the lock clicked Harry asked me the same question again. “Who are they?"

I shrugged, making him let out an aggravated sigh. “Who the hell are they, Veve?!" I jumped at his outburst, staring at anything but him. Please don't start this again. Please don't start yelling again. 

“They were guys from the pool," I muttered. “They didn't mean anything. I don't like them like I like you."

“Did you flirt with them?" 

I nodded. “I had to, to keep Syn from finding out about us. I did it for us."

“That doesn't matter! You still did it! You flirted with a guy -while we're dating- who's probably been calling and texting you since you gave him your fucking number!" He shouted. “You don't see me flirting with girls and giving them my number, do you? No!" 

“I'm sorry," I whispered, feeling tears whell up in my eyes. “Will you please stop?" 

He scoffed. “Stop what? Being pissed my girlfriend is flirting with other guys and handing out her number like she's a sex-ed teacher handing out free condoms? I don't fucking think so."

I shook my head as a tear fell. “Stop yelling! I don't like yelling. You know I don't like yelling, yet you still do it. Don't you see how it makes me feel?" Before he could respond, I locked myself in the bathroom and turned on the sink full force, going to sit between the toilet and bathtub. I reached over and turned on the tub faucet too. I didn't want to hear anything Harry had to say. 

Tears made their way down my cheeks and fell to my white shirt, leaving behind small water spots. I wiped at my face with the back of my hand as my phone vibrated in my pocket. 

Vero, guess what?! I'm going on fucking tour! And opening for Snoop Dog! Can you fucking believe that?! 

I grinned at Zack's text through my tears. He was finally getting to live his dream. I was proud of him. Very proud. 

I'm so happy for you Zack! Congrats! When does it start?

Thanks! :) After graduation. Chris made sure they knew I had to graduate before I did anything. They were fine with it, as long as I wrote a new song. I already had a new one so I'll send it to you here in a bit. How's tour going for you?

Awesome. :D I can't wait to hear it. Um...okay, I guess.

What happened?


He always knew when I was upset. Even if I was states away from him. It was weird, but good at times. 

Just boy drama. Boy drama and yelling. LOTS of yelling. -__-

If it's that fuckin Harry who's yellin at you I'll fuckin kick his ass. No you know what, I'm just gonna call him and threaten his life. That's what I'm gonna do.

NO! Don't get in the middle of it!

Too late.
 

I quietly crawled over to the door and put my ear against it. Harry's phone could be heard clear as day. That meant he was right outside the door. He answered it and his voice went from calm to angry in a second flat.

“'ello.....what the bloody hell are you talking about? I didn't fucking scream at her!.....Quit trying to act like your her boyfriend, Zack! You aren't and you never will be! I'm her boyfriend now, and if you don't like that then you can fuck off!.....Don't threaten me you prick, I have lawyers.....oh come off it already!" He let out a loud, fake laugh. “Like she'll choose you over me. Don't count on it mate." 

My best friend and my boyfriend now officially hated each other. Just peachy. Something banged against the door making me jump back. 

"God dammit!" I heard another, softer thud against the door. “Veve, babe, I'm sorry. Please come out. I know you can hear me." I kept my mouth shut, moving back over between the tub and toilet. 

I wiped my face once again and rested my head against the beige colored wall. He yelled at me. Again. This is the second time and he told me he would never do that again. He lied to me. 

“I'm sorry Veve." I stayed quiet as I closed my eyes. When he yelled he reminded me of my dad and I didn't like that. I didn't want to be like him and my mom were. I didn't want my kids to have to go through what Gavin, Kohl, and I did. Putting little kids through that was basically child abuse. Hands cupping my face surprised me and made my eyes pop open. I came face to face with Harry. I turned my head to stare at the water coming out of the bathtub faucet. That made him turn off the water and move to where his face was in my line of sight. So I just looked the other way making him let out a loud sigh. 

“Look at me," he mumbled, grabbing my face. When he forced me to look at him I just moved my eyes to stare at my lap. “Please," he pleaded, sounding desperate. Lifting my eyes, I stared at him. He had a look on his face that made my heart break a little. 

“I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm beyond sorry, I really am. If I could take it back I would. I swear on my mum I didn't mean to," he spoke. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. “You promise?" I whispered. 

He nodded. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. “Apology accepted." He hugged me back just as tight, burying his head in my neck, placing a soft lingering kiss on the tender skin. 

“I'm sorry Veve," he murmured against my skin. “I'm really sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry!! I've started working full time now and with working 10-12 hour days a couple days a week I've been dead tired. BUT with me being sick today, I did some writing. :)

Image