Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Pathetic

"Hey Gav?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Can you take me and Lulu to work?" He nodded and grabbed moms car keys. Lulu and I followed after him, getting in my moms car. Lulu ran a hand through her beach waved hair with a sigh. "Hey Veve?" 

"Yeah?" I questioned, turning around in the front seat. She messed with the bracelets on her wrist. "Have you heard from any of the boys?" She asked softly. 

I shook my head. "Not since our birthday. Why?" 

"I was just wondering," she replied. "I haven't talked to Zayn in a while."

Her and Zayn have talked as much as they can. Our jobs we got at the Buckle kept us busy. His job kept him busy. We were working close to forty hours a week. With us having graduated, we were free to do whatever we wanted. So we spent our time working our butts off and making bank off commission. 

"Thanks for the ride, Gav," I thanked as he dropped us off at the door. He waved it off and bid us goodbye. With our Sonic drinks in hand, we made the short walk in the mall door and to the store. It was filled with a good amount of people for it being just noon. Although it normally was busy any day of the week. Saturdays were the most busy days though.

"Hi Veve! Hi Lulu!" Sammy, our brunette coworker greeted. She was the definition of hyper; short, fast walker, fast talker, loud, sarcastic, and sweet as pie. "Hi Sammy!" Lulu and I greeted back. 

"Did you bring me a Sonic drink?" When we shook our heads she pouted. "Well I guess I won't buy you cupcakes from Smallcakes then!" 

We laughed at her antics and made our way into the backroom. This was going to be a good day. "It's gonna be a good day, Lulu," I murmured, nudging her. "Just don't think about Z."

++++++

I'm not fucking around
I think I'm coming out
All the deceivers and cheaters
I think we've got a bleeder right now
Want you to slap me around?
Want you to knock me out?
Well, you missed me kissed me
Now you better kick me down

Maybe you're the runner up
But the first one to lose the race
Almost only really counts in
Horseshoes and Handgrenades


My feet pounded against the treadmill, keeping me running at a fairly quick pace. This was -and always will be- a release for me. It calmed me down and kept me sane. The extra room in the basement of my moms house had been turned into a workout room. In there was a treadmill, punching bag, bench press, and workout bike. The iHome was sitting in the corner blaring Horseshoes And Handgrenades by Green Day off my iPod. I didn't want to be bothered, and that meant I left my phone up in my room.

I'm gonna burn it all down
I'm gonna rip it out
Well everything that you employ
Was meant for me to destroy to the ground now
So don't fuck me around because I'll shoot you down
I'm gonna drink,fight and fuck and pushing my luck all the time now

Maybe you're the runner up
But the first one to lose the race
Almost only really counts in
Horseshoes and Handgrenades

Demolition, self-destruction
What to annihilate, the age-old contradiction
Demolition, self-destruction
Want to annihilate, the age-old contradiction
Demolition, self-destruction
What to annihilate, the old age

I'm not fucking around
I think I'm coming out
I'm a hater, a traito
In a pair of Chuck Taylors right now
I'm not fucking around

G-L-O-R-I-A!
G-L-O-R-I-A!
G-L-O-R-I-A!
G-L-O-R-I-A!


A banging on the door between song changed made me holler a 'come in'. I slowed the treadmill to a walk and caught my breath, turning the music down in the process, as Gavin walked in with my laptop. "Someone has been trying to Skype you and the ringing is messing up my Candy Crush game. Whoever it is, is dead to me now!"

I rolled my eyes. "God forbid someone mess up your precious Candy Crush game."

He scowled at me. "Fuck you, Veve! I'm almost past level 75! Go back to running, thunder thighs!"

"Screw you, turkey neck!" As he slammed the door on his way out, I set the laptop on the treadmill where it held books and such and hit accept call as it rang again. The screen turned black for a second before a clear picture of Louis popped up. "Hey Lou," I greeted.

A huge grin appeared on his face. "Hey Veve! I feel like we haven't talked in ages."

"I know." I pushed the strands of hair that stuck to my sweaty forehead, back. "I miss having our girl talks."

"Me too." He nodded. "Wanna know something else I miss?"

I nodded. "You keeping Harry his normal self and not this mopey, depressed, Harry he's become."

It's been a month since we left. They're tour is over in a few days. They've all kept quiet about him and not spoken a peep about him since I left. But he chose now to bring him up. Way to ruin a good workout mood, Louis. Thanks a bunch.

"He did it to himself," I snapped. "He fucked up big time."

"Louis, where's my purple Jack Wills jumper?" Before I could click off of the Skype call, Harry appeared on the screen, looking for his hoodie. "Last I saw it, was on the bus a few weeks ago," Louis replied, looking over his shoulder. Harry looked up and opened his mouth to say something, but instead his eyes landed on me and his jaw went slack. "Veve?" He breathed. 

"I gotta go Lou." And with a single click, the screen went black. I had no desire to see him, hear him, speak to him, think of him, or acknowledge him. Period. 

One of the reasons why I asked for so many hours at work was because it kept my mind off of him and what he did. The people I worked with were beyond hilarious and could keep my mind off of anything. Zack and Gavin came and ate lunch with us every once in a while, or brought us lunch that my mom made us and we all ate it in the backroom. The manager was pretty cool, so she said they could eat back there with us. Kohl had come off his high horse and apologized, as did I. He was leaving in a few days for bootcamp and I didn't want him to leave while we were mad at each other. 

With my laptop under my arm, I trecked up the two flights of stairs and straight into my room. Gavin walked by my closed door and shouted, "Thunder thighs!" I simply ignored him and tossed my laptop on my bed, then fell on it myself. 

My phone lit up. It flashed Harry's name, but I hit ignore. Instead of answering, I opened up my Twitter app and decided to tweet something.

@VeveDarling: Cause I'm flippin' gosh darn sick of all the "s" words you put me through, so f-u

Bowling For Soup was my go-to band for hilarious songs. Right now, A Friendly Goodbye is the kind of song I felt fit me right now. So their lyrics were being tweeted and now being seen by all my followers. The boys of One Direction happened to be following me too, so if they saw it, I didn't care. 

My phone lit up again. Harry.

Harry

Louis

Louis

Liam

Zayn

Niall


"Hello?" I answered, finally picking up when Niall called. The voice I heard next didn't belong to the owner of the phone. "Veve, I need to talk to you."

My free hand that was resting on my bed, fisted up my comforter. My eyes narrowed and my breathing was sharp. "I have nothing left to say to you, Harry. Using my best friends phone just so you can talk to me is low. Especially since it's Niall's," I snapped. 

I faintly heard Niall ask where his phone was and then him yelling at Harry for taking it. "Just hear me out, babe--" He was cut off by Niall. "HARRY! Vevekins, I'm sorry! He took my phone! I still love you!" After Niall screamed that, there was shuffling and what sounded to be them rolling around trying to get the phone, and then the line went dead.

Using my best friends phone just so he could talk to me was beyond pathetic. All I could do was roll my eyes and shake my head. Idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it sucks. Check out my new Harry story.