Status: Actively rewriting and posting.

Walking Backwards

XI

We were in my car, seeing as Edward had driven me home in it yesterday. I wonder if he had texted one of his siblings—I wonder how they all got together—oh I’m getting sidetracked, I wonder if anyone took his car back to their house. I didn’t know where we were going quiet yet, so I sat patiently while pretending to be my own dj and mess with the music. “Do you really have to do that?”

“Does it bother you,” I drawl while taking out the cd and replacing it with another.

“Yes, just pick something.” He sighed while keeping his eyes on the road. I decided to play LMFAO – I’m Sexy and I know it, Edward shook his head while smiling. “I should have known.”

“But you didn’t,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Shall I grab it again,” he mused as I pursed my lips together and stared out the window while mumbling about him being a jackass with no sense of humor. “You know I can hear you, right?”

You know I can hear you, right.” I mocked while rolling my eyes. Edward chuckled and just sped up. He had an unusual amount of control over the car; I’m guessing it was thanks to his hyped senses. I continue to watch him, his facial expression was blank, and his eyes were focused.

Could this really be happening to me? Am I really in a some-what relationship with a vampire? I mean nothing was official, but he did say that he liked me and I liked him, so no use in making it complicated right? Thinking back, this is probably going to sound sad, but I have never been in a relationship. Sure, I’ve flirted with guys and girls—no I’m not bisexual, I just love to see people’s reactions. But I’ve never really been asked out on a date.

The only kisses I’ve ever had have been forced on me, so I can’t say I’ve really had a first kiss either. Figuring that out was making butterflies dance in my stomach. I couldn’t stop them from wreaking havoc either. They danced where they wanted to. Of all the times Edward and I have hung out, it almost seemed natural to be in a car with him, but last night he actually held me.

No, nothing perverted happened. But he did hold me, he didn’t let go and he kept me safe. I had always secretly—maybe not so secretly—wanted to be in his arms. I had even kissed him, not a full-blown make-out session but a small simple kiss that I placed on his lips. So, I wonder if he is a good kisser, maybe I’ll find out soon.

It makes me want to go full on girly-girl mode and scream excitedly. I wonder what Jessica would say, she would be so happy! Then by lunch the whole school would know that Edward and I am a couple—even though everyone already had their suspicions. I hate that Jessica was mad at me, so I couldn’t text her. I will have to apologize tomorrow when I go to school, I will almost do anything as long as it’s not her math homework because… I don’t want the poor girl to fail math.

I played with the bottom of my avenged sevenfold tee. The trees were passing swiftly by the car window and I tried to focus on them to see if that would slow them down in a sense, it was something to do to pass my time while my fairy boyfriend took me somewhere. Oh there I go, already mentally coming up with things to poke at him. I loved trying to get on his nerves, he was Edward. He had the cutest mad face too, even though he rarely ever does get mad and I don’t mean serious mad.

Actually, the only time I’ve seen him mad is when I freaked out when Vincent came in and we left, but I didn’t tell him why. I know now that he was just worried about me and had his uncertainties. I remember him glaring at Vincent at one point, so he must have been thinking something unpleasant about him or me. I wouldn’t be surprised if it would have been me. But Edward kept his head on his shoulders, I mean it would have been pretty odd if we got in the car and he was like why did Vincent think so-and-so?

So, I have to wait until my birthday to get away from Vincent… That’s not that far actually, it’s only four more months, so I think I can handle that. I’ll not stay at home so often, I’ll only go in to do my chores and then I’ll think of the rest when I have to. From now on I’ll pay attention and see if his car is out front, if it is… I’ll freaking climb out my window—what’s the worst that could happen? You could fall and break your ass, don’t be ridiculous. I ridiculed myself, as if climbing out of my window was a safe option…

I can’t even climb down the stairs without busting my tail, much less shimmy my way from my room. I sighed softly while smiling. “What are you thinking about?” Edward asked suddenly, which made me jump a bit.

“Oh, just plans to stay out of Vincent’s way.” I messed with the belt that was over my chest.

“What do you plan to do?” He inquired, still not looking at me.

“I plan to make most of my exits from my bed room window.” I grinned impishly as I watched his expressions closely, for a second shock appeared on his face but that was wiped away and replaced with another blank stare.

“That’s a brilliant idea for someone who has trouble walking on the ground.” He took his hand off the wheel so that he could run it through his hair. He hadn’t brushed it, so it still had an almost bed hair look.

“Thanks, it took me a while to think of it.” I smiled.

“Please don’t,” he glanced over at me. He couldn’t tell if I was being serious or not, and I could tell that worried him.

“I won’t, I know I’m one of the clumsiest people in the world.” I patted his shoulder. He gave a sigh of relief as he turned his eyes back towards the road. We pulled into a long drive way, this house was completely surrounded by trees and even more trees. “Where are we?”

“My place,” Edward smirked as he shut off the car and got out.

“You know I rarely go to the guy’s house on a first date.” I unbuckled myself and my door was opened for me. I stepped out and looked around more.

“Could you really call this our first date, after all the things we’ve done?” It was funny how serious he was being.

“I suppose not,” I shrugged as we made it to the door. There weren’t any cars here so I’m guessing the house was empty as well. “Oh Edward, did you bring me here to use your vampire-y seduction on me, without fear of interruption?” I pretended to swoon while holding the back of my wrist to my head.

“As if I would have to do that,” he turned away from the door he had just unlocked. “You were the one last night who had no problem taking off her shirt.” I clenched my teeth and swatted at his arm. He laughed as we walked in. I wasn’t… I didn’t even mean it like that but of course he is going to tease me forever.

Wow… this place is so big and nice. We walked up the stairs and I guess to what was Edward’s room. We walked in and I couldn’t help but gasp, it was lovely. He had the perfect view of the forest; I walked over to one of the windows. “Hey, why don’t you have a bed in here?”

“I don’t sleep so there really isn’t any use for a bed,” he leaned against one of the walls as he watched me walk around and look at everything.

“Never,” I asked while turning back to him. He had his arms folded over his chest as he shook his head. “That must be boring, I love sleeping and having my wonderfully weird dreams.”

“I bet you do especially how you toss and turn. Sometimes you even call out a few names, should I repeat them?” he smirked at me. My face flushed and I shook my head quickly.

“You gathered all that from last night?” His eyes widened for a second before he turned around to go get a change of clothes. He just ignored my question, as if I hadn’t even asked it. “Wait, have you been spying on me?”

“I wouldn’t call it spying,” he muttered.

“Oh my God, you really are a creeper. Enjoy your little late night shows? See anything you like in particular?” I narrowed my eyes at him. With a snap of a finger he was in front of me with his hand on the back of my neck.

“Do you want my honest opinion, Jewlz?” he almost purred, his voice sounding like silk. I nodded slowly while looking up at him. “I loved everything I saw, especially when you would hold your pillow tightly to your chest. What shocked me was one of the first nights I watched you and my name escaped those lips of yours,” he ran a finger over my parted lips.

“I-I… You are a pervert w-watching me sleep and stuff.” My cheeks were already a deep shade of red, he chuckled as he leaned down, and I tried to lean up to force us closer together. He then backed off and walked away.

“Oh well,” he smirked as I glared at him. He was teasing me, what a jerk. I sat down and crossed my arms as I waited for him to change.

“Can’t believe you stalked me like that, you weirdo. I mean watching me sleep anyway and what else have you seen, have you seen me walk out of my shower? How long would you watch me? Why did you watch me?” But nothing came; it was like I was here all by myself. “Come off it, Edward I know you can hear me!”

“I don’t see why I should answer any of those questions,” he came back in the room as he pulled a shirt on. My mouth almost dropped open as I seen his chest and abs. I made another mental note to find a way to see that again. He smirked while looking at my facial expression. “Like what you see?” he chuckled.

“I don’t see why I should answer that question, hmph.” I coughed and turned my head. My stomach chose that particular moment to bud in. It rumbled loudly as I wrapped my arms around it and tried to shush it, but it didn’t really work. I didn’t eat yesterday, and I hadn’t had breakfast yet today.

“Hungry,” Edward asked eyeing my obnoxiously loud stomach. I nodded my head a goofy smile glued to my face. “Well come on and I’ll take you to a little diner.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me up easily.

“So are you going to tell me what we are going to do today?” I looked over at him as we drove to the nearest diner.

“Well, I thought it was obvious. I’m going to fatten you up then dine on you.” He flashed a toothy grin in my direction as I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Hardy ha, you are such the comedian now.” I rolled my eyes. “Seriously, tell me—or is it you have nothing planned and you are just winging everything you do?”

“That’s for me to know.” He reached down and turned the volume of the car up. I folded my arms over my chest. Finally we reached out destination; sad thing is I am going to have to wait for my food, blah. There are only a few people in the diner so we take the booth in the furthest corner.

“Well aren’t you two skippin’,” A nice older woman walked up to our table with her notepad already in her hand. She had kind green eyes and dusty blonde hair that was pulled up, she had a few other pens and pencils stashed behind her ear.

“We were dismissed for the rest of the day,” Edward replied nonchalantly as I read over the menu.

“Ah, I see well what may I get ya,” she had a very welcoming smile, and I could tell she’s been doing this for a while, and probably didn’t mind.

“I’ll have a coffee, black.” Edward smiled.

“What about you dear,” she turned to me.

“Uhm, I’d like the breakfast platter, but instead of eggs can I get some hash rounds, and an extra order of bacon oh and sprite to drink—oh and can I get cheese on those hash rounds?” I chewed on the inside of my lip.

“I see you’re hungry, always nice to see a girl with a healthy appetite. I’ll get everythin’ ready,” she winked at me after pushing her pen back into her breast pocket. She walked away as I looked across the table at Edward.

“Wait until she hears I also want some desert.” Edward laughed at me.

“So you don’t like eggs?” Edward asked as he leaned forward towards me.

“Not really,” I played with a strand of hair. “So can you not eat real food anymore?”

“I can, but it tastes like dust.” He answered truthfully.

“I don’t know how I’d like that, I’d miss my cookies.”

“You don’t have to worry about it.” He traced his finger on the cracks of the table.

“Why is that?” I tilted my head a bit.

“Because you’re human.” Maybe he doesn’t want to change me because we aren’t that close or anything… or maybe he doesn’t know how. I don’t know but I decided to drop the topic altogether. I didn’t want to bother him yet with all my questions that were formulating inside my head.

I tapped my nails impatiently on the table while waiting for the food. I didn’t know what to say, what do we normally talk about? I can’t really even remember what we did when hanging out; it seems so different now because I want to know so much. I mean its wild and it’s interesting. I don’t want to metaphorically step on any of his toes either while being intrusive…

After almost ten minutes a plate was slid in front of my face, the smell wafted up to my nostrils and it took all I had not to devour everything within a few minutes. “Thank you,” I smiled up at the woman who nodded and walked away to serve some other customers.

I began eating my pancakes. “Don’t watch me eat, sheesh,” I mumbled to Edward as my mouth was kind of full.

“I can’t help it; I always have the wager with myself seeing how long it takes for you to drop something.” I rolled my eyes as he chuckled. The food was amazing, and I loved the way the bacon cracked in my mouth.

“So Edward,” I dabbed at my mouth with a napkin. He looked up at me as I straightened up. “Can butterflies become vampires?” He almost choked on air.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to thank: KillJoySynner, ZombieToast, ImNotThatGirl, JustThinking and nyelabee1 for the wonderful comments!:D

You guys are the absolute best~ So, is there anything you would like to see happen? Anything that tickles your fancy? Let me know, keep up the comments<3
Comment<3
Subscribe<3<3