Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Cigarette Duet

My father. The man that helped make me. The man who left when I was ten. The man who lies to me. The reason behind the way I act out. The man who I want to murder.  

Ever since I could remember he's lied to me. Whether it be about taking me to get ice cream when I was little or saying I wasn't going on tour with a boy band...yet again. It just blew my mind that he thought he could lie to me and still get away with it. He wouldn't know what to do if he didn't lie to me. He'd be lost. His entire world would come crumbling down and he'd be left standing in the rubble. Okay, that's a little dramatic but you get the picture. 

For the last hour I'd been trying to call him. Every time it went straight to voice mail. He knew what I was calling about and was forwarding them. Next time I see him he's gonna get an ear full. The guys invited us out for a late dinner, so we were in Burger King which happened to be one of the few places that was open this late. Louis acted like he's never seen a Burger King play place before so we were forced to sit in the play place room and eat our dinner. We had all finished our dinner and were playing on the toys. 

"Harry! Look at me!" Niall shouted. I looked up to see him in the clear plastic window on one of the slides waving down at Harry. I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity, so I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures. Now to carefully crawl in the maze of stuff and find the others for pictures. 

“How the hell am I going to do this?" I asked myself, staring at the different levels I had to climb up just to get to the top. “I could hold your camera for you if you'd like," a deep British accented voice spoke.

Glancing back I saw it was Harry. I nodded after a few minutes of thinking it over and handed him my baby, then slipped my gladiator sandals off. “Scratch it and your ass will be grass," I spoke. He caught my light joking tone and cracked a smile making his dimples flare up. Those dimples. I was a sucker for dimples. 

When I finally got to the top with Harry right behind me I took my camera from him. He looked toward the yellow tunnel and started crawling through it. “Harry," I called out. He stopped crawling and looked over his shoulder at me. “Smile." He smiled and I snapped the picture. These are going on their Facebook and every other social networking site of theirs I'm supposed to update and put pictures on. I crawled in behind him with my camera around my neck. When we got to the area that looked like a wrestling mat, Louis and Zayn were pretending to fight. Louis grabbed Zayn's foot making Zayn go wide eyed. 

“Louis, don't even think about it!" He shouted, but it was too late. Louis had already pushed him down on the mats and was laying on top of him with him in a headlock. I snapped a picture and grinned when it turned out perfectly. Suddenly Liam came rolling out of a tunnel then jumped up and did a ninja move. The picture I got of him was when he was doing a ninja kick in the air. Awesome picture. Now I need one of all of them. 

“Could you guys all get together for a group picture?" I asked. Louis and Zayn stopped wrestling, Liam stopped doing ninja moves and making ninja sounds, and Niall came out of the green tunnel. “I want my picture taken in the slide!" Louis shouted. “On Harry's back!" 

How in the world would that pan out? “Do you want everyone in the slide or what?" I questioned. Louis shouted yes and took off for the big pink slide. When we all reached it he was jumping on the balls of his feet. Liam stopped him from going down the slide first.

“Ladies first," he said. Louis pouted, but let me go first nonetheless. I slid down the slide and got out at the bottom. I heard a slew of yells from the boys and a couple thuds. Then Louis and Harry appeared in the opening; Harry on his stomach with Louis laying on top of him. Next came Zayn who shifted to the left, then Liam who shifted to the right, and lastly Niall who stuck his head in the middle of them. They all put on their best smiles, waiting for me to snap a picture. 

“Funny picture!" Niall exclaimed after I got the picture. They all did something funny making me laugh. I was laughing so much I almost didn't get the picture. Now them getting out of the slide was a whole other story. I have never laughed so much in my entire life. They all tumbled out of the slide and landed on Harry except Louis. He made it out without hurting himself. That made them all yell at him saying it was all his fault and he was bloody dead when they got up.

“Veve! Your phones ringing!" I slipped my camera around my neck and hurried over to Lulu where she was holding my phone.

NIGHTMARE!
Now your nightmare comes to life--
 

I hit talk and walked out of the empty fast food building and to the parking lot. 

“Why the hell do you think you can lie to me and get away with it? You told me they weren't the typical boy band when I said I wouldn't do it if they were," I spat into the phone.

“The only way you would go was if I lied about them. Don't get so angry about it," he calmly replied. 

“Oh shut up Dad. I don't appreciate you lying to me."

“I don't appreciate you talking to me this way. I'm your father, you need to respect me."

I scoffed. “Respect you? I'll respect you when pigs fucking fly. And you haven't been my father for seven years, your just a guy who knocked up my mom. So basically you're just a sperm donor. If you don't like the way I fucking talk to you, then get rid of my number." I hung up the phone and shoved it in my shorts pocket, pulling at my hair. 

I need cigarettes. I quickly ran to mine and Lulu's bus and got our secret stash from out of the fridge. We taped them to the back of the orange juice container since we didn't want anyone knowing we smoked. I had a lighter in my bunk so grabbed that and ran back to the building, lighting up. As soon as I inhaled and blew the smoke out, I instantly calmed down. This was like my own personal therapist.

“I wouldn't take you for the smoking type." The voice startled me making me drop the barely used cigarette to the ground. I stepped on it with a scowl on my face and turned to face the culprit of scaring me. Zayn. “Next time you sneak up on people, make some noise dude."

He smirked. “I'll be sure to do that. Can I bum one?" I handed him the lighter and box of cigarettes before leaning against the wall of the building. “Does Caroline know you smoke?" He blew smoke out of his nose. 

I nodded. “She smokes too. Nobody else knows we smoke," I replied. “That's why we hide them in the fridge."

He let out a loud laugh. “You hide your cigarettes in the fridge?" Again, I nodded. “You guys are...different."

“I'll take that as a compliment."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“Oh! No! Shoot you stupid gun! JBismyb!t(h can't kill me!" I shouted at the flat screen. I was in the lounge with Lulu and we were playing Black Ops online on the PS3. We both had mics on and were cussing up a storm at the people we were playing against online. We were both very good at this. My brothers and our close friend Zack always got mad 'cause we beat them and ended up saying stuff like they taught us how to play and we shouldn't be better then them. Sore losers is what I call 'em. 

“Ahhh! You son of a cock sucking donkey fucker!" Lulu yelled standing up and jabbing the buttons on the controller. She had died. I snorted not taking my eyes off the screen. Bright and early this morning we left for the guys' show in Chicago. We should be getting there anytime now. 

I changed my gun and shot a person. “Fuck yeah! Suck on that JBismyb!t(h! You should change your name to ‘I'm Veve's bitch'." I did a little happy dance as Lulu paused the game and recorded me on her phone. I sang a song about me kicking major ass while I danced too. 

A cough broke us from our COD marathon/celebration. I stopped doing the running man and looked up to see the guys of One Direction standing in the doorway. Lulu kept recording, but turned to the guys. Their faces were priceless. They looked like they'd never seen a girl do this before.

“Howdy!" I waved like I wasn't just dancing like a total retard. 

They all waved and kept quiet...well except for Louis. He wanted to dance. Liam however stopped him from coming over and whisking me away with his amazing dancing skills. “We have a signing in an hour and then we're going out to eat," he informed us. We're in Chicago already? I shut off the PlayStation and slipped on my Vans beanie. Probably looked like a grunge slob but whatever. I dressed differently all the time. It depended on my mood I guess. 

We all climbed off the bus and piled in the van. Their bus driver was driving while Paul their bodyguard sat in the passenger seat. We made it to the mall a few minutes later. The front was swarming with girls, so we had to around to the back. The mall was huge. Paul led us to the middle of the mall where there was a long table set up with five chair and five black sharpies. Behind the table was a white backdrop and in front of the tabs here were barricades. Security guards were spread out in case some crazy fan decided to jump over the barricade and attack the boys. When the boys got settled they opened the doors. All at once the girls all came running. It was like a damn stampede. 

“Holy shit balls," I mumbled. 

“Holy shit balls is right," Lulu mumbled. I quickly recovered from my state of shock and snapped pictures. A hand full of girls noticed me standing by the guys and gave me dirty looks. I however ignored them and asked Lulu to hold my camera, then got out my video camera. I turned it towards me and smiled with a wave. “Hey! Name's Veve and I'm here at the One Direction signing in Chicago. Here's a look at what goes on at signings." 

“Oh my god! It's One Direction!" I bit back a laugh and scanned the crowd with the camera. “I'm gonna go walk the barricades," I told everyone. 

“Be careful," everyone echoed. I waved them off and started walking the barricades. A girl that looked to be around my age caught sight of my camera and waved me over. 

“Are you video taping us?" She asked excitedly. I nodded and adjusted the beanie on my head. “It'll probably end up on their Myspace or something," I answered. "What's your name?"

“Jade."

“Well Jade it's nice to meet you, I'm Veve. Is there anything you wanna say to the boys?" The smile on her face was huge. She really was a big fan. 

“Oh my god. Are they really going to see this?" She continued when I nodded. “Holy...okay, um...I love you guys. Your music is amazing. I listen to it everyday. It made me believe there is such thing as love, and that I'll find that special someone one day. So thank you. You've changed a lot of girls' opinions on love."

That was deep. For their music to change someones opinion on love is amazing. For music to change someones opinion on something that big just blows my mind. It makes me wonder if my pictures effect people the way their music does. If not effect them as much as their music does, maybe half or less. I would just want to know. It would make me feel like I was on top of the world.

“Thanks for that Jade. Anyone else want to say anything?" A couple girls nodded making them look like bobble heads. A girl who had a shirt on that said ‘Larry Stylinson all the way!' with a picture of Harry and Louis under it surrounded by a heart asked, “Can we sing one of their songs?!"

I chuckled. “If you've got music, go for it." That made them all jump for joy. The line moved a bit as the girl searched her phone for music. A second later one of their songs started playing as the group of girls by me got ready to sing.

It feels like we've been livin' in fast forward
Another moment passing by
(Up up up all night)
The party's ending but it's now or never
Nobody's going home tonight
(Up up up all night)

Katy Perry’s on replay
She's on replay
DJ got the floor to shake, the floor to shake
People going all the way
Yeah, all the way
I'm still wide awake

I wanna stay up all night
And jump around until we see the sun
I wanna stay up all night
And find a girl and tell her she's the one
Hold on to the feeling
And don't let it go
'Cause we got the floor now
Get out of control
I wanna stay up all night
And do it all with you


By now practically all the girls were singing. It sounded like a damn concert in here. I climbed up on a bench so I could get  every one of the fans on camera.

Up, up, up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night

Don't even care about the table breaking
We only wanna have a laugh
(Up up up all night)
I'm only thinking 'bout this girl I'm seeing
I hope she’ll wanna kiss me back
(Up up up all night)

Katy Perry’s on replay
She's on replay
DJ got the floor to shake, the floor to shake
People going all the way
Yeah, all the way
I'm still wide awake

I wanna stay up all night
And jump around until we see the sun
I wanna stay up all night
And find a girl and tell her she's the one
Hold on to the feeling
And don't let it go
'Cause we got the floor now
Get out of control
I wanna stay up all night
And do it all with you

Up, up, up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night

Katy Perry’s on replay
(Up all night)
She's on replay
(We're gonna want to stay up all night)
DJ got the floor to shake, the floor to shake
(We're gonna want to stay up all night)
Up all night, up all night
(We're gonna want to stay up all night)

I wanna stay up all night
And jump around until we see the sun
I wanna stay up all night
And find a girl and tell her she's the one (she's the one)
Hold on to the feeling
And don't let it go
'Cause we got the floor now
Get out of control
I wanna stay up all night
And do it all with you (do it all with you)

Up, up, up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night
 

This just might turn out to be a good day.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

After the signing the guys couldn't decide on a place to eat so since we were here in Chicago for two more nights and were staying in a hotel Lulu and I told them we would make them dinner. While they went back to the hotel we went to the nearest grocery store which happened to be a few blocks from the hotel. We had Chris drive us there. As soon as we got in there we grabbed a cart and I hopped in it as Lulu pushed me. 

“How do you like being on tour with the devil's creation aka boy bands?" Lulu asked as we went down the fresh fruit and vegetable aisle. I shrugged. “I need some carrots and apples. Eh, there's nothing I can really do about it. I don't like it, but I can't just leave. If I do I won't get paid and I really don't wanna listen to my dad bitch and moan. Plus, it's getting us out of actually going to school so that's a plus." 

She nodded and handed me the carrots and apples. “That is why your father is on my good list at times like this. He gets us out of going to school and dealing with dumbass people."

That was true. This was our senior year of high school. Back in Joplin we were those two girls who didn't get along with girls at all and had more guy friends then anything. We did have a really close friend named Sarah, but she died in the bad tornado that ripped through on May 22nd of 2011 which was last year. Thankfully nobody else close to me passed away. Almost 200 people did and it devastated the whole town. People from all over the world came to our small town to help. That meant a lot to us. So back to the high school situation. Zack and Chris were our only really close guy friends from back home. Now that I think about it we didn't tell them we left. Chris would understand though, he toured all the time with his band. My mom had called the school and our teachers were sending us our work through email. We should check our emails.

“We need to call Zack." Lulu let out a loud groan. “Shit! He's gonna kick our fucking asses!"

Duh. We left close to the end of our senior year without so much as a goodbye. He's gonna kill us." He probably wouldn't talk to us. “We're gonna miss our senior pranks!" I yelled with a horrified look on my face.

Thirty minutes later we were heading back up to the hotel. The guys were sharing a big room that was more like a small apartment. It had a kitchen, two bedrooms with king size beds, a living room, and two bathrooms. It was cute. Our room was next to it. It wasn't as nice, but it would do. 

While Lulu pushed the luggage cart with the grocery's on it I grabbed my new iPhone and called Zack. 

“Hello, you have reached my apology line. Please leave your apology at the beep. BEEEEEP!" He answered. I groaned. Dammit. He's mad. 

“Listen Zack, my dad didn't give me a choice," I started but he cut me off. 

“This doesn't sound like an apology. BEEEEP! BEEEEP! BEEEEP! BEEEEP! BEEEEP!" Rolling my eyes I knocked on the boys' hotel room door. It opened to reveal the blond Irishman. I let Lulu go in first and followed making sure to securely shut the door. 

“Zack will you just listen!" I said loudly. I caught the attention of the boys as I put my purse on the couch. “My dad didn't give me a choice this time. He told me who I was touring with and said I left in two days. Lulu and I were so busy we didn't have time to call."

“I'm still pissed at you guys. And our senior prank was gonna be epic." 

“Our senior prank was gonna be epic," I chuckled. “But I'll see if I could make it down for prom in May. We can fuck shit up."

“Hell yeah we can fuck shit up! We'll party like it's 1989!" Lulu shouted from the kitchen. Zack let out a loud laugh. She was a loud mouth. If she keeps it up the manager will be making a visit to our room. 

“Who is she talking too?" Harry mumbled to Zayn. Zayn shrugged. “Maybe her boyfriend. I don't know mate." 

“I'll see you then. Oh, Chris just walked in, I gotta go. Tell Lulu I love her. Love you Veve."

“Love you too. Tell Chris hey and I'll text him later." I hung up and put my phone on the end table by my purse. When I looked up five pairs of questioning eyes met mine. “What?"

“Was that your boyfriend?" Louis asked wiggling his eyebrows. 

I shook my head with a laugh. “No, why?"

“'Cause Harry wanted to know!" He shouted. My eyes glanced at Harry to see a faint blush on his cheeks as he leaned over and punch Louis in the arm. “Did not," he grumbled.

“Don't lie mate," Niall started in. “You know you wanted to know." 

He shot the blond boy a glare before messing with his phone. Why would he wanna know if I had a boyfriend or not? I can't date him anyway. My dad always told me to never get involved with his clients. He said it would be bad for the company. Make people think he only worked with bands and singers who got with his daughter. 

“I'm gonna go help fix dinner. We're having spaghetti and garlic bread with a salad." With that said I made my way into the kitchen. "Where'd you put the carrots?"

A loud shriek sounded from the living room followed by a thud, then pounding footsteps. “You got carrots?! Where? Where are they? I need my bloody carrots woman!" The look on Louis' face was hilarious. He looked like a rabid squirrel. I held the bag of carrots to my chest.

“You aren't getting any of my carrots until dinner. Now step away with your hands in the air," I ordered. He got this sad look on his face along with a pout and wide doe like eyes. 

“But...but," he whined. I shook my head and pointed to the living room. He sniffled. “Nobody's ever denied me my carrots." He took off from the room fake crying. He could be heard fake sobbing to Liam about me denying him his one true love and how he was going to go jump off the balcony.

“Drama queen."
♠ ♠ ♠
So in case you haven't noticed I changed the title, the plot -somewhat-, the layout, and the ages. The thing about Joplin is actually true. It happened last year and it was a hard time for many people. I also have no clue if JBismyb!t(h is an actual persons username on the PS3 network. I had just got done watching the video where they asked the guys how loud Niall screamed about Justin Bieber or whatever and thought I'd use it. Comment? Subscribe? Peace, love, monster!

Image
I love Liam and Zayn's expressions. xD