It Wasn't Quite A Fairytale Ending, But It Was Pretty Damn Close.

Original Oneshot

As I began jumping up and down like the millions of people around me, all screaming along to the words we all knew and held so dearly to our hearts. Only I’ve heard them being spoken by him. I keep my eyes on him. He begins jumping around, next to the speakers, then all round, but then remembering his guitar is plugged in and runs back to his spot before he runs off and his guitar gets cut off. He can be suck an idiot sometimes. My hearts racing, I’ve seen them play about a million times before, but every time I see him on stage my heart races even more, knowing he’s doing something he loves, make me happy for him and theirs nothing more I want I this world than for him to be happy. When he’s happy, I’m ecstatic. He glances down at me and my friends and my heart melts, he smiles at me and carries on playing like theirs no tomorrow. I turn to Jess and she smiles at me knowing she saw him look at us too, she leans closer to me and we end up leaning over the barrier even more, she leans into my side and says to me “We’re so lucky to have them” she pulls away smiling. I know who she means. I smile back and then turn to look up at them.

This is their dream. Ever since we’ve known them they wanted to make it big, change peoples lives, like their heroes. Its taken them some years, some tears and a few harsh times but they got their. I couldn’t be happier for them. I love them all dearly, especially him. This is one of the many times I’ve been in the crowd seeing them play, normally we’re waiting for them backstage, but today we were there in the crowd, feeling like a fan, like we used to feel when we saw a band play, way back in the day. We stood there in the crowd of a few short of a thousand, and we feel alive.

As I see him up their, so happy living his dream makes me feel happy. He finally made it. He finally got his dream, he’s up their playing on the very same stage as they once did, when we first saw them, when we first saw our heroes. Live. He was playing on the stage where his heroes once stood. He’s living his dream and that’s all I ever wanted for him. I always said if he believed enough that his dreams would come true. That if you just fought for what he wanted that he’d finally get it, one day. He wanted to be up there, on stage, all his life, and now he was. I couldn’t be more proud of him. I was the luckiest girl alive. Out of the hundreds of girls here, tonight, screaming his name, screaming at him, to just notice them for a brief second, but he chose me. I love him with all my heart and hearing hundreds of girls and guys screaming to him that they love him is an understatement of how much I love him. Their fans are amazing, so kind and loyal, they love this band, if it wasn’t for those fans they wouldn’t have got so far. The fans are the ones that need them. I’m just that lucky one who knew them all that long time ago, and managed to keep hold of him, I wouldn’t be the same without him.

I look up again at their band and see his final stage thing. You know that thing every band member has, to show that’s it near the end and that there giving their all until the very last note. His is the fact that his jumps up against the kick drum and kisses George. Its their thing. I don’t mind really, it’s a stage thing, and plus they used to do it when we we’re young, way back then. Every girl swoons over it and starts screaming obscenities over it, I look around a see a girl not much younger then me screaming his name, I smile at her and scream his name too he looks over at me and I point to her and he jumps down off stage and I push her right next to me, he rushes over and hugs her. I smile at her and she screams a thank you to me and hugs me. I love doing that. He jumps back on stage and carries on playing the few final lines of the song. He looks back at me and smiles widely, like he knows something I don’t.

Just as they finish their last song, he runs over to the centre microphone and smiles. I look at him, and his eyes meet mine, I gave him a confused look and he laughs slightly and shakes his head a bit. “Right you guys out there, had a great night?” he asks into the microphone. The whole crowd screams an defined yes. “Great, now can you guys do me a big favour?” he asks them, yet again they all scream an okay and he smiles widely. “Right. I need you guys to be silent, I need to say something, and I want you all to here” I heard his voice emphasise on the word all. I have no idea what he’s doing, its scary. The whole crowd goes silent, no-one said a word, not even a murmur. That how much they love him, he’s like a god to them. “Right, there’s this one person who you all may have heard of. You know that girl, that girl I’m with at the moment. Yeah that girl.” I smile and I can feel my cheeks turning red, he looks over to me and smiles even more. “You see, I’ve been with that girl since I was fifteen. Yeah a long time. I’ll tell you all a secret, I’ve never felt so in love or alive. She’s amazing and I want you all to meet her. So Jess, where are you?” he asks into the microphone.

“We’re over here dumb arse” she screams at him. He looks over at us and I feel so confused, I have no idea what he is doing, obviously Jess has some idea. I look at her with a puzzled face and she simply smiles and whispers to me “You’ll find out” and then smiles even more. Through the whole thing the crowd is silent. All waiting, like me, to find out what he’s playing at.

He grabs the microphone and pulls it off the stand and runs across the stage to me and Jess, he jumps down to us and stands right in front of us. The fans standing next to us are in amazement. He smiles “Right we need to get you out of that crowd now don’t we, so can someone help me lift her out?” One of the security guards walked over to me and lifted me out like I was a doll. I felt slightly helpless. He took my hand and we climbed back onto the stage. He took me right to the middle of the stage and near the front.

“Fai. I love you so much. You’ve helped me through so much. From the very beginning I knew I’d never leave you, that I was going to spend my whole life with you. I’ve had all my dreams come true, apart from one.” I spoke in to the microphone to me but yet to let everyone else hear. I could see all the photographers below us up against the stage taking pictures of us. It was such a strange feeling to be the one hey were taking the photo’s of, not being the one taking them. “You’ve made my dreams come true. You gave me hope when I thought everything was falling apart.” he stopped and put the microphone on the floor for a moment, and reached into his pocket. I could hear some faint gasps from the crowd. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as he pulled the small box from his pocket, then picked the microphone back up. “I love you so much baby. Fai. I always said we’d be forever, and now I want to make you mine. I want you to be mine forever. Fai, would you mind becoming a Theron , because I want to marry you baby”

I felt hot tears run from my eyes and hugged him and whispered to him “Yes baby, of course. I love you.” I pulled away from hugging him and kissed him. I felt so alive.

“Thanks everyone who came to the show tonight, hope you had a great time. Next time you lucky things see me next I’ll be married to this amazing woman” and he kissed me again.

I guess it wasn’t a fairytale ending.
But it was pretty damn close.