Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Apologizing

"Hey, Quinn, can we talk to you for a sec?"

She nodded her head, her pitch black hair swaying as she did so. She was our boss and was literally the most awesome chick ever. I always wanted an older sister and that's kinda what she is. "What's up?" She asked, closing her office door.

Lulu and I looked at each other with slightly scared faces. What if she said no? Lulu bucked up and finally asked her. "Can we have the fifth through the nineteenth off? We got invited last minute to go to the Olympics over in London," she explained.

"Let me check to see if anyone else asked off. I can let you know by tonight," she answered. We both grinned. "Thank you, Q!" And with that said we both clocked back on and went back out on the floor.

Lulu got started on picking up dressing room messes. I walked around for a minute before finding a table of jeans that needed to be fixed. Some were folded wrong and some were missing size stickers and others didn't belong on the table. It was infuriating when you worked hard to get it to a ten and then stupid customers come in and make it a five. Made me a very mad Buckle worker.

"And hey darling, I hope you're good tonight. And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving. Yeah, I want it but no, I don't need it." I sang along to A Day To Remember as they played through out the entire store. "Tell me something sweet to get me by. I know that you—" I cut myself off to greet a costumer. "Hey. How are you guys doing today?"

"Good, and you?" Wait a minute. British accent. What the fuck? My eyes finally took notice to the figure standing behind the big burly man I was speaking to. That bastard. "I'm just peachy. Is there anything I can help you find?"

The man shook his head and motioned to Harry. God. Him coming to my place of employment after the other day and what happened on tour, chaps my ass. I wouldn't do that to him. I sure as hell wouldn't. He stepped forward letting me take in his appearance. His skinny jeans were tight as could be with the odd hole every now and then. His old Ramones shirt looked like it could be tossed in the trash. His Converse were an eye burning bright white. The Carhartt beanie hiding his curls and the RayBans hiding his eyes were his attempt at trying to hide who he was. But believe me, someone would figure it out. This is Joplin, Missouri people. We have nothing better to do then be nosy while out on the town.

"Can we talk some more?" He asked. I barely heard him over the music since Quinn liked it to be at an ear splitting volume. "I can't do this right now, Harry. I'm working," I replied. "I'm busy."

He scoffed. "You aren't busy. You're just folding trousers."

That made me roll my eyes. "And that's part of my job description. Now if you could please—"

"Hey, Veve?" Tyler, a coworker spoke. Turning my attention to his tall figure, I grinned. "What's up, Ty?"

"I didn't know if you needed any help with your guest or not." I grinned. "Nah, this is a friend of mine. He just wants to talk to me."

He nodded. "Okay. Well if you change your mind man, just come find me." And with that said he walked off. Harry nodded before looking back at me. I finished fixing the jeans and moved on to another table. In the process I ran into Quinn.

"Shoot! I'm sorry, Q!" She waved it off. "It's fine, V. Hi, I'm Quinn. How are you doing today?"

Harry flashed her his dimpled smile. "Great, thanks. I'm Harry Styles, a friend of Veve's. Are you the boss around here?"

Quinn nodded. "Yes sir!"

"Great. Could I possibly steal Veve for the rest of the day? I know this is her job and everything, but this is really important," he explained. Oh god. He's using his charm on her. Those eyes and those dimples and that smile. He uses that on everyone and their mom! When Quinn nodded, I almost fainted. She normally never let's people go home early unless they're sick or it's a family emergency. "You sure can. Have fun, V." She winked and walked over to greet another guest that just walked in.

"Well," he stated. "Go get your things." I almost flipped him the bird, but kept my anger under control and headed to the backroom. I clocked out, grabbed my things, put mine and Lulu's car keys in her purse, big goodbye to everyone I saw and made my way back out on the floor.

I waved Lulu down. "Dumbass used his charm on Quinn and got me off early. I put the keys in your purse so you can drive home," I explained.

She nodded. "Okay. Try not to kill him. If you need anything call me or Gavin. I'll make Tyler come get you and go all ninja on his ass." I just chuckled, and walked off. I made no promises. When I got to him and his security guard, I glared. "Let's go."

&&&

"Why'd you take me from work to go sit in a stupid car?" I asked hatefully. We were sitting in this stupid black Escalade in the mall parking lot with it running. The security guard was sitting in the driver seat messing about on his phone while Harry and I sat awkwardly in the back. "This shit is awkward, and you know I don't like awkward."

Harry sighed, shaking his head. "I don't know my way around here."

"Then let me drive." I tapped the guy on the shoulder and grinned a sickly sweet grin at him. "Since you two don't know this place from Adam, it'll be easier for me to drive. So can I?" He nodded and climbed out of the car. I grinned and climbed over the middle console, plopping down in the driver seat. Another thud sounded to my right. Harry was now in the passenger seat. Oh boy.

"I'm thirsty. What about you guys?" They both nodded and buckled their seatbelts. The big man had taken up the backseat and was now once again messing on his phone. "Well, there's a Sonic just up the road. So hold on fellas!" And with that said, I backed out of the spot they were in and took off.

A short five minutes later, we were sitting in a stall at Sonic. Harry was staring at the menu like it was in a foreign language. Oh Jesus.

"It's an easy choice," I spoke. "There's only so many drink choices."

He sighed, leaning over me to look at the menu. "But it's such a hard a choice. I can't make up my mind." I groaned, pushing his back. "Then I'll just order for you. Are you sure you don't want anything Mr. Security Man?"

"I'm sure. Thanks anyway," he replied. I grinned as I pushed the red call button. "You're welcome!"

"This is Josh, what can I do for you today?" The Sonic carhop who flirted with me. Freakin awesome. Not gonna lie, he was kinda cute. And he had tattoos. "I need a route 44 cherry vanilla Coke and a route 44 raspberry sweet tea; both of those packed with ice. And two things of mozzarella sticks please."

"Route 44 raspberry sweet tea, route 44 cheery vanilla Coke, and two mozzarella sticks. Your total will be five fifty. Thanks for making our Sonic yours, have a nice day."

Harry laughed. "He sounds very enthused to be working."

"Not everyone can be a popstar and love their job," I said as I stuck my hand in the back left pocket of his jeans and pulled out his wallet. He jumped. "Bloody hell, Veve!"

"Calm down, I'm just getting your wallet." I opened it and all I saw were those stupid British pounds or whatever the hell they're called. I gaped at him. "You came to America and you don't have any American dollars!? What kind of tourist are you?!"

He held his hands up in defense. "I didn't know I'd be coming here! It was a spur of the moment thing! And I have credit cards!"

Rolling my eyes, I dug my wallet out of my purse that was by his feet. I got a five and two quarters out of it and set it in my lap. Not even a second later a carhop approached the car. It was Josh, the guy who flirted with me like no other. I flirted back, but who wouldn't? He was freakin adorable. And he had tattoos. I loved a guy with tattoos.

"Veve! I didn't recognize you because of the car," he spoke. I laughed. "It's my friends car. He's in town for a few days and doesn't know his way around."

He nodded letting out an 'ahh'. "Oh, well that's nice of you. Here's your stuff by the way." He handed me the drinks, food, and straws and I handed him a ten dollar bill instead of a five.

"Keep the change."

"Thanks babe." He took a five out of his wad of money and stuck it in his pocket. "Did you go get that one album I was telling you about?"

I shook my head and said, "I haven't had the time! I've been working nonstop and when I get off I'm exhausted."

"Well, you'll have to come over to my place and listen to it. It's sick."

With a laugh, I nodded. "Totally! See ya later, Josh." He waved. "See ya!"

My straw was stuck in my drink and I took a big swig. Oh sweet baby Jesus, I needed that. Sonic Cokes beat any other Cokes out there. So did their sweet teas. I took a big bite out of one of my mozzarella sticks and almost sighed. They were delicious.

"Did you giggle at him?" I looked over toward Harry to see him staring at me with narrowed eyes. "No! Why would I giggle?"

"You giggled at him," he stated. "You fucking giggled at him. And he was staring at your boobs."

I narrowed my eyes right back. "What if I did? And so what if he was? It's not like I'm dating you, so it doesn't matter." That shut him up.

&&&

This was probably my favorite spot on the planet. At night time it was the best. The stars and the sounds of frogs and crickets. It was my kind of therapy. It calmed me down. Sure it was a pond in the middle of a pasture but it was my therapy that didn't cost a dime.

"It smells like manure," Harry spoke lowly. I whacked him in the stomach without taking my eyes off of the starry night sky. He groaned. "Fuck."

"Don't ruin it, Harold," I snapped. "And what would you expect, my aunt and uncle have cows around here somewhere."

"Well, I was just sayin'."

"Well, I'm just sayin', shut up."

The song that started playing from my phone was one of my favorite songs by Imagine Dragons. When the sun went down we dropped Mr. Security Man off at their hotel after promising him I wouldn't let anyone harm the popstar. That didn't mean I wouldn't harm him. Technically I wasn't just anyone, I was his ex who mistakenly told him I loved him. So I could harm him if I wanted too. But for right now, I just wanted to listen to the music and watch the stars twinkle.

Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flags, dye my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We paint it red to fit right in
Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

All systems go, the sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive


"I'm really sorry," Harry whispered. "For everything. Believe me when me I say, I would go back and change it if I could."

Why? Why'd he bring it up again? This was my calm place. My time away from the real world. I didn't need him bringing up all that stuff. I turned my head to look at him as he laid on the hood of the car beside me. "Why do you keep bringing it up? You apologized the other day at my uncles," I mumbled.

He sighed and said, "Because I don't know what else to do. I've never been in this bad of a situation before. I don't know if I should keep apologizing and sound like a broken record or just act like it never happened, and I'm sure as hell not gonna act like it didn't happen."

"I don't want you to keep apologizing. I know that you're sorry and all that, but it still doesn't change the fact that it happened," I explained. "What you did honestly broke my heart. Do you know what I told my dad?"

He shook his head, so I continued. "I begged him, I begged him, not to do anything. He was going to call Simon and everyone else thats high up at your label and ruin you. I begged him; I begged him crying like a little baby. I told him that I loved you and that you didn't deserve to be ruined like he's done to so many others."
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated... Sorry?