Status: Just starting out!

Flux and Flow

You Shouldn't Have To Fight Alone

"So," Max began a few days later at a band practice. "When do we get to meet this girlfriend of yours?"

"Not sure," Dan shrugged. "Whenever she's ready. I won't push her to meet you lot. She's going through a lot right now and I'm a bit scared that she'll feel pressured or pushed."

"I thought her divorce went through?" Josh commented.

"She was married?" Chris asked, the newest to the situation between Dan and Olivia. He didn't know the full details. He just knew that Dan had a new woman in his life.

"For about three years," Dan nodded. "It ended badly when she found out that he was cheating on her. So she picked up and left. The divorce just went through about four days ago."

"That sucks," Matt sighed. "How is she?"

"Better," Dan replied. "She's been sleeping at my house for the last few days, just so she doesn't have to be alone. It's working out quite nice. Her and my mum get along very well."

"Well that's good," Matt nodded.

"Why is she so upset if this is why she wanted?" Max asked. "I'm not saying it to be a dick, I just want to know. How bad was it?"

"I guess it was really bad," Dan replied. "She lost her mum about a year into her marriage and became numb. He didn't like that she was upset all the time, went out and partied, forgetting that we was married and cheated."

"Poor girl," Josh stated. "Such a shame. From what you've told me she seems awesome."

"She is," Dan smiled. "She really is a great girl."

Even if Olivia had been ready to meet his friends, Dan was pretty sure he wouldn't introduce them right away. He still wanted to keep Olivia to himself. All he ever wanted to do was be all over her, and if he wasn't all over her he wanted to talk to her. He wasn't ready to share. He only shared with his mother because he had to at that moment.

"So she's doing okay?" Josh asked, adjusting his microphone.

"She's doing all right," Dan nodded. "Taking some time off, trying to just relax now that the divorce went through."

Dan was glad that Olivia was at his house. She could have time to herself, but he was always there if something went wrong. Dan just hoped that olivia was ready to move on quickly and ready to be with him completely. He liked her so much.

Dan came home after band practice to Olivia sitting on a couch in the living room, reading a book.

"Hey, love." Dan smiled, closing the door behind him. He kicked off his shoes and walked towards her, sitting on the couch beside her.

"How are you?" He asked, kissing her forehead.

"I'm good," She nodded, putting her book down. "Feeling really relaxed today. How was band?"

"It was good," Dan nodded. "The guys really want to meet you."

"They do?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah! They keep asking me when they get to meet you," Dan replied, pulling her close to him.

"Whenever," Olivia nodded. "It doesn't matter."

"Really? I didn't think you would want to just yet," Dan stated.

"I could do with a night out," Olivia smiled.

"Okay," Dan smiled widely. "I'll put something together for tonight."

"Okay," Olivia smiled.

Dan was surprised that Olivia wanted a night out, but he let it happen anyways. He really wanted her to come out with his friends. Something light and fun, nothing too serious or with too much pressure.

Dan had gotten all the guys to come out for a night at a pub nearby.

"Daniel," Olivia sang. "Can I borrow your jean jacket?"

"You look adorable," Dan smiled, staring at her hips in her tight black jeans. His eyes scanned up to her chest in her equally as tight tank top. "And yes you can borrow my jacket."

"Thank you to both statements," She smiled. Dan loved how happy she was. It was the happiest he'd seen her in their entire relationship.

Dan and Ellie left the house and met walked to the pub. They stood outside waiting for the guys, sharing a cigarette.

"I don't want to ruin this, but can I ask why it is that you're so happy tonight?" Dan asked, his free hand in the back pocket of her jeans.

"I don't know," Olivia replied. "I just feel really good today."

"You look good," Dan smirked, looking his beautiful girlfriend in the eye. She was always beautiful, but she had outdone herself tonight. Hair and makeup, the whole thing.

"Thank you," Olivia smiled. This was the best she had felt in years and she had no idea why, but she decided not to question it.

Olivia looked over and watched as a group of four men walked towards them.

"Are those your friends?" Olivia asked, pointing to them.

"That's them," Dan smiled. He briefly let her go and faced the direction his friends were coming from. The boys walked quickly to Dan and all hugged him, gave him a high-five or a fist bump.

"This her then?" Asked a shorter man with spiky hair and a lot of tattoos. He seemed kind, he always had a smile on his face.

"Yes, this is Olivia." Dan smiled, pulling her close.

"Max," The spiky haired man smiled, shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you," Olivia smiled.

Olivia met all the boys, but clicked immediately with Max. She didn't know what it was. Perhaps it was his outgoing personality. He was easy to talk to, he made the situation a lot easier. Though she loved all his friends. They were very nice to her.

"Olivia," Josh slurred "O-liv-ee-a"

"Yes, Josh?" Olivia laughed, leaning against Dan, pretty drunk herself.

"You're awesome! Okay? You have a friend in all of us," Josh stated, pointing to each man sitting at the table. "And Dan? He's like, crazy about you. He's a good guy. You deserve him!"

"You know what, Josh? I think you're right," Olivia smiled, looking at Dan. Dan smiled and kissed her forehead.

Dan was so happy that his friends accepted Olivia. He hoped she realized that his friends really did like her and that everyone at that table was there for her. He hoped she knew that she had made four new friends here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Somewhat of a filler to just give you an update on Dan and Olivia. Things will start to progress a little more now in their relationship!
Let me know what you think, and thank you for all the comments so far!