Sequel: Dandelion
Status: Writing as I go :)

Wildflower

One Thing

Avoiding someone who you practically live with isn't all that easy. Especially when said person keeps trying to talk to you. Niall and Lulu had been around me at all times. Niall had become like my brother. I could now also call him one of my best friends. Without him and Lulu I wouldn't have been coming out of my room. Niall didn't ask any questions, but I figured tonight after the concert I'd tell him why I reacted the way I did. 

Now on to less sad things! Niall took pictures of our matching tattoos we got and tweeted them. His fans loved them. Some of them were asking why he got a tattoo with me aka the nameless/faceless girl. No one has yet to get a picture of my face or my name. But I'm pretty sure someone would recognize me from the back at one of the concerts and put two and two together, and they'd know it was me. If they did I'm pretty sure my Facebook and Twitter would be blown up by now. Fake people from back home would be trying to be my friends and all that good stuff. Some girls were upset their sweet, innocent Irishman had something permanent put on his skin. And went on to say I was a bad influence. Okay first thing, they don't know me therefor they can't say shit about me. Second, Niall is an adult who can make his own choices and it was his choice to get the cross tattooed on his wrist. Third, he got the tattoo because he wanted it, not because I forced him too. Forth, 99.9% of those girls don't know him so they need to quit acting like they do. He isn't ‘theirs', he's not an object. He's a human being. I know they're his fans and everything, but seriously chillax. I loved the guys' fans who were down to earth like the ones from the signing at the beginning of the tour. The ones who were outrageous, serial killer obsessed, stalkerish, and thought they knew what was best for them were who bothered me. Hell, some of them probably knew the boys better then they did themselves.

“Meow mother fucker!" Lulu shouted as she zipped by us on her skateboard. We were at the venue and on the way here we had drove past a skateboard shop and she demanded that we stop so she could buy two; one for her and one for me. Hers had ‘I heart haters' on it and mine had ‘Deathwish' on it. John their manager said they needed to do a run down of everything to make sure it was working. Niall was nice enough to invite us along. I shook my head and dropped my board on the ground. 

“Niall-kins will you hold my camera?" He took the camera from me and put it around his neck. “Anything for my Veve-kins," he replied. Before I took off I tightened the knot on my plaid shirt so it wouldn't come undone and smiled as my belly ring glinted in the sun. I loved that thing. I hopped on the board and pushed off with my right foot, quickly catching up to my blonde friend. 

“Bark bark bitch!" I shouted as I passed her. Niall could be heard laughing along with the sound of my camera clicking. He was taking our pictures. I was the photographer for a reason. I didn't like my picture being taken. But I'd let it slide this time. We did a few tricks and then rode in the venue door that Zayn held open for us. 

“M'ladies," he spoke bowing. Lulu went in first and when I passed him I held my hands together like I was praying and bowed my head. “M'man," I spoke. The guys -minus Harry- chuckled at that. What? He said m'ladies so I figured why not say m'man. It's only logical. 

“Veve-kins, we gotta go practice. Here's your camera." I took my camera from Niall and kissed his cheek in thanks. Once they were all out on stage Lulu and I threw ourselves on the couch backstage and started messing with our phones. I had texts from everyone, Facebook alerts, and Twitter alerts, so I checked all of those. Nothing too exciting. One of my texts was from Kohl and he didn't sound too happy.

Since when are you not a fucking virgin? 

The fuck? How did he--Zack. That dumbass. I'm going to kill him. I'm going to put bacon in his pillowcase so he will sniff it when I smother him with his pillow, then I'll proceed to burn his body like they do to the hunters in the tv show Supernatural. Can you tell I've put some thought into this? Because I have. A lot of thought. There's been more then a hundred occassions where I've wanted to kill him, so I've had time to think this over. Call me crazy, but whatever. 

“Zack blabbed to Kohl and told him I'm not a virgin," I told Lulu. She stared at me with wide eyes and her mouth hanging open. Yeah, exactly. “Oh my god. What did he say?"

I showed her the text and she looked back up at me. “He's majorly pissed. He never says the F word unless he's really pissed." 

“I know." I stared down at my phone almost afraid to reply. "How do I respond?" 

She shrugged. “I don't know. Ask him who told him." Since that was the only thing I could think of I did just that.

Can I ask who told you?

Not even ten seconds later I had a response.

Me and a couple of people were drinking and Zack told me. Did you have sex?

Yeah but it doesn't matter.

It does fucking matter Veronica! You're my baby sister and you had sex! 

Just drop it Kohl. There's nothing you can do about it now.

I put my texts to silent and slid my phone in the back pocket of my shorts. "It was Zack who told," I stated. 

What Lulu said next made me laugh. “So your plan or our collaboration plan?" We had a plan that both of us came up with. It was thought out much like mine was. But it's a secret, and only Zack will know when the time comes. Is it bad that we have plans to kill our best friend? Or is that normal? 

“I don't know. We'll have to decide. I like the bacon pillow idea a lot," I replied. She nodded with a grin. While she kept thinking about that I got on YouTube on my phone. I scrolled through all our random videos we'd made over the years and clicked on one we made last year. When I saw what we were wearing in it I busted out laughing. That made Lulu look at me oddly. I showed her the video and she gasped, “It's a sign! We gotta do the dance now! Turn it up! Come on, shake ya groove thang!"

We were wearing almost the exact same thing. Kinda scary. She pulled me up as I turned the volume up as loud as it would go on my phone. When we stopped talking in the video and the music started we started dancing. We may not have been the best, but we were having fun. If we were having fun that's all that mattered. Sometimes we got bored when we were at home and no one else was there so we would get my video camera and dance to whatever song started playing on my iTunes. When we were really bored we'd go to the mall or WalMart or somewhere and dance around acting like complete idiots. We got kicked out a few times for ‘disturbing costumers.' 

“I'm gonna start ‘cooking'," I said with a chuckle. Lulu loved when I did this. She said I did the ‘cooking' like a boss. I acted like I was cooking and did it really fast. When I was finished Lulu started dancing again. 

As soon as we were finished we collapsed on the floor. I was laid eagle spread while Lulu had her head resting on my stomach, laying straight as a board with her hands crossed over her chest like a dead person. Odd child, that one. I strained my ears to see if I could hear the boys singing but I couldn't. Why aren't they singing? Now that I listen, it's basically dead silent. Oh god. Did we kill everyone with our amazing dance skills?! I opened my eyes and turned my head to the right then to the left after I didn't see anyone. As soon as I looked left I saw the boys and a few crew members standing there staring at us.

“Um....what was that?" Harry asked slowly. Lulu quietly growled making me bite back a smile. We had yet to speak to him. He'd tried, but Niall made sure he stayed away. More so from me then Lulu. Although knowing Lulu she would drill him in the stomach then while he's bent over holding his stomach she would take that as her chance to kick him in the family jewels. She's violent when you mess with the people close to her.

He let out a loud, aggravated sigh. “What was that?" Liam asked noticing we weren't making any move to answer his curly haired friend. 

“Dancing," Lulu answered not moving or opening her eyes. I stayed where I was with my head turned so I could look at them. “Have you never seen someone dance before?" I asked with a smirk. 

“Shush." I stuck my tongue out at Niall who stuck his out in return. 

“Okay, so you're an amazing cook, amazing photographer, gorgeous, loves carrots, and you dance?" My cheeks heated up when Louis called me gorgeous, but I nodded anyway. “Will you marry me?!" 

I jumped up making Lulu's head hit the floor with a thud. Ignoring her groans of pain, I ran at Louis and loudly said, “Take me away secret lover! Sweep me off my feet" He scooped me up in his arms bridal style and ran down the hall toward their dressing room. 

“I want our wedding cake to be shaped like a big carrot! And the groomsmens to be dressed in orange suits and the bridesmaids to be in matching orange dresses with green things in their hair to look like leaves on a carrot!"

I couldn't help but laugh. “Whatever you say Lou."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“Hey Liam?" He looked up at me through the mirror in their dressing room. “How come Harry acted the way he did the other day?" 

He seemed to think about it before answering. “He was worried something had happened. He didn't want anything to happen you to guys."

I nodded and mumbled a thanks. If he was worried he could have just talked to us instead of scream. I get that he was angry and everything, but yelling wasn't what he should have done. So he was worried about us and when we got back he exploded on us. I wouldn't have done that. I know he won't do that now because of my reaction. None of them will. If one of them did I'm pretty sure Lulu would go all ninja on their asses. 

“Liam we're on in two minutes," Zayn said poking his head in the door. Liam nodded and buttoned the last button on his plaid shirt, then threw his arm around my shoulder and we headed out the door. When we reached the rest of the boys Niall spotted us and wiggled his eyebrows. 

“Where have you two been?" I shook my head and moved to head for the pit. You could already hear the deafening screams. The sound of a smack met my ears. “Shut it Niall. I have Sammy back home." 

I ignored their conversation and went to the pit. I smiled at the security guards who were standing with their big arms crossed over their chests and turned around snapping pictures of some fans. They were far too busy to notice me. It was funny how the fans acted. Some even went as far as crying. The lights dimmed making the screams get louder if that was even possible. 

“How's it going Miami!" Louis shouted into his mic. All the preteen and teenage girls went crazy. “Right now we're going to tell you What Makes You Beautiful!" And the opening guitars sounded. 

Through the whole concert I continuously snapped pictures. Watching those five boys perform their hearts out amazed me. The way they sang and the way they put their all into it, it just....it was amazing. They were doing this for the fans. The fans meant everything to them. For them to treat their fans the way they did was great. You don't see many famous people do that these days. It goes to show they haven't let the fame go to their heads. 

“Okay, okay, calm down." I stopped snapping pictures to look up the boys. They just finished their last song. Wonder what they're doing? “Harry here has something to say." Zayn nodded at Harry after he was done talking. Harry held the mic up to his mouth and started talking.

“So the other day I upset a girl that's become one of my best mates, and she hasn't talked to me since then." Que loud ‘aw' from the crowd. “I've tried to apologize but nothing seems to be working, so I thought I'd do the one thing I know best. Sing her a song." 

He was talking about me. He's singing me a song at a concert with thousands and thousands of people watching.

"This is Wildflower by Tom Petty." The guys all sat on bar stools in a row. Niall started playing his guitar as Harry got ready to sing. As soon as he started singing his eyes were on me. 

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free

Run away, find you a lover
Go away somewhere all bright and new
I have seen no other
Who compares with you

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free

Run away, go find a lover
Run away, let your heart be your guide
You deserve the deepest of cover
You belong in that home by and by

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong somewhere close to me
Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free
You belong somewhere you feel free


When him and the others finished singing the last few lines I had tears in my eyes. He remembered I said this was one of my favorite songs. I can't believe he remembered. The whole time he sang he stared at me as if I was the only person in the room. It made me blush. I normally didn't blush over stuff like that. I was the perverted, outgoing, hyper girl who didn't blush at simple things like that. I'm the girl your parents warned you about. 

As soon as they were done I all but sprinted backstage. I ran into Lulu when I got back there. She had a half glare half smile on her face. When she saw the tears in my eyes she wrapped me in a hug. “Why're you crying Veve?"

“He remembered," I mumbled. “He just sang me my favorite song Lulu." 

She nodded and pulled away from me. “Go talk to him." When they walked off stage Niall and Louis sandwiched me between them and hugged the life out of me. 

“Can't....breathe." They loosened their grip but didn't move. “I love you guys and everything, but you're sweaty and you stink and I--"

“Well I never!" I rolled my eyes at their shouts and ducked under their arms. They fell into each other making Lulu burst into a fit of giggles. Harry was over by the table filled with bottled water gulping down a bottle of his own so I made my way over there. I cleared my throat making him jump, almost choking on his water. 

“Hi," I murmured. 

“Hi," he murmured back. “Listen, I'm sorry for scaring you the other day. If I had known--"

I cut him off with a hug. “You're forgiven." After he got over the shock he hugged me back. He put his face in my hair and took a deep breath in. I don't know how long we stayed like that, but it was nice. It was nice not having to worry about staying away from him or having him yell again. This might sound weird but I felt safe in his arms. 

“Veve?" His soft voice made his chest rumble against my head. I let out a ‘hmm' and kept my arms around him. "Would you want to go on a date with me?"

A date? He wants to go out on a date? Why would he want to go out on a date with me? I'm nothing special. Plus if my dad found out we all know what he would do. Their manager John told them no funny business and I'm assuming he also meant no dating or anything of that sort. Is it bad that I really wanted to break the rules and go out with him? The smarter side of me was saying no while the rebelious side of me was saying yes. I let my rebelious side win, but under some circumstances. 

“Yes, but," I paused to look over my shoulder and make sure no one was within hearing distance, “no one can know." 

A huge grin appeared on his face making those dimples flare up. A heart has been broken people! “I think I can keep a secret. Does tonight sound good?" He asked. 

I nodded. “Tonight sounds amazing."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

Secret dates, apologies, and serenades. I loved it. It was a little after six and Harry and I were making our escape. He had managed to sneak out without waking Louis up. Lulu had taken some Tylenol pms and was out like a light, so I had no trouble sneaking out. A bomb could have went off in the room we shared and she wouldn't move an inch. She was basically dead to the world when she took pms. 

Harry had hailed a cab and told him an address of some place. I just leaned back in the seat and stared out the window watching the busy streets of Miami fly by. The boys' concert had been an earlier one today. Zayn, Niall, Liam, and Louis were exhausted so they crashed early. Lulu had developed a headache so she settled for taking medicine. After she had knocked out I changed into some more comfortable casual clothes instead of my sweaty boy smelling ones I had on at the concert. Harry was in casual clothes too. And I swear on my dead hampster Giggles that I didn't put this shirt on, on purpose. None of my other shirts were clean and I didn't want to wear my plaid shirt again, so I wore my British flag crop top.

We pulled up to a fifties style diner that had chrome on the outside of the building and even had a blinking milkshake on top. It was adorable. We had a restuarant that was sort of like that back home. It was called Babe's and has the best damn spaghetti red on the face of this planet. For those of you who don't know what spaghetti red is I'll tell you; it's spaghetti noodles with their special chili on top and the optional onions and sliced pickles. When I got it I got both the onions and the pickles. They also had pretty kickass milkshakes.  

“How'd you know this was here?" I shifted my purse on my shoulder, staring up at him. He grinned down at me. “I asked the concierge back at the hotel. She told me this was a good, simple place to eat." 

I nodded and blushed when his hand grasped mine, our fingers intertwining. Here comes the blushing again. What in the world is wrong with me? When we got in the diner a waitress in fifies attire seated us and took our drink order. Instead of sitting on opposite sides of the booth, Harry sat beside me. He was siting so close our bodies were touching. 

“See anything that looks good?" I asked, hiding my blush. He glanced over at me with those hypnotizing green eyes of his and said, “Yeah. One thing in particular." I had a feeling there was a second meaning to that.

He couldn't like me. He just couldn't. He was Harry Styles of One Direction. He was a boy every girl all over the world dreamed of being with. He was known worldwide. I wasn't any of those things. I was Veronica Slaughter from Joplin, Missouri who had a bad temper, hung around nothing but guys, and dreamed of becoming a famous photographer. But there was a small chance of that happening. Just like there was a small chance of Harry liking me.

Instead of making a fool out of myself I started looking over the menu. The first thing that caught my eyes was the bacon cheeseburger with curly fries. I love me some meat, what can I say. Without looking at the rest of the menu I closed it and twisted my rubbed bracelets. 

“Are you ready to order?" Our waitress asked. She held her little notepad and a pen in her hand ready to write. Harry told me to go first. “I want the double bacon cheeseburger with curly fries. And no onions," I said. 

“I'll have the same thing," Harry spoke. She took our menus and told us it would be done shortly. After she left we were left in a silence. “I really am sorry."

My blue orbs glanced up to meet his green ones. “It's fine Hazz. Don't worry about it." 

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

After we ate at the diner Harry took me to a carnival down the road. We stayed there until it got dark. I had always loved carnivals. They made me feel like a little kid again. It was even better with the green eyed boy there with me. He made me smile and laugh. He even won me a stuffed animal. It was a cute little elephant with a purple bow around it's neck. 

I got pictures of him and both of us together and he even got some of me. My favorite of him was when he took the hammer and hit the thing and it sent this thing flying up and hit the bell at the top, and after he won he showed off his muscles. His favorite of me was when I was eating my pink cotton candy and was laughing. Both our favorite of the two of us was on the ferris wheel and our faces were up against each others while we had big grins on our faces. All in all it was a great date. The best apology hands down. 

“Have you ever been to the beach?" We had been walking hand in hand along the beach for a few minutes. It was beautiful at night. 

“Yeah. I went last year with my mom, brothers, Lulu, uncle, and cousin Alli. We went to Jamaica." I nodded. He let out a hum and kept walking.

The silence was nice. It wasn't awkward at all. I felt comfortable around him. With his hand holding mine I felt tingles up and down my arm. I know that sounds cliche but I did. The way his large hand practically swallowed mine up and how they seemed to fit together like two puzzle pieces...it was just nice. But what did it all mean? I shook the thoughts from my head and looked up at him. 

“Harry?" He turned to look down at me. “Thank you for singing me that song. Nobody's ever done that for me."

He stopped walking making me stop and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. “You're welcome, and I'm glad I was the first guy to do that for you."

“I can't believe you remembered that was one of my favorite songs," I mumbled. 

“Why wouldn't I?" I shrugged. 

“I don't know. I guess since no one else really remembered," I replied with a shrug of my own. We stood there hugging for what felt like forever before he spoke up again. “I really am sorry for the other day. I was just worried and I didn't know if something had happened to you."

He's apologizing again. I told him it was fine. “Harry, it's fine. I forgave you, remember?" I pulled away to look up at him.

He shook his head. “But it's not fine. I shouldn't have done that. I felt like shit when I saw how much I had scared you. And Niall and Lulu hated me, and wouldn't let me try and apologize, and you wouldn't speak to me or even look at me, and--"

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. At first he didn't kiss back, but after a few seconds he did. My hands slid up his chest and to the back of his neck where I tangled my fingers in the hair at the nape of his neck that was sticking out under his beanie while his gripped my hips. My hat fell off my head and landed by my feet. My heart was pounding. My knees were weak and I tugged at his hair a little, pressing myself against him as he let out a gruff sound of pleasure. I shivered at the feeling of his warm hands on my hips as his thumbs rubbed against my skin.

He was the first to pull away, and when he did we were breathless. The look on his face was one of shock. I'm sure mine was much like his. I can't believe I just kissed him. I kissed Harry Styles. But oh my god his lips! They were so soft and plump and warm. If I wasn't so embarrassed right now I'd kiss him again. 

“I-I'm sorry. I didn't....I don't know why I did--" This time he cut me off. When his lips came down on mine I almost fell over. It was the short, soft, and sweet but it felt amazing. It felt right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy balls! Lol. Question; does anyone know how tall Harry is?

Image
Their lips! Almost died there people.