Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Concert Time

“I hate my father," I groaned from my spot on my suitcases. Caroline let out a grunt from her pile of suitcases. 

We were a sight to see. We were both at the end of my driveway laying on our suitcases. It was five fifty in the morning and the buses were to arrive in ten minutes. I was curled up in the fetal position on two suitcases while Caroline laid eagle spread on hers. My mom and brother Gavin were sitting on the rocks that lined the driveway, looking like zombie's. I'm sure we all looked like zombie's. 

As soon as I closed my eyes trying to go back to sleep a horn honked scaring the shit out of me. Caroline let out a yelp and fell off her suitcases but I was too tired to make fun of her. 

“Get up Vero and Lulu. You need to get on the bus and get movin'," my mom mumbled. I stood up and gave her a hug and told her I loved her while the driver and Gavin put our bags on the bus. Lulu followed my actions and did the same, then we both moved on to Gavin. He told us we better not do stupid shit and if any guy gives us shit to call him or Kohl and they'd be there as fast as they could. 

When we finally got on the bus we both crashed on our respected beds. My dad was nice enough to get a bus with a lounge area in the very back, the normal six bunks, a bathroom, kitchen area, and living room area. Caroline and I decided we'd switch off on cooking and cleaning every week, so this week I cooked while she cleaned and next week she would cook while I cleaned.

“Holler at me when we're there Chris!" The bus driver hollered back with an okay as he took off. Time for sleep. We got two hours until we reach Kansas City from our small town Joplin, Missouri so I'm getting as much sleep as I can.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“We're here girls!" Chris' yell woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and blindly reached over, searching for my Aviators. When I finally found them I slipped them on and rolled out of my bunk only to run into Caroline. 

“Ow!" She yelped, as we laid on the floor in a heap. “Fuck me," I groaned. Deep chuckles broke us from our groaning fest. We both helped each other up and sluggishly made our way off the bus into the lobby of the ginormous building. The only people in the lobby were a group of five guys over by the security desk. 

“Hey Mason," I waved. The big burly security guard waved at us as we passed. Before we even got two feet passed the desk Lulu jumped on my back. I yelped, then started singing, loudly might I add. “'Cause I saddle up my horse, and I ride into the city! I make a lot of noise, 'cause the girls they are so pretty! Riding up and down Broadway on my old stud Leroy, and the girls say--"

“Save a horse, ride a cowboy!" Caroline hollered.

“Everybody says--"

“Save a horse, ride a cowboy!" 

The group of guys looked over with questioning looks on their faces. We had bypassed security and were waiting on the elevators to reach the lobby. Lulu noticed them staring and pointed at them before yelling, “It's not nice to stare!"

“'s not nice tah point either!" The one in the navy blue shirt exclaimed, just as loud. I yelled loudly as we entered the elevator. “Stop pointing and staring! It'll be off with your head if you keep it up!"

A few short minutes later we were sitting in my dads room where he held meetings. I leaned back in the rolly chair and threw my feet up on the long glass table. Caroline mimicked me and stared out the floor to ceiling glass windows at the already bustling city below us. 

“I don't know how people do it," she mumbled. I mumbled a ‘what' and stared at the ceiling. “Live in a big city like this. It's so...so busy and confusing." 

I grunted in agreement and started humming Mac Millers song, Party On Fifth Ave. He was one of my favorite rappers. I have loved him since he first started. I would love to take pictures of him one day. Voices sounded from the hall but I ignored them. They probably belonged to someone else on the floor. But I was indeed wrong seeing as the door opened and in walked my father followed by the five guys from the lobby. When they sat down we kept our feet on the tables and reclined back in our chairs, not caring there were five people in the room we've never met. 

“Veronica," my dad started. I took my feet off the table and glared at him. “It's either Veve, Vero, or Roni. You know that father.

He sighed with a roll of his bright blue orbs. “Fine Vero this is One Direction. Boys go around and introduce yourselves." 

“'ello, I'm Liam," the one with light brown hair spoke. The smile never left his face. He must be the always happy person of the group. I waved. 

“Niall." The blond one. I think I'll call him Blondie. 

“Zayn." That hair! It defied gravity! 

“Louis Tomlinson at yer service m'lady." So that's the yelling boys name. 

“Harry." Curls upon curls! He looked like he just rolled out of bed. 

“Nice to meet ya'll. I'm Veronica Slaughter, but you can call me Veve, Vero, or Roni," I greeted cracking a smile. “So fill me in on the tour stuff."

And that started an hour long conversation. More so on my dad and the guys' part. I wasn't actually paying attention. I only nodded saying uh huh when it seemed fit. I knew the drill by now. Besides, if I had questions I could ask one of the guys.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

First concert was tonight. I'm not sure how, but the show was already sold out. My stupid father has probably had this planned for a month or so. He's an ass for just telling me two days ago. An A1 ass. The Sprint Center was a huge place, and it would be packed. It'd be filled with No Direction fans or whatever the band is called. 

So here I was with my press pass, backstage pass, camera case that was holding my interchangeable lenses, and my Canon EOS 5D Mark III in my hands. I was between the barricades and the stage where security was so I didn't get trampled and my camera didn't get destroyed. Lulu was watching from the side of the stage, saying she didn't want to get in my way and more importantly get into it with someone who did something to piss her off. That wouldn't be a pretty sight. 

Instead of me leaving with the rest of the press after three songs was over, I got to stay. The boys' bodyguard Paul had informed me of that before he escorted me there. When the boys stepped out on stage the screams from behind me were deafening. There were crying girls, screaming girls, jumping girls, girls standing still with their mouths hanging open, and mode screaming girls. They're crying? Seriously? Get over yourselves. I took that as my chance to take pictures of them and then some of the guys before the beginning of a song started. It started out with the strum of guitars.

“You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up,
To cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough,"
Liam sang. He looked so into it. Like singing was all that mattered to him at this moment. I snapped pictures of them all left and right. 

“Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but you,"
Harry sang. That voice. It had that slight husky edge to it and could make any girl weak in knees, including me. Now all of them sang together.

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful--"


What. The. Fuck. I'm going to kill my father.
♠ ♠ ♠
I went back and changed some stuff in the first chapter so go back and reread it. I also don't know any British slang, but if any of you do feel free to comment and tell me. Peace, love, monster!

Image
Harry! We haven't even met and your wanting me to take my clothes?! Lmao.