Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Move On

Today was the day. I hadn't spoken to Harry or any of the boys for that matter. Harry hadn't even come back to our room last night. And that broke my heart even more.

Lulu and I had told Chris we were leaving, so he had our bags down in the suv as soon as we woke up. I thought about leaving Harry a note but decided against it. If he didn't have the decency to breakup with me before getting with another girl, then I didn't have the time to waste on a little note. 

Knocking broke me from my thoughts. I opened the ajoining door to see Liam. He took in my clothes making his eyebrows shoot up. "Why are you up and dressed this early?" He questioned. 

"I'm leaving," I answered shortly. His eyebrows went higher, if possible. "Where are you going? If you're going to eat, wait for me! I'm starving!"

"I'm not going to eat. I'm going home, Liam." 

"You're going home?!" I all but peed my pants. Louis and Niall just literally appeared out of nowhere. "I could have had a heart attack! Don't do that!"

"Sorry," they apologized. "Why are you going home?"

I shrugged, staring at the beige carpet. They knew me better then that; Niall knew me better then that. And I knew he wouldn't let it rest until he got it out of me. Lulu wasn't here to rescue me, she was at the little cafe in the hotel eating breakfast with Zayn. She was telling him what was going on, but that she still wanted to be with him. I envied her and Zayn. 

"Tell me the reason, Vevekins," Niall ordered. I shook my head as tears pricked my eyes. A few slipped down my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away before they saw but I wasn't that lucky. "Veronica, what's wrong?" Niall using my full name was enough for me to run into his arms and bury my head in his shirt covered chest. 

"L-Look at the-the t-text from Ni-Niall," I managed to choke out. I felt Louis slip my phone from the back pocket of my jeans as I kept my head buried in Niall's chest. Their silence was enough to know they had seen the picture. Niall tightened his grip on me and kissed the crown of my head. "I'm sorry, Vevekins," he whispered. 

Shaking my head, I sighed. "Don't be. You were drunk and you actually helped me. So thank you, Niallkins." 

The door to my hotel room opened and in walked Harry followed by Lulu and Zayn. I didn't even look at Harry. The boys and Lulu glared at him, more then likely killing him in their minds with blunt objects. 

"Good morning," he spoke. No one replied. Taking my phone back from Louis, I checked the time and saw it was ten. "We better get going Lulu."

She nodded solemly, kissing Zayn once more. "Bye Z. Talk to you soon?" 

He nodded. "I'll call you tonight, love."

Harry's face was full of confusion. His green eyes snapped up to meet mine. I immediately looked somewhere else. The zipper on Zayn's jacket looked mighty interesting right about now. I bet it held the secret to every magicians trick known to man.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I didn't even think about answering. My mouth was sealed shut, but Lulu's wasn't. She had a case of diarrhea of the mouth this morning. Where's that Pepto when you need it? "We're going home where we belong. Where there's no cheating bastards," she spat. 

"What do you--" I cut him off. "I saw a picture of you last night making out with a girl at the club. I'm not going to stay with you if you're going to cheat on me, so I called my dad," I spoke. 

With that said, I bid the four boys I could stand goodbye and hugged them as if my life depended on it. Our purses were over our shoulders and we were gone. We were leaving the hotel, leaving the tour, leaving the boys, leaving our job. We were going back to Joplin and finding regular jobs. We would no longer be One Direction's tour photographers. We would just be Veve and Lulu.

++++++

We were officially back on our town turf. Kansas City will be my second home no matter what. Even if it meant dealing with my dad, I was happy to be here. My dad had a driver pick us up at the airport and take us to his work. There I proceeded to tell him everything that happened. He didn't seem all that happy about it, but I wouldn't expect anything less. 

He acted like he was more pissed about what Harry did then me betraying him. But what dad wouldn't be pissed about their daughters boyfriend cheating on them and not speaking to her whatsoever? He tried to call him from my phone but he never did answer. I tried to tell him to leave it alone, but he wouldn't. After he dismissed us we got in the same suv and the driver started toward our hometown. When we got there no one was home, so we took our bags to our rooms and called Zack. He was over in a flash.

"I have half a mind to fly out to fucking California and stick my American foot up his British ass," Zack growled. Even with my mood I couldn't help but giggle. "Don't waste your time. He's not worth it," I replied. 

"Damn right he ain't worth it!" Lulu exclaimed. "Now drink up and lets get shit faceded!" 

My second Mikes was gone and I was starting on my third. Didn't feel anything right now, but by my fifth I would feel a little buzz. Zack, Lulu, and I were hanging out like old times, having fun and being the teenagers we were. I decided to reactivate my Twitter account and make a tweet. 

@VeveDarling: Nothing like hanging out and drinking with my favorite guy and my favorite girl on a night like this. #nothingelsematters #lovelife  

Not even ten minutes later my phone lit up. I had a mention on Twitter. 

@NiallOfficial: @VeveDarling Um, I'm not there so you aren't hanging out with your favorite guy. ;p

@VeveDarling: @NiallOfficial Sorry Ni, Zack has you beat there. But you're my fav Irish guy ;)


"I miss my Niallkins," I pouted. Lulu being the lightweight she is, giggled and threw an arm around me. "I miss all of them! Except that curly headed fuck!"

At the mention of him my happy mood faded. I still had no idea what possessed him to do that. To me, he didn't seem like that kind of guy. But looks can be deceiving. I did my research. They were all over the internet. Talk of the town you could say. Louis was supposedly gay but dating Eleanor as a cover, Niall was the one who loved food more then any human being and would be forever alone, Zayn was the mysterious bad boy that every girl wanted, Liam was an old man in a teenagers body, and Harry was the manwhore slash player. Of course once you got to know them you knew none of that was true. Up until now. Harry lived up to his name. He was a manwhore and a player. He played me like a fiddle.

It didn't matter what his excuse was, I would never forgive him. For one, he broke my heart. You can't just forgive and forget. That's something you can never take back. It's just not. 

"Can we not talk about him?" I muttered. "I'm trying to have a good time and any mention of him ruins it."  

++++++

Today was my eighteenth birthday. I was officially an adult. Today was also the day I had an interview at the Buckle. I had applied at American Eagle, the Buckle, Hollister, Hot Topic, and Pac Sun, but I was really pinning for the Buckle. 

Now that my interview was over I was going to walk around the mall while Lulu had her interview there also. You couldn't seperate us even if you tried. Zack was there with us, so he walked around with me. 

"Can we go in Hot Topic? I need an Aventure Time bro tank." I agreed and followed him in there. As soon as we got in there, I heard a familiar tune. It wasn't the original, it was a cover of What Makes You Beautiful. "Will I ever escape it?" I groaned. When the singing actually started, I had to facetime Niall. He accepted and his face appeared on the screen.

"Veve--What are you listening to?!"

"Why your song of course! Except the screamo version," I replied with a grin. "Pretty BA if I do say so myself. Better then the original."

"HEY! That's my song you're talkin' about! You don't diss my hair flip song!" 

I chuckled. "I'm joking, Niallkins! Calm yo tits! But anyway, I just wanted to let you listen to it and see what you thought."

He nodded. "You better be joking. And it sounds pretty cool. Where are you anyway? It looks like you're in a dungeon."

I busted out laughing. "I'm in Hot Topic. Lulu and I had interviews here at the mall today, so I'm walking around with Zack while she has hers."

"So you found another job? I don't want you to find another job." His pout made me want to fly to wherever they were just to be there for him. "Veve got a job?! Where?! That means she'll find new work friends and forget about us!" Louis's face appeared behind Niall's making me chuckle. 

"I won't forget about you guys. I never could. You'll still be my best friends," I replied. "You guys are my family."

"Family means I get to meet your new boyfriends and interrogate them until I see fit," Louis spoke. Someone mumbled something while I heard Liam say they all got to interrogate him. 

"Who said I want you to meet my new boyfriend when I get one? Besides, my brothers have the interrogating under control. They take all of my boyfriends out hunting first chance they get." 

"Remind me to never date you," Niall joked. Zack hollered at me from somewhere in the store so I told the guys I had to go. "Wait, Veve! How are you doin'?" 

Louis always worried about me. He text me nonstop since I left tour. He was like another older brother. "I'm fine. Great actually." Lies. "I better go before Zack starts climbing the displays to look for me. Bye guys, love you!" I hit end and pocketed my phone.

If only I was fine. If only I was great. If only I could move on and forget he even existed. If only I could go back in time to that one night and not agree to that date. Six letters, two words, easy to say, hard to explain, harder to do: move on.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter you say? I deserve a high five.

Image
A butt five will suffice for now. ;)

P.S. Thank you guys so much for the comments!! I'm going to keep the story and continue writing just for you. <3