Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Forgive me for I have been fooled

"Why do these things take so damn long?" I muttered to no one in particular. 

"Shut your trap, Veve," my mom hushed. I made a face at her then went back to picking at my nails. Lulu hummed an Ed Sheeran song while practically my moms whole side of the family sat in the same row as us. It was ridiculous. Sadie's parents were here and so were her three older siblings, my great uncle and grandma, my aunt, my other aunt who is Sadie's grandma, my cousin who is Sadie's aunt, my two great aunts, my brothers, and my mom. I'm pretty sure we were the only group that had this many people for one kid. My mom nudged me when the kids started walking down the aisle between the pews of the church. I immediately snapped pictures while Lulu video taped. They all looked so adorable in their little white graduation gowns and caps with the red tassle.  

"Go get 'em, Sadie Bug," I whispered as she walked by. She grinned great big and waved. 

Through the ceremony I snapped pictures. Lulu never put down the video camera. The teacher called Sadie up to the mic where she asked the same question she asked the kids before her.

"And what do you want to be when you grow up, Sadie?" 

"Harry Smiles wife!" She exclaimed. I snorted loudly, quickly covering my mouth with both hands. I cannot believe she just said that. Holy shit. As the teacher handed her, her diploma I snapped pictures all the while holding in my laughs. I quit taking pictures once she had went back to her spot on stage with her diploma. Lulu quit recording and all but bruised my leg from poking it so hard. 

"Please tell me you're sending that to Harry," she begged. I grinned. "I'll show him and the boys when we get back. It's too big of a file to send." 

"You have ruined her," my mother whispered jokingly. I rolled my eyes. "Hey, I haven't gotten her obsessed with them. That was her sisters doing. I'm just on tour with them and let her Skype with them. I'm fulfilling my duties as an amazing older cousin."

++++++

Nicoderm patch and a Marlboro red
Wild turkey out the bottle gauze covers where the wrists bled
Begged and pled and fled rockin' a hospital gown brain dead
Hitched a ride with a guy named Fred


A zombie and I was listening to music as I dragged myself and my luggage through the airport with Lulu beside me. The man I called my father had stupidly booked us a flight that would arrive at midnight. Normally I would have been okay, but I was just beat. It was probably from being on the go this whole week and editing pictures from both graduations. 

"Nice to see you ladies again," Chris greeted. We barely mumbled hellos as we climbed in the black suv. He put our bags in the back and got in the drivers seat. "To the concert or hotel?" 

"The concerts still going on?" Lulu asked. He nodded. "The venues lights were messing up and it took them an hour or so to fix them, so it started late."

"Take us to the hotel. I wanna sleep," I replied. I slipped my headphones back on and switched to Skrillex instead of Rehab. 

By the time we reached the hotel I was about to fall asleep. We helped Chris get our bags out and he gave us our room key. We were sharing with Harry and Zayn, so when we got to our room we immediately threw ourselves on our respectable beds, abandoning our bags. My Beats stayed on my head as I laid on my back and closed my eyes. Lulu was pretty much in the same position as I was. Before long, I fell asleep to the sounds of The Devil's Den playing loudly through my Beats. 

What felt like ten seconds later, my headphones were being taken off of my head. The music could still be heard plain as day. I whined in protest and blindly swatted at the culprit. Next thing to go off was my music, then my shoes, my jeans, and sweater. That left my in my leopard print bra and boyshorts. Curse this cold room and whoever did that. 

"I'm cold," I slurred, still asleep. A minute later someone pulled the covers over me and climbed in beside me, pulling me into their warm body. By the smell I could tell it was Harry. Without opening my eyes I rolled over and threw my legs over his, tangling them together. "I missed you," I murmured. 

"Missed you too," he murmured, softly kissing my lips. My first instinct was to snuggle into him so that's what I did. I buried my head in his neck and took in a deep breath as his hands rested on my hips. "Go back to sleep, love."

"Mkay. Night, love you." And I was out again.

++++++

For me, waking up to an empty spot beside me was unusual. A cold empty spot at that. Normally Harry was still asleep. I found my clothes in a pile beside the bed so I slipped those on and padded to the ajoining door. I knocked on it to make sure whoever was in the room was awake. It opened to reveal Niall. 

"Vevekins! I missed you!" He whisper shouted. Lulu and Zayn were still sound asleep. I let him hug me and pull me into his room. In there I found the rest of One Direction. Louis's hair was sticking up in all directions, Liam's hair was combed and in it's usual perfect curls, Harry looked tired with circles under his eyes, and Niall....well Niall looked normal. 

"Hey guys," I greeted with a wave. "How was this last week without me? Boring? Dreadful?" I made my way to Harry and sat down beside him, kissing his cheek. "Morning Haz."

"Morning." He didn't even look at me. He didn't even put his arm around me. He didn't even sound happy that I was here. Before I had the chance to ask, Louis spoke up. "Let's the pictures and video. I want to see Sadie's graduation!"

I hopped up after telling them I'd be back in a minute and went to get both my camera and video camera. When I got back in the room, I hooked the video camera up to the tv and switched it to the right station so we could watch it on there. A second later up popped the kids walking down the pews. You could hear me say "Go get 'em Sadie Bug" and see her smile great big and wave.

Oh god. It's time for her teacher to ask her the question now.

"And what do you want to be when you grow up, Sadie?" 

"Harry Smiles wife!"


After that, all you heard was me snorting. The boys all busted out laughing. Harry's looked a little forced though. I'd have to ask him about that later. 

"I feel unloved," Liam muttered. I chuckled. "Oh trust me, she loves you guys just as much. She keeps saying she wants to play with Puppy Liam -not my doing-, eat with Niall, color with Louis, and fix Zayn's poofy hair." 

"I want to color with Sadie! I have tons of coloring books!" Louis exclaimed. Niall pouted. "But she still wants to marry Harry. All the girls want to marry Harry."

I inwardly giggled at that. You can't day marry and Harry so close together without wanting to laugh. You just can't. "Okay, now that was my doing. I told her I liked him and he was cute. She came up with the marry part herself though!"

"Damn you and your head full of voluptuous curls," Niall cursed.

++++++

"Hey Lulu?" 

"Yeah?" I plopped down beside her and watched as she played Sims 3 on her laptop. "Have you noticed how Harry's been acting distant lately?"

She nodded. "Yes! I told Zayn something was wrong with him, but he just said he was probably 'knackered.' Knackered my ass."

I bit my lip and played with my fingers. "He's been ignoring me. He won't kiss me or put his arm around me or anything. I don't know what I said or did," I mumbled, feeling tears prick my eyes. "What if he doesn't want to date me anymore?"

"Oh hon, he doesn't want to break up with you. He likes you too much," she cooed, throwing an arm around my shoulders. "I'll ask him what's up when him and the boys get back from the club."

My eyebrows shot up. "They went to a club? Why?" 

She shrugged. "Needed guy time or something. All I was able to catch before Niall dragged Zayn out the door." I nodded and slowly made my way into the bathroom. Sitting on the edge of the tub, I got my phone out and dialed Harry's number. It rang three times, then went to voicemail. I called again and it rang twice. Called again and it went straight to voicemail. He was ignoring my calls. 

"This is Harry. Leave me a message so I can get back to you."

I hung up, then dialed Niall's number. He answered on the first ring. "Hey Vevekins!" He slurred. Great. He's drunk. 

"Hey Niall. Is Harry around? I need to talk to him," I said. I heard loud thumping music in the background mixed with the chatter of people and clinking of glasses. I don't like clubs. They're too loud and stink of alcohol and sweat. 

"No, he isn't! He's off with that bleached whale of a slag in the skin tight dress!"

I swear, my heart just stopped. "He's what?" I whispered.

"He's with a blonde skanky lass. I'll send you a picture! Gotta go, toodle ew mutha fucka!" 

Right after I hung up, my phone vibrated. I opened the text from Niall and almost started crying. It was a picture of Harry -my boyfriend- making out with some bleach blonde girl. He had her pushed up against a wall. I couldn't look at it anymore. I went to my home screen and locked my phone. 

He cheated on me. He broke my heart. I couldn't even see with the tears blurring my vision. I would never, and I mean never, do something like that to him. He means too much to me. He's not something I'd just toss to the side for another guy. He hurt me more then any other guy has. None of my previous boyfriends have cheated on me. Not even Christofer when he was on tour. I couldn't look at Harry without thinking what he did; how he betrayed me. I couldn't be on tour with him. I couldn't stay here. I had to leave. Without a second though, I dialled my dads number.

"What is it, Vero?" He answered. I hiccupped. "I want to come home, Daddy," I cried. 

"What? Why? Is something wrong? Why are you crying?" He may be a dick most of the time, but he's still my father and he worries about me. 

"Harry cheated on me. He kissed another girl when I'm his girlfriend."

"You're his what? Did you say girlfriend? Veronica Ryan Slaughter!"

I sniffed loudly and pawed at my face. "I'm sorry, but please don't do anything to him or the boys. I'll come home and quit going on tours, I'll find a different job. Just please let me come, Daddy," I pleaded.

He was quiet for a minute and I thought he hung up on me, but once he sighed I knew he hadn't. "Fine. I'll get you and Lulu on the next flight home. But we're talking about this as soon as you get home."

I thanked him before hanging up. Now to tell Lulu. As soon as she saw my face she asked who she was beating up. When I told her the story and the showed her the picture she was fuming. She agreed that it was best if we went home. She helped me pack my things and I helped her pack hers. Now for my dad to text with all the details.

Tomorrow at noon. Tickets are waiting there. Gate G, flight 715, first class.

"Let's get some rest so we won't be tired tomorrow," Lulu suggested. We got in our respected beds and instantly fell asleep. 

The last thought to cross my mind was, I didn't even want to know how the boys would react.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and sucky and all over the place. I'M SORRY!! I'm honestly thinking about getting rid of this story all together. No one comments which makes me think no one reads it. :(