Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 10

Louis' POV

"That was a the most stupidest movie I have ever seen in my entire life," Niall exclaims as he shoves through us four and roughly pushes the glass door in a pained hurry. He bangs on it until he sees the words that clearly states to PULL. 

I chuckle at his frustration.

Liam slips his phone into his back pocket and shakes his head. "Niall I don't see what's so bad about it. Sure it just kind of repeated the movie and changed a little.."

Irish finally faces us and let's out a heavy huff. "What's so bad about it? The cliffhanger! That's the problem." He runs a hand through an array of wild blond hair. "Don't they know how much that tortures people? It's bloody torture, I tell you."

Zayn places a hand on his shoulder. "Relax mate." Niall gives another pout before finally falling silent. 

I strut up to the front of our group, leading them around the cinema in search for a nearby cafe. Usually my attention would be more focused on usual restaurants though I've been having a small infatuation for caffeine or rather, it's calming aroma - thanks to Chey. 

What has that woman done to me?

"Well I think-" Harry begins to speak up. 

"That the Emma Stone is fit? Yes Hazz, we know," I say. 

He smirks before resting an arm around my neck. "She's a lovely bird though." He gives me a long curious look. "Is Boobear getting jealous?" To add more effect to his little tease, he pokes my cheek. 

I push his finger aside and shake my head. "Why would I be jealous? You're all mine," I sing ruffling his wild curls. 

"How come he can touch your hair?" I turn my gaze to look at a frowning Niall. His bottom lips hasn't moved from being jutted out. They thought I'm the immature one. "That is unfair."

Us four boys don't reply, I slowly shake my head in disbelief with eyes closed. 

For the past two days, the boys and I have been continually rushing in and out of the studio. Everyone else has been frantic about the new album, specially the management, but to be honest we are just singing. From my point of view, there is nothing to panic over as we have gone through the exact same routine quite a few times except with different songs. It isn't as nerve wracking as the first time. 

Liam's voice shoots up into the atmosphere. "Guys, I just got a text. We have to go back to the studio."

Niall lets out a deep yell and kicks a stray pebble out of his way. That lad is impeccably pissed.

"Again?" Harry gasps. "We just came out three hours ago."

He shrugs. "I don't know, they said it's urgent."

Urgent? What on earth?

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


Wiggling my backside even further into the soft padding of the couch, I fiddle with my fingers and stare at the interviewer. I give him a generally genuine smile. 

"So," he mumbles starting on yet another question. "Louis.."

My ears perk up at the sound of my own name being called out. Though I hear it a million times everyday, I can get quite comfortable with strangers knowing how to pronounce, let alone know my name. "Yeah?" I shuffle closer towards Harry's side asking for his help. However, I don't believe he can help by much. 

"I have something here." The interviewer - who I've realized is named Kyle - shoves his hand into a small black bag and pulls out an object that's similar to a magazine or news article. "I'm not sure if you've seen this yet. Just came out either today or yesterday."

The curiosity bouncing off him seethes into my own bloodstream and I lean closer towards the thing in his hand. "What is it?"

"It's a magazine and you're on the front page," Kyle pauses. "With a pretty girl."

I raise my right eyebrow. "Who?" I ask though I'm mostly directing it to myself. I widen my eyes at the sight of the familiar face. 

"Chey?" Zayn splutters out. "When'd you go out with her?"

I tighten my eyes together aware that we are being interviewed and a camera is pointed straight towards the couch we're seated on. I lift my head once again and smile at the interviewer. "Well she's Chennaya."

"Is she..?"

I shake my head continuing to put on the grin on my pained face. "No, we're just friends. We're all friends with her. We went out all together that day. I guess the paps just took that picture when she was walking right beside me." I shrug my shoulders as if it's just an everyday occurrence. It is but not for me. 

For me, it feels as if I'm lying to the whole world, the fans, to Chennaya and myself. It forces my stomach to commit an upside down flip when I realize I'm making up a story even though it's completely true. On the outside, I calmly chew my top lip and pretend, but inside I'm tearing to pieces. My insides are slowly crumbing down. I wish I could show everyone my true intentions but I cant. It's just that complicated. 

A horrid thought blinks repetitively in my head and dread washes through my whole body. An epiphany. She'll never be mine. Chennaya won't ever know my love for her and how much I care about her. 

Kyle nods. "So all of you are single except for Zayn and Liam? Am I right?"

The two nod and I hope he doesn't notice the sudden change of emotion that passed by their faces when they heard my lie. "We're taken," Liam replies. 

"Well thanks for letting us see your studio and for giving us this chance for an interview."

I grin. "No problem!"

All the six of us stand up for a quick stretch. I grab Kyle's hand firmly and shake it before he and his crew say a last goodbye and eventually leave the studio. 

I let out a rough sigh. "That was fun."

"You'll be alright." Harry chuckles and takes a seat beside me.

A familiar ringtone blares from Liam and he excuses himself from us to take it. I casually roll my eyes having the full knowledge to know it's his adored girlfriend, Danielle. I swear those two are indefinitely inseparable.

Blue orbs meet blue. Niall stares at me with wide eyes as I give him a long hard look, attempting to communicate with him. "Just tell me for god sakes!"

"Do it," I blurt out. 

"Do what?"

I lick my bottom lip. "Ask Chey out. Do it, for me. She deserves someone good to replace the memories of her asshole ex. Please?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I have 17 subs! Oh my god!! *happy dance* :D I LOVE YOU GUYS! But you guys should know I ADORE comments. If you comment, I bet my updates will be faster ;) Okay if my British language is terrible, I'm sorry. I'm not British.