Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Prologue

Louis' POV

Douchebag. Jerk. Dick. User. Idiot. Retard. Stupid. Many more adjectives blow up in my mind helping me to find out what exactly this boy is. Though I shouldn't be wasting my energy on resaerching the correct nickname for him, I should be mulling over the many ways of inflicting injury. A sinner like that should be given severe consequences.

He must know the feeling of my punch repeatedly colliding with his nose; I should threaten him then begin to beat him up, showing him how painful it is for her, in the physical way; I should plot revenge; he deserves to be hurt like she has been. Karma will find his soul very soon.

Violent scenes rotate like a cassette tape in my head. I grin, imagining the triumph and happiness I'll feel once he receives my gift. But even after all this planning, I'm sure I won'tproceed with it since Chennaya isn't a massive fan of violence. I simply want to show him that messing with her heart isn't going to bring fortune into his life.

My hands grip the rough texture of the tree trunk as I see his car come towards me. I catch a glimpse of his face and the other girl. Pity rumbles in my lower stomach feeling sorry for the bird, who doesn't know that this boy is nothing but a cheating mutt.

The woman of my dreams' figure is several metres away from me. Only an inch apart but yet still so far away. The distance between us speaks as my position the entire time I've been in love with her - always by her side but never more than a close friend.

Her hands strongly clutch the edge of the park bench she's sitting on. Her blond hair is tucked behind her ear and I can see the expression. It's the same one she carries whenever she holds back tears. And she rarely cries. This boy must've meant so much to her and he threw all of that love away. He does not deserve her tears.

"Louis?" Her voice captures my attention. She must have realized I'm hiding behind one of the trees. I attempt to vanish all signs of physical anger towards her ex and send over an apologetic smile. "W-What are you doing here?" She wipes the stray tears away, a fake smile tugging on her lips.

I sit down beside her and slowly drape an arm around behind her neck. I rub her left shoulder hoping that the gesture would at least soothe her. "Hey, you don't have to pretend with me. I'm your friend remember?" Even though it hurt me to say it, that's always been where I stand.

Since Chennaya is now absolutely available, I feel the urge to confess my all the bottled up feelings. The temptation to place my palm against her soft cheek, tilt her face up and lean down to plant a small kiss on her lips, almost possesses me. I simply want to tell her that I'll be the one she'll be able to love and trust. But that would be a selfish act considering the vulnerable position she's in now.

"You saw him didn't you?" A sigh escapes the lips I yearn for.

"He doesn't deserve you or your tears. I reckon he deserves a mean punch though," I say matter-of-factly being reminded of the escapades I was day dreaming about. Ones where my knuckles would be coated with the crimson liquid from his bleeding nose.

Panic rises within her gray-blue eyes and I mentally slap myself for behaving in such a way. "No don't. Don't fight him."

"I wouldn't without your permission. But can I throw a carrot at him?"

She eventually rewards me with a real smile, a giving a soft chuckle. "Sure. Carrots are harmless." Chennaya rests her head on my shoulder. Thanks Lou. You're a really good friend, I love you," she mumbles onto the bottom skin of my neck, causing a line of tingles to arouse.

"I love you too." But not in the same way you would think.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)