Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 9

Chennaya's POV

Once Tara flips the television off, I jump up from my seat to scurry off in to the kitchen. My stomach grumbles agreeing with the sentence "I'm hungry" that's on a roundabout inside my head. I snicker at the silly thought gaining a look from my best friend.

I pull open the fridge and bend down to search for anything edible. All of a sudden, my tongue dries and I catch a jug of ice cold water. I grab it and collect a clean glass leaning against the kitchen island. Before I take a sip, I pull the cup away from my lips and I say, staring honestly at her, "Thanks for letting me stay love. You're the bestest best friend."

She snickers. "You sound like a sixteen year old. Oh and by the way, you're cooking."

"Uhh...I sound like a sixteen year old but I'm really twenty one." I shudder from the coolness of the water. "And whatever, I'll cook."

"So...do you like Niall?"

I freeze. "Excuse me?"

The image of the the blondie's toothy grin appears in my mind causing me to smile back. I admit I have been falling for his positive attitude to life and his sweet carefree personality. His accent and unique laugh are just a bonus to his lovely self. I answer her accusation with a maybe.

Then something hits me. "How would you-Have you and Louis been chatting about me again?"

"Mehh maybe, a little," she mumbles.

"I knew it. You fancy him."

"Aha aren't you funny?"

"Aren't I just," I snap back.

"Don't you like Lou?"

The water stops at the entrance of my throat and I cough causing the water to trickle down the sides of my lips. I slam the cup down and then grip the edge of the island continuing to choke. After a while I calm down. "Why would you think that?"

"Oh my god, Chey, are you okay?" She rubs my back ignoring my question.

"Yup, now answer me."

"It's just that why did you choose to-"

I can see lights when I'm with you
I can feel my heart beating like a marching band
I hear a symphony when you're spe-


The chorus of Action Item's Marching Band fills the silence in the room before she decides to answer the ringing phone."Hey Viv."

My ears prick up at the sound of the familiar name.

"What?....tomorrow? When....sure of course....no it's fine.....yeah I'll ask....most likely she will be...no, she's alright....aha I don't think that'll ever happen, she's a tough one...." she eyes me, "Don't even remind me....no we'll be there....yeah it's all good....here with me....no way...okay, bye love...yup I'll see you tomorrow."

I ponder about asking her the Louis question again but I consider it and think better. "Nice ringtone." I smirk.

"Shut up. I like them okay?" The slightly dark blush creeps onto her cheeks and I'm surprised. Tara rarely blushes.

"I like them too but when did you realise you were into those type of songs?"

She waves my comment away and turns her back to me. My best friend isn't one of those typical cliche girls who drools over guys. I have no doubt that she knows that I'm pretty sure this is the result of her getting into a specific boy. Louis' blue eyes burn through my head but a small part of my head believes it's not him.

Instead of dwelling more into the subject I ignore it.

Tara chooses to avoid my gaze ordering for me to collect food while she grabs a packet of chips and two cans of creaming soda. She goes back into the living room, me waddling right behind her carrying an armful of unhealthy snacks.

She plcaes the food onto the coffee table before laying down on the couch, spreading her limbs to each corner just so there wouldn't be room for me. And she called me childish. I drop the snacks as she did before, harshly slap her legs away then plop down beside her. "Ow!"

I shrug and rip open a packet of popcorn, shoving a handful into my mouth.

"You're a bastard. A disgusting one too," she comments.

I give her a cheeky grin. "And you're a bloody idiot who happens to my best friend."

"I hate you as much as I love you."

"I hate you as much as you love me." I giggle at the immature reply.

Tara shakes her head. "Sometimes I wonder if you and Lou are related and why you are even over twenty one. You are both so childish, really. Total gits."

Placing the popcorn back onto the table I hold in a cough then chew my bottom lip curious as to why she always compares Lou and I. In all honesty, I'm closer to Lou than Tara, but that doesn't have anything to do with our common interests or mutual ways of reacting to situations right?

I shake those thoughts away. "What IS happening?"

"Whose birthday is it tomorrow?"

Digging into my brain for any sign of memories, I frown. "Eleyna's!?"

"Yup," she says popping the p. "Vivian planned a girls' day out instead of a party since Eleyna's sick of them."

"Let's not eat all of this now." Our eyes dart to the surface of the table overflowing with food that I'm sure my grandmother will not approve of. "We'll probably get sick."

"What time is it? What time do we have to go out?"

"Early. So Sleep. Now."

I groan getting up, almost stumbling towards the ground. As I make my way to my new bedroom flashbacks of the events that occured the last time I slept in my best friend's house blind me. I frown fighting back a string of curses wanting to dribble out of my mouth. The dream isn't what I'd call a lovely sunny day out, none of it was or is in my mind at all so no matter how many times you turn the world upside down, you will not find a single thought in my mind similar to the dream.

The warm blanket reaches my chin. I sigh preparing myself for anything my brain might come up while my sanity fades away during my sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Just a filler chapter~ I am so sorry for not updating sooner! My laptop charger broke and I haven't had internet til last night! I tried to post this last night but it suddenly disappeared and I had to rewrite! Ugh. I'm sorry this is such a short and terrible chapter but I promise the next one will be better.

And my updates will be much slower than usual. Hope you guys understand. And yay: thirteen subs! Love you guys :D