Status: Still Forming in my Mind :D

Hesitation

Learning

Henry felt tired, more tired then he had felt in a long time. This woman was causing him more trouble then he'd seen in three years.
"You mean to tell me that in the twenty two years she was alive, she only made one friend."
Puffs of smoke circled around his head, making him feel more or less calm.
"Yeah, her name's Emma."
Violet sat across from him, slightly slouching in the plush chair. Long ago, she might have been beautiful, but the nasty addiction to Smoking had worn away her good looks.
"She's claiming to have dreams about Katie?" Henry scoffed and took another puff. "This isn't something special, Violet. Everyone has a dream or two about friends they worry about. Worried about, more like."
The woman shook her head and tapped her ashes into the plastic tray set on the table.
"She seems more put together then most though. Henry, you have to give some lee way."
He shook his head, making Violet grind her teeth.
"This is why Shelby left you. You are so hard headed that you can't see past the tip of your cigarette!"
Henry shrugged sadly as she fumed away, sending black tendrils to stain the ceiling.
"She left me because she met someone else."
"who was better."
Violet grumbled and rose. Her long black coat rustled slightly as she swung in around her shoulders.
"Loosen up. Next thing you know Jackson'll be taking your job, as shitty as if may be."
Henry tapped into the ashtray and waved her farewell, choosing not to reply as the woman whooshed out of the room.
"He worries to much to take my place." He said almost sulkily to the pillow.
So she had a friend, who was crazy, and trying to claim some of the prize. Joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just some little filler/slightly important to the plot as I gather my thoughts and prepare for finals. ;o;