Status: Just starting out!

Flux and Flow

Highs and Lows

Dan had always loved being on tour. He loved the atmosphere, the people, the parties, and most importantly he loved playing every night. Music was his life and he felt more than privileged to be able to play in a successful band. He was ecstatic with the way his life had turned out.

Recently the only problem Dan could find about touring was being away from Olivia. He was okay being away from his mother and sister, he had been doing it for a long time. Being away from Olivia was different. He wondered how she was doing. He wondered if she was okay.

Dan knew that Olivia was a strong girl, but he also knew that she had ups and downs rapidly. He liked being there for her, but he knew that she had to learn to fix her own problems without him. It was difficult loving someone that you sometimes felt like you couldn't help. All he could do was stand back and let her know he was there if she needed him.

Dan laid in his bunk and let out a large sigh. He hadn't been getting good service where he was, so he found it difficult to try and contact Olivia. All he wanted to do was tell her about his day and hear about her day.

"Y'alright?" Josh asked, walking into the bunk area.

"Yeah," Dan nodded. "Just trying to get a hold of Olivia. I'm not getting good cell service here."

"Have you tried to get her on Skype or anything?" Josh asked.

"She's not on," Dan replied, shaking his head.

"Well keep trying, mate. You'll get a hold of her," Josh assured his friend before climbing into his own bunk, the one above Dan's.

"How do you handle it?" Dan asked after a few minutes of silence. He twisted his phone around in his hands a few times.

"Being away from my girlfriend?" Josh asked, clicking away on his computer.

"Yeah,"

"You just have to keep trying," Josh stated, with a shrug. "It's not easy what with the time differences and everything, but if you want it to work you do what you can to be with her."

Dan nodded. "I feel like that, yeah."

"Don't stress over it, man. It'll come naturally as time goes on," Josh replied.

Dan nodded and continued to lay in his bunk. He pulled his phone out and tried to call her again, but just got her voicemail. Dan groaned and slammed his phone down on the mattress before rolling onto his side and falling asleep for a little bit.

....

Back in the U.K Olivia was running through her house searching for her phone. She hadn't been able to find it since her phone call with Dan the night before. She was in a panic. Her entire day looked she looked forward to finally hearing from Dan again. She loved hearing about his day on tour and what the set was like.

Dating a musician was exciting. Not because she was dating a musician, but because he fascinated her. The way he told his stories and the way that he lived his life. She thought he was amazing. He lived with passion and infinite love. There was no way she could've felt luckier.

Well, if she could find her phone that would be the icing on top of it all.

Since their last night together Olivia had been through some good days and some bad days. She tried to take every day in stride. Learning to love again was the most difficult thing she could have done, but she was willing to put the work in. Dan made her want to try and succeed at this relationship.

The ringtone of her phone went off and she followed the sound finding it underneath the couch.

"Daniel?" She answered quickly.

"There you are!" Came Dan's relieved voice on the other end of the line. "I was starting to worry! I've been trying you all day long!"

"I'm sorry! I couldn't find my phone anywhere!" Olivia sighed, sitting down on the couch.

"It's all right, love. I've got you here now," Dan replied, a smile obvious in his voice.

"Yes, you do! Now tell me about your day," Olivia smiled, nestling into the couch.

"My day has been good! We had some time off before a quick fan interview. She was adorable, really shy, but she did a good job. Then we did the show and it went well!" Dan smiled.

"Good!" Olivia smiled. "What are you plans for tonight?"

"Nothing! The guys all went out, but I decided to stay in and make sure my girlfriend was still alive," Dan teased. "I'm too tired to go out and drink anyways. I plan on getting a good sleep tonight."

"I'm sorry," Olivia laughed softly. "I'll keep my phone on me at all times the remainder of tour before I go and see you."

"I can't wait until you're here," Dan groaned. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you, too. I wear your t-shirt to bed every night," Olivia smiled, pulling at the shirt of Dan's she was already wearing. She loved the way his shirts fit on her, she loved how they always smelled like him. She just loved him.

"I have your shirt with me, too. I mean I don't wear it because it's far too small for me and as much as I've tried it, purple just isn't my colour." Dan teased, playing with the purple t-shirt of her's that she had given him when he left for tour.

"I think it's definitely your colour," Olivia laughed, tossing her head back. She had never been with anyone who made her laugh the way Dan did.

"Thank you, darling." Dan laughed, biting on his bottom lip. "I love you so much. You make me so happy."

"I love you, too and you make me the happiest I've ever felt," Olivia smiled, playing with the hem of his shirt.

"I can't wait to see you again," Dan sighed. "It's been too long without you."

"It has," Olivia agreed. "Soon enough."

They spoke for a little bit longer until Dan was too tired to keep a conversation going. They bid one another goodbye and said their "I love you" before hanging up. Just as she was about to go to bed, considering it was 11 where Dan was and four in the morning in England, there was a knock at her door. Panic ran through her body.

"Who the fuck is that?" She mumbled. She figured it was probably a neighbour with a problem. She walked to the door and looked through the peephole.

"There's no way," She gasped, she quickly turned off all the lights and ran to her couch hoping he would go away.

"I know you're there, Olivia." Came his voice with a sigh. "Please let me in. It's freezing in this stupid fucking place."

Olivia slowly walked towards the door, but never opened it.

"Why are you here, Tyler?" She asked through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured I'd do a little more of the story from Dan's point of view. I think it's good that I incorporate him every now and again. After all this story is about him. Seems pretty obvious!
I'm so sorry for the standstill in updates of this story. It's been far too long! Thank you for sticking with this story through this halt in posting!