Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

Words Hurt

“No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.”
― Regina Brett


As much as I didn't want to wake up like this, there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't travel back in time. I couldn't change where I fell asleep. I couldn't change who I slept in the same bed as me. I couldn't change that everything involved Harry.

We got in a fight at his house. We ignored each other at his house. I fell asleep at his house. He ended up in the same bed as me. I woke up in the same bed as him. I woke up to him spooning me. I woke up in my exes house and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Why does this always happen to me?" I muttered. As quietly and carefully as I could, I lifted his arm off of me and untangled our legs, then slid out of the bed.

My sandals were abandoned at the bottom of the staircase along with my kimono. I snatched them up and went straight to the front door. As soon as I stepped outside into the muggy air, I put on my sandals and kimono. There was no glance thrown over my shoulder as I walked away from Harry's place. If I looked back, I'd get the urge to stay and I didn't want to stay. What Harry said last night just rubbed me the wrong way. And I wasn't going to stick around and wait for him to say something else.

"Jesus tits," I muttered. I was halfway down the street when it started sprinkling. And I didn't even think to grab an umbrella from Harry's. There was no turning back now, so I just kept walking. I was good at remembering things. I had a photographic memory I guess. Another twenty minutes of walking and it was steadily raining now. "God hates me."

The sound of a car engine made me groan. They were going to drive past me and splash me. I just knew it.

"Veve?"

Fuck me.

"Veve, what're you doing?" Maybe if I ignore him, he'll leave me alone. "Quit ignoring me."

Luck wasn't on my side today. "I'm not ignoring you. The rain is just really loud." It was raining, but not enough to mess with my hearing. And that's what made me giggle.

The black Range Rover pulled up beside me, slowing down to keep pace with me. The passenger window was rolled down and he looked at me with squinted eyes. Don't look at him, Veronica. Don't look at him.

"Get in the car, V." Now I openly ignored him. "V, get in the car. It's starting to pour."

I shook my head and sighed. "I'm perfectly fine out here by myself, thank you." He let out an aggravated sigh as he put his car in park. Well shit. Maybe if I took off in a sprint, he wouldn't be able to catch me. Might as well give it a try. I didn't even get two feet before he grabbed my wrist.

"Jesus Christ, Harry!" I exclaimed. "Leave me be. Let me walk back to Niall's in the rain." With one jerk, I ripped my wrist from his grip.

The rain was wetting down his curls, making them stick to his head and flatten. He looked like a drowned rat. I'm sure I wasn't far behind. A sigh emitted from him once more and that was when he made his move. He moved quick. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, carrying me to his car. The passenger door was pulled open and I was not so kindly placed in the seat, then the door was slammed shut. Well. Isn't he just lovely. My eyes followed him as he jogged around the front of the car and quickly climbed in the driver seat.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" I questioned. He snorted. "Why do I have to be so stubborn? Why do you have to be so stubborn?! I'm saving you from a bloody head cold!"

I scoffed. "I didn't ask to be helped. I'm an adult who can take care of myself perfectly fine."

What he said next left me with a slew of emotions. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to jump out of the car. I wanted to be anywhere but with him.

"Yeah, because an adult has to rely on their parents for a house to stay in and to pay all their bills, and buy them a car and give them anything they want," he snapped. "I'd say you take care of yourself alright."

Image

I honestly haven't wanted to hurt someone as much as I did Harry. There was a voice in the back of my head the other day telling me to get back with him. To forgive him for what he did. But now, I knew for a fact that that wasn't going to happen any time soon. He hit it where it hurt. And he knew what he was saying and what it would do to me.

Lulu had went to stay with Zayn at his place, so I was left at Niall's by myself. But he kept me busy. We went driving around and he showed me all the tourist spots. Big Ben. The London Eye. Hyde Park. Trafalgar Square. Piccadilly Circus. That was a big cluster you-know-what. But it was amazing. I took my camera and of course took a million and one pictures.

He didn't question when I came home this morning, dripping wet. He didn't even ask me what was wrong when he noticed my red eyes. He just gave me a hug and let me cry. It didn't take a genius to realize that Harry was behind it. Harry seemed to be behind all my bad moods as of late. So when we stopped at a Tesco on our way home and stocked up on junk food and alcohol, I knew this was Niall's way of trying to cheer me up. He knew the way to my heart. Why couldn't I have chose him?

"He's a right git," he stated, shoving a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. I giggled, the alcohol taking full effect on my body. "He's a raging twat monster." When I got drunk, I tended to speak with accents. Mostly British, but there were times I switched it up and did an Australian accent. Tonight I chose British. And it was quite spot on.

He barked a laugh. "Raging twat monster! HA! Highest of fives!" He threw his body across the couch and held his arm out. I slapped my hand against his, then went back to snacking on some cool ranch Doritos.

"I'm totally tweeting that!"

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
Raging twat monster!

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
#subtweet

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
@HarryStyles

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
@VeveDarling ohmergawd i lurv u

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
Let's see if all you Directioners can get #TeamVeve trending in the next hour!!

Lady Justice @VeveDarling
ohmergawd niall horan jst said he lurvd me ohmergawd i lurv u 2 bby @NiallOfficial


"I'm already getting hate DMs," I said with a chuckle. Niall and I looked at each other through half lidded eyes and busted up laughing. We may have mowed through the six pack of beer and three-quarters a bottle of whiskey. We may have been drunk. But that didn't stop us from drinking more. You were only young once. I'm going to go with the flow and use the term 'YOLO'.

Niall abruptly stopped laughing. "What if Harry comes and beats me up? His temper has been horrid these last few months. What if he—" He hiccuped. "—he hits me in me knees? You'll protect me right?"

The look he gave me reminded me of a puppy. It made my drunk self want to cuddle him and pet his hair. And that's just what I did. I abandoned my chips and drink and crawled across the couch, mumbling that he reminded me of a cute little puppy dog and that I wanted to cuddle him and all his cute puppy-ness. He gladly accepted the free cuddles.

"I won't let him hurt my Niallkins," I murmured. We both squirmed around until we were comfortable laying against the couch. My back was against the back of the couch and his arm was between my back and the couch. He was laying flat on his back while I tangled my legs with his and rested my head on his chest. "Good," he slurred. "Did you—Did you know—" He hiccuped. "—that I lurv you?"

I grinned. "Lurv you too, Niallkins." I held up my phone and turned the camera to face us. "Let's take a selfie!"

He snatched the camera from me and took our picture. We didn't look as drunk as we were. But I still posted it on Twitter.

Lady Justice @VeveDarling
Cuddle time pic.twitter.com/68FQeeRMIv @NiallOfficial


Image

"Niall!"

Niall and I let out quiet groans and buried our faces into whatever was closest to us. The back of the couch was mine and his was my chest. A big furry blanket covered both of us and his couch was beyond comfy. I literally didn't want to move from this spot. My head, no doubt would start pounding if I stayed away much longer, so I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing. Niall did the same.

"Niall!" Neither of us said anything. "Niall!" Nothing was said again. "Niall!"

"'M tryna sleep in here!" He shouted. "G'way!"

The footsteps stopped going up the stairs and came pounding down them and into the living room. Seeing as said person wanted Niall and not me, I buried my head further into the back of the couch and took a deep breath. The footsteps stopped by our heads, but I ignored them.

Sleep. I needed sleep.

"What is going on?" Said person asked slowly. Niall let out another groan and nuzzled my chest. "We were sleeping, but some people don't understand what that means," he snapped.

"Oh shove off," the person snapped. "Why is Veve with you?"

"G'way, Louis."

Louis let out a loud sigh. "Did you forget that we have to go pick out outfits for the Olympics performance and then do a run through?"

Niall once again groaned. "But it's so comfy here."

Louis scoffed and said, "Yeah, Veve's boobs are comfy alright."

"What about Veve's boobs?"

Well fuck me. Not only did Louis come and wake us up, but he brought his ass hat of a friend. Jesus. I could never catch a break. I'd always see his stupid face everywhere I turned. There was no escaping Harry Styles. Niall immediately shot up, scrambling to get away from me. Which ended with him on the floor tangled in the blanket.

"Fuck," he groaned. I made no move to see if he was okay. My hope was that Harry wouldn't know I was in here and not make a big deal about it. But knowing my luck, he would. "Me arse and me head."

"Oh, uh, nothing," Louis rushed out. "Nothing at all."

Harry's footsteps stopped in the living room. "I specifically heard you say 'Veve's boobs'."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"No you didn't. You need to start wearing your in-ears the whole time we perform. I think it's messing with your hearing."

"You're rambling. You ramble when you lie. Why were you talking about Veve's boobs?"

Louis sighed. He better not cave like I think he will. "Why do you care? You royally fucked up with her the last few days. She practically hates you."

Oh my god, Louis. I think I love you. If the start of a hangover wasn't edging it's way into my body, I would've jumped up and gave him a big kiss right on the smackers.

"Can you, like, not say that?" Harry mumbled. "Because I know I screwed up. I just don't know what to do to fix it, or if anything will even fix it."

He had no idea. No idea, that if he said those three simple words, that I'd take him back. I'd take him back in a heartbeat. No questions asked. Simple as that.

I love you.

And I'd take him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harry might be coming to his senses.

Go check out my newest blog, The Contents of my Purse. Every girl needs to read it.